1853 Seated Quarter ~

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer
Hi All
Went on vacation for a 10 days . Had a great time I hooked up with some of Buddy's from the North West Treasure Hunting Club. The trip was all about water hunting But I didn't find any gold ???. Went to some sweet spots including Canada.On Saturday we went to Celan & Soap lake. We got 1 gold at Celan then we headed to Soap Lake and hunting a couple of hours till dark. Too my surprise I found 2 mercs with my excal/Wot. The water feels like soapie water and smell of sulfur when you dig with your scoop the sand stays mixed with the water and can give you a rash real fast not fun. So on my way back Home I hit it again this time only going to my knees and this time I was using my SE with the pro coil. Heres what I found in a 2 hours hunt. 1853 Seated Quarter/1944 walking Lib/2 Washington silver Quarters 2 Merc Dimes and 2 War Nickles All the coins were in ca coons So it was kind of fun cracking them open I am going back in a week or so :icon_pirat: The only bummer about the whole trip was learning one of my friends had passed away She was a great Treasure hunter and a writer for E&W Treasure Lucy you will be missed HH RonC

Attachments

• DSCN0316.JPG
    DSCN0316.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 613
  • DSCN0319.JPG
    DSCN0319.JPG
    305.7 KB · Views: 614
  • DSCN0321.JPG
    DSCN0321.JPG
    256.6 KB · Views: 603
  • DSCN0324.JPG
    DSCN0324.JPG
    369.6 KB · Views: 610
Upvote 0

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice finds. Looks like the site has never been hunted. I hope you go back and clean out. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow ~ VERY NICE COIN FINDS RON!! WOOHOOOOOO!!!! Very exciting! Pre- Civil War silver coin?! CONGRAT'S!!!

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds like one productive lake right there...the seated quarter is awesome despite all the stuff on it, I'd love to find one of those in any condition...congrats on the nice pulls! Sorry about your loss tho.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice job on the 1853 seated quarter :thumbsup:
You don't hear about coins that old being found in the NW very often.
Sorry to hear about Lucy, she will be missed :(
Hope we can hook-up this weekend somewhere.... Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t00 bad that the seated has arrows =(....still better than anything i have ever found =P

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about your friend, I have also lost a close friend this year.

Great finds. I hate it when I find coins here in Utah that have been eaten by the alkali soil around here.

Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread