A Civil War Eagle Button!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Ok so Baldingboy went out tonight with intentions of finding a good spot to hunt and we happened to drive down a road in the OLD part of town and some guys were working on cutting up a tree. BB asks them as we are driving by if we can detect. They say to go talk to the guy cutting the grass. So we do and he says yes.

The first house was old, like late 1800s old! The second wasn't much younger and the third was about the same age. So we thought we hit the motherload tonight. Sadly only one Wheat penny was to be had tonight and tons and tons of trash!!! Turns out the one house used to be a crack house until it mysteriously caught fire ::)

Anyway we decided to move to a different location where we had found Indian Head pennies and two Civil War bullets. Things weren't looking good and just before heading home I got a strange signal at 4 inches deep. Turned out to be this button. About two feet away I found a pocket knife about 8 inches deep but I didn't get it cleaned up. I showed BB the button and he made me stop at his trailer and clean it before going home. So what do you think Civil War or not? The house was there prior to the war and is within a Block of the Battle of Cape Girardeau.

The damage was already there. BB will vouch that it was caked with mud until we cleaned it so I didn't murder it with my digger.

Thanks for looking.

Oh yeah I guess I can now say Mastereagle found an Eagle! ;D

Attachments

• but1.JPG
    but1.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 613
  • but2.JPG
    but2.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 620
  • button back.JPG
    button back.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 629
Upvote 0

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I can promise you that I did NOT make that hole. The button was caked with mud and I had to clean it off to see the thing. The hole was already there.... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATS MaesterEagle!

What a nice find! Those CiviL War Eagles get your blood pumping every time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread