5 Silver, 17 Wheats, 1 Gold/1 Silver Rings, 21 Hunt Silver Streak Still Alive!! - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 5 Silver, 17 Wheats, 1 Gold/1 Silver Rings, 21 Hunt Silver Streak Still Alive!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2008
    Midwesterner
    DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
    1975 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: 5 Silver, 17 Wheats, 1 Gold/1 Silver Rings, 21 Hunt Silver Streak Still Alive!!

Captn, what will you do with yourself if you don't find a silver to keep the streak alive? I for one hope that never happens. Great finds again my friend and goodluck on 23, 24 and beyond! jgas
    JGAS

us
    Apr 2007
    Southern CA
    Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
    11 times

Re: 5 Silver, 17 Wheats, 1 Gold/1 Silver Rings, 21 Hunt Silver Streak Still Alive!!

Nice finds!!!!!!!! I hit newport and huntington in june around 8 times and never hit gold!!!!!!! but I stayed on the dry sand... the beach was getting kinda hard for me because there is massive area 2 cover!!!!!!!!!! I found a nice silver braclet in dry sand... they also drag the sand at night in huntington!!!!!! so it drags coins and other things all over the beach!!! was the gold ring in wet sand?
    Thanks, PistolPerfect! Yes, the ring was in about 4 inches under the water of a small saltwater beach swimming hole. I've been finding a lot of coins and junk items at the beach, but little gold also. You just have to dig every signal, and in time you'll get your gold!

You did good again Captain! Congrats! Nice gold ring. Pannonian
    Thanks, Pannonian!! Good luck to you!

Nice haul of silver Capn. I like the nugget ring also. I'll have to head out to your neck of the woods and plant some of my colonial coins. Wink
    Chris
    Thanks, Chris. Yeah, that's what you're going to have to do if I'm going to find a Colonial in my neck of the woods.

Captn, what will you do with yourself if you don't find a silver to keep the streak alive? I for one hope that never happens. Great finds again my friend and goodluck on 23, 24 and beyond! jgas
    Thanks, Jgas! I know my streak will end sometime, and it will be at the park that has given me the most silver this year. I just don't know when it will happen. It almost did on Thursday, but I managed to squeak out 1. We'll see what happens this week.

HH,
    CAPTN SE
    Dan

us
    CS IS NEXT

Nov 2005
    PA-MD
    Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
    924 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Colonial Silver Zeus
    Nice haul of silver Capn. I like the nugget ring also. I'll have to head out to your neck of the woods and plant some of my colonial coins.
    Chris
    Maybe even a couple three ringer's Unbelievable Dan....Best of Luck to Ya!!!

us
    Apr 2007
    Southern CA
    Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
    11 times

Quote Originally Posted by civilman1
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonial Silver Zeus
    Nice haul of silver Capn. I like the nugget ring also. I'll have to head out to your neck of the woods and plant some of my colonial coins.
    Chris
    Maybe even a couple three ringer's Unbelievable Dan....Best of Luck to Ya!!!
    Thanks, Civil! Good luck to you too!! Let's see some CW goodies!!!

HH,
    CAPTN SE
    Dan

us
    Oct 2007
    Southern Illinois
    e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -
    2 times

Re: 5 Silver, 17 Wheats, 1 Gold/1 Silver Rings, 21 Hunt Silver Streak Still Aliv

Dan, I missed the Gold ring congrats.Thats awesome !!!!!!

Aug 2007
    So Illinois
    DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE
    5 times

Nice going Dan, 22 sounds good to me also. My Pro coil has produced silver on every hunt I have used it on but 1 or 2. HH
    JDD

us
    Jul 2013
    Greenville, NC
    Fisher F2
    16 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Captn SE View Post
    Hello my friends!!

The heat has really limited my hunting time for the past month, but I'm still getting out for a few hours here and there when I can, and each hunt has been a lot of fun. This 21 consecutive hunt silver streak has really challenged/pushed me to find at least one silver coin during each hunt in the turf. So far so good. I struggled yesterday to find 1 silver coin, and after digging 14 wheaties(ranging in dates from '21-'58), along with a bunch of 60's memorials/'65 dimes, I found my coin, a '60 Rosie. The silver ring I recovered yesterday was a pleasant surprise. It sounded like a deep wheatie. I believe it's an older style, and was down at a depth I was digging '40's-'50's wheaties, around 6". The other Rosies, along with a '41 20 Centavos were found last week at my #1 hot spot; same as yesterday.

Earlier this week, I wanted to give my local beach a try with my Explorer. The SE worked great in the wet/dry sand. My best find was the small 10K ladies nugget ring.

I'm not sure how much longer I can continue my streak at this park. It's bound to skunk me soon after recovering over 106 silvers from it this year. Either way, it's going to end where it started. I'm not going anywhere else....gotta go to the spots that reward you the most.

I like the sound of 22, though.

Thanks for looking!!
    Keep the Passion High!

CAPTN SE
    Dan

You are really making me jealous Thanks for sharing and I'm sure your streak will continue!

us
    Nov 2012
    New Orleans
    Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
    1152 times
    Metal Detecting
    Wow, cool silvers
    Ad Majorum Dei Gloriam

us
    Anthony

May 2013
    City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
    Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
    6758 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    WOW...great hunt....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links