TWICE IN A LIFETIME FIND...8 REALE!!!!!!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This in one of those "I was on my way back to the car" finds!! I decided to duck out of work a little early today and hit a field nearby where I had recently obtained permission. There was really nothing to lead me to believe that something was there but it looked like a good area. I had hunted for a couple hours with only a single musketball to show for it. There wasn't a lot of trash on the site so I wasn't really digging much either. I decided I was going to head back to the car and try another field which had just been cut (very early hay crop). I was on my way back to the car when I got a 92 on the F75. I swung by the hole a couple times and it stayed on a steady 92...never had a 92 before...I thought it must be a can or something...same thing I thought the last time I dug A FRIGGING 8 REALE!!!!

I popped the plug and there it was! I knew what it was instantly! I did not have my camera with me but I did have my cell phone so I snapped a couple quick insitus with the camera phone and a quick movie on the way home in the car. I kept the caked on dirt on the coin until I got home because I didn't want to risk scratching it.

A Mexico mint 1774 8 reale...without a huge distracting scar like the last 8 reale I dug! I was so excited on the field that I tried calling Mel, Andy and Iron Patch but I could not connect through 411 and I didn't have a pen to write down the numbers...I actually tried remembering the numbers but I couldn't concentrate...just too excited. I know I should have stayed and continued on with the field but when I am this stoked I can't concentrate on anything. Plus I want to keep it pure for a couple fellow detectorists...there are several who will be getting the invite...

Attachments

• 8realedirt.jpg
    8realedirt.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 5,371
  • 8realedirt2.jpg
    8realedirt2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 5,374
  • 8reale.jpg
    8reale.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 5,333
  • 8reale2.jpg
    8reale2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 5,332
Upvote 2
OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
romeo-1 said:
True_Metal said:
Sweet Silva ya got there!

You can send your phone pics to your photobucket account if you have one, short vids from your phone too.

Add yourself to your phone contacts with your photo bucket account email addy as one of your email listings.

Find the pic you want, go to your options and send it to that photobucket email addy.

Poof, it's there.

Thanks for the tips...I'll give it a try!

No prob.

You can also add your regular computer email addy instead of your photobucket addy to your phone contacts and send them there, then just upload them to your photobucket from your computer files like you would other pics if you have trouble the other the way.

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Wow! I'd like to see the movie of you driving home after that. Go through any red lights or hit any curbs?
Congrats!

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing coin! Can't imagine how thrilling it must be to dig one.......well, maybe can imagine it a little.
:hello2:

Keep digging!

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That ain't right ;D You need to go put it back so those of us that don't have one...can have a chance at finding one. You don't need two ::)
What a find...congrats :icon_sunny:

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to change your avatar to 8 Reale. That is just absolutely fantastic. Congrats reomeo.

Burdie

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on an amazing find. For many of us, it is a dream to find any reale, but to find TWO is amazing.

Just a quick history lesson: From what I remember, the coin is actually a milled dollar. Milled dollars worth eight reales, and were often divided by cutting into "pieces of eight". Thomas Jefferson modeled our own coinage using the milled dollar as the model. Each "bit" was worth 12.5 cents, hence 2 bits being equal to a quarter dollar.

Once again, congrats on the coin and the banner!

:wav:

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol holy smokes dude, ANOTHER one! wow. Great coin no matter what condition...and this one just looks fantastic too (no scars are always a plus ;D ). Congrats again!

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nate in Ohio said:
lol holy smokes dude, ANOTHER one! wow. Great coin no matter what condition...and this one just looks fantastic too (no scars are always a plus ;D ). Congrats again!

Yep, like you I prefer a bigger plug...learned the hard way early in my detecting career! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burdie said:
You need to change your avatar to 8 Reale. That is just absolutely fantastic. Congrats reomeo.

Burdie

My avatar is actually of the 1st 8 reale that I found...I'll have to make a new one with the "twins"! :thumbsup:

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations finding such a beautiful 8 Reale! That Cloud 9 feeling when you saw it and first picked it up I am sure will be remembered for quite some time!

Don

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o DANG Romeo that is SAAAAAAAAAWEEEEEEEEEEET !!!!!!!!!!

SUPER Congrats !!!

Derek :thumbsup:

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Just awesome man,

Big congrats on pulling another 8 out. Man I hope at some point one of these foundations I come across here in P.a will give up the spanish silver. My early sites seem to produce just the coppers.

HH Jer

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only imagine the excitment you had when you dug that up! :o I'da probably fainted! :D

What a fantastic find, Romeo! Many congrats!!!

Nana :wink:

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's an insitu that I took with my camera phone. As soon as I flipped the plug out it plopped. Sorry for the crappy phone pic...I gotta start taking my camera with me.

Attachments

• insitu2.jpg
    insitu2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 3,731

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
AH! BACK IN THE MARITIMES WHERE THE RELICS OF SUCH JOY CAN BE FOUND!! GREAT JOB BUD AND I BET BEFORE THE YEAR IS OUT, YOU'L FIND A 3RD ONE AND A FEW MORE SILVER LADIES AND A REAL NICE BELT AXE ;D NOW I AM HOME SICK :'(

THESE ARE A FEW THAT I DUG IN THE GASPE COAST WHEN I WAS BACK HOME IN A OLD CELLER

Attachments

• Mappen webb Teapot & Bottles0001.jpg
    Mappen webb Teapot & Bottles0001.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 3,679

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions