Backyard,Pilgrim 5cent piece...

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
I been detecting whats left in the yard the last week, about an hour or so each night. My yard is down to slim pickins now,still managed to pull up another wheat though. I have seen some play money on here and have found my first, actually 2 of them,one in the backyard and one in front. I made a drawing of the dime so you can see it better. The other play coin, the 5 cent registerd all the way below iron. I dug it figured what the hey! I saw it and got very excited for about.023472 seconds, untill I saw the word "play" LOL. I think its kinda cool though never seen one like it. It feels like, and is as lite as plastic. on the edges it says GOLD MEDAL on one side and TRANSOGRAM on the other. Then there is the usual junk. I am almost up to the 50 mark on the total number of wheats from my yard. Good luck on your next hunt!!!!!

Attachments

• skunk dime.jpg
    skunk dime.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 891
  • skunk2.jpg
    skunk2.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 873
  • pilgrim51.jpg
    pilgrim51.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 1,024
  • pilgrim5.jpg
    pilgrim5.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 903
  • pilgrimback.jpg
    pilgrimback.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 898
  • jackjunk.jpg
    jackjunk.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 887
Upvote 5

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Cool finds Mystro, Its going to be a sad day when you get that yard cleaned out.Its been good to you.HH

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find !I like that play coin ,its neat!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds mystro,

keep a diggin,

there's more!

HH

Lonewolfe

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some neat finds. Mystro, I keep hearing that a place is never completely hunted out. So there should still be hope for you. Good Luck !

Huntin' 59er

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds Mystro! Play money is cool, makes for an exciting half second, huh? I'll hate to see you finish your yard - guess you'll just have to sell and get a new yard to hunt, lol! HH!

OP
OP
Mystro7

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
I did some research on that play coin and found that TRANSOGRAM was a toy company from the 30's to about the 70's I think. I have found alot of collectible games and such. I think they mostely made games. I have not been able to find what particular game it came from or if they made just play coins as well. There is aslo mention of "goldmedal" on some of thier games and stuff I still dont know what that means either. All I know is that the play coin is actually a collectible and probly worth more than any of the wheats I have LOL.

asbruckman

Oct 5, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was planting a rose bush next to my mailbox, and dug up a ten cent piece that looks like it's from the same set!
Sorry for the blurry photos.
IMG_2813.jpg IMG_2811.jpg

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds all tell a story. Now its time ti till the yard it needs new grass anyway lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread