TWICE IN A LIFETIME FIND...8 REALE!!!!!!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This in one of those "I was on my way back to the car" finds!! I decided to duck out of work a little early today and hit a field nearby where I had recently obtained permission. There was really nothing to lead me to believe that something was there but it looked like a good area. I had hunted for a couple hours with only a single musketball to show for it. There wasn't a lot of trash on the site so I wasn't really digging much either. I decided I was going to head back to the car and try another field which had just been cut (very early hay crop). I was on my way back to the car when I got a 92 on the F75. I swung by the hole a couple times and it stayed on a steady 92...never had a 92 before...I thought it must be a can or something...same thing I thought the last time I dug A FRIGGING 8 REALE!!!!

I popped the plug and there it was! I knew what it was instantly! I did not have my camera with me but I did have my cell phone so I snapped a couple quick insitus with the camera phone and a quick movie on the way home in the car. I kept the caked on dirt on the coin until I got home because I didn't want to risk scratching it.

A Mexico mint 1774 8 reale...without a huge distracting scar like the last 8 reale I dug! I was so excited on the field that I tried calling Mel, Andy and Iron Patch but I could not connect through 411 and I didn't have a pen to write down the numbers...I actually tried remembering the numbers but I couldn't concentrate...just too excited. I know I should have stayed and continued on with the field but when I am this stoked I can't concentrate on anything. Plus I want to keep it pure for a couple fellow detectorists...there are several who will be getting the invite...

Attachments

• 8realedirt.jpg
    8realedirt.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 5,371
  • 8realedirt2.jpg
    8realedirt2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 5,374
  • 8reale.jpg
    8reale.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 5,333
  • 8reale2.jpg
    8reale2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 5,332
Upvote 2

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Wow, awesome find!! :thumbsup: You have been blessed to find two 8 Reales in your life so far! :notworthy:

This find is going to keep you majorly pumped for the rest of the year!!

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial KirkPA said:
AWESOME! :thumbsup: NOW, this one is worthy of the Banner! :thumbsup:

Where is your SE at? :D

Kirk

SE...what's that? ;D

I'm a Fisher-Man now...F75! Loves the silver and the old iron...

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
That is truly one sweet coin! I would love to dig one of those up. The closest I have got was 1810. 8)

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Congrats on a great find, that coin is a beauty, I'd still be passed out in the field, coin in hand of course ;D
WTG romeo-1 :thumbsup: BANNER BANNER!!
Glenn

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woot woot! 2nd 8 reale I have found and 2nd time on the banner...I am honored!

incajoe

May 17, 2007
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Yeah umm.... Romeo? I'm sorry to inform you that we're going to have to ask you to retire from metal detecting now since you are finding too many 8 Reales and there are still some of us who haven't found even 1 yet.

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Silva ya got there!

You can send your phone pics to your photobucket account if you have one, short vids from your phone too.

Add yourself to your phone contacts with your photo bucket account email addy as one of your email listings.

Find the pic you want, go to your options and send it to that photobucket email addy.

Poof, it's there.

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
:wav:
Number two...hmmmm....What do ya carry for a good luck charm?
SWEET DIG and that's all I have to say about that.
HH
~Nash~

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True_Metal said:
Sweet Silva ya got there!

You can send your phone pics to your photobucket account if you have one, short vids from your phone too.

Add yourself to your phone contacts with your photo bucket account email addy as one of your email listings.

Find the pic you want, go to your options and send it to that photobucket email addy.

Poof, it's there.

Thanks for the tips...I'll give it a try!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Romeo...that is absolutely amazing. :o :o :o

Can you take a picture of them together like long lost twins? :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread