Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to try the beach again, I was itching big time to get out..so I got there at 430pm, anyways, was dry sand hunting, as I still am having problems with the xt in wet sand.
Anyways, the beach was slowly starting to empty out, folks going home and or going to dinner.. well, I am picking up clad here n there, then I get a good solid hit, mid 30's bouncing but solid, so one inch down, I see a circle, I thought oh heck another metal bottle cap, well I scooped it up and it took every ounce of control for me not to do a happy dance in the sand, so I quickly put it away. NO ONE SAW ME recover it.. so here I am, with a beautiful heavy and I mean heavy sterling silver initial ring. I was so thrilled.. well, I sat down 30 min. after I found it to take a break, when here comes a teenager, asking me if I found a ring, I asked her what kinda ring ya looking for? She described it to a tee.. so I did what was right, I handed her the ring and said is this it? ( it had the initials she had said to me too on it) I was glad, but on the other hand, I was sad, as it was my first really good find on the beach.. and alls I got was a pix of it in her hands on my cell phone and I have no clue how to get it on here.. so thats my find for the day along with 1.71 in clad.

Attachments

• 0803081814.jpg
    0803081814.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 991
Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
heres a bit of instant karma for you -- I just got off the phone with gasrrett my stock coil went bad -- its under warrenty and I asked can I upgrade to the bigger one if I cover the differance --yep they said --so anew big coil on the way along with coil covers from the big guy and my sniper coil -- so now I got an "excess" standard sized ace 250 coil cover if you want it booty let me know --- see karma in action

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you for being so honest, I really commend you for what you did!!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Too bad about the timing BB....But with the description of the ring and everything,how could you not give it up.I think you did the right thing :thumbsup: Next one will be your's for good no matter what goes on.Beautiful return BB....you're alright!!!!

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Well you did the right thing and thats the most important thing you could have done.......

Surfin

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You make us all PROUD!

I figure out it's a case of the balance of "pleasure" to find versus "misery" to lose ... and once you got that pleasure of finding IF you can return it I believe you should to relieve the loser's misery.

I found a beautiful white gold band with diamonds in June and I looked at it and looked at it and agonized. It had an inscription dated 1965. I knew MY pleasure was nothing compared to the misery of whoever lost it so I listed it on Craigslist that very evening and have re-listed once a week ever since. Unfortunately no response yet .. but I sure feel better about myself (and have since found 3 more gold rings which is very, very rare for me).

You KNOW you did the right thing and SOON a gold ring will be listed on here from BootyBay.

HH Joe

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Good job Booty....ya did the right thing. Lucky for her you were there with the detector to find it! Kudos to you!! :thumbsup:

HH,
Moon

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
That was a pretty one too Rae! Like they say, Easy come, Easy go. Too bad the Mom couldn't have told you thank you.

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
Bootybay ~ You did the right thing! You're going to replace it in NO time because that's the way it works. keep on swinging and let us know when you get the replacement ring!

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
I am proud of ya Booty!!!!!!!!!!! your a credit to the hobby and I know there are many even better finds in your future! Have ya tried the beach mode on that X70 yet in the wet sand? might help I am not sure as I have never used mine on salt water so I am just stabbing in the dark here :P

Slipperyjack47

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Thats awesome! Man your camera on your phone works really good! What kind of phone do you have? Anyways I am glad that you made a person really happy to have there ring back! :)

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was nice of you to do such a nice thing. I know of one person that doesn't care and won't give back no matter what...and honestly he has to stay at the beach all day to find something.

Is that a spoon ring? I found one of those in June. It is going to make a nice Christmas gift for my mother. Someone broke into her house two years ago and stole all her jewellery. Hers had been a gift from her mother many years ago. The one I found says sterling on it.

good deeds bring about good luck.

HH

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what kinda camera phone... omg its a cheap azzed samsung by verizon.. and honestly the sun was so bright, I couldnt tell how the picture turned out till I got home..

is it a spoon ring?? well its not really a spoon ring, more like the design of a spoon ring minus the fancy part of the spoon, it was handmade out of melted silver and shaped in the design of a spoon ring..but the initials carved on it was done in old fashioned writing which made it so dang pretty..

and your all right, I did the right thing.. I havent hunted since due to pain in my arm, but I am feeling better so I may go tomorrow again weather permitting..

but at least I got a picture of it.not the greatest but got the pix .so thats good.

stillgottawork

Jun 6, 2008
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT , Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_queen: Your a credit to the hobby....You did a very nice thing..... :thumbsup:

Its good to let the small things go..(silver)

So you can get the big things.....(gold)........HH

b14ckd34th

Jul 28, 2008
Detector(s) used
Prizm 3, Fisher F2, Fisher F5
good job..why do we th'rs get such a bad rap?

goldnow

Apr 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
When you give one, You get two back...You just seeded your karma garden, now just wait for the harvest. You did good, girl.. So, feel good..

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BB,
You found the right stuff and did the right thing with it! Be glad not sad. that young lady will remember you forever even if she forgets your name. Your legacy will live on.

HHHH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread