Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finished work early and headed back to my latest spot. Some interesting finds today.
Towards the end of the hunt it was almost dark and I could barely see anything but I got a signal and dug down. In the hole was an object which was non-metallic but not overly heavy. I couldn't see what it was and put it to the side until I got the metal target out of the hole. When I got back to the car I could see what looked like a face and when I cleaned it up at home it was a pottery head - a very ugly pottery head ;D
head1.JPG
Don't look into its eyes - bad juju​

rifle1.JPG
Part of a "Ned Kelly" toy rifle. Ned Kelly was a bushranger (outlaw) who was famous for wearing armour during his robberies and gun battles with the law. Eventually caught and hung and his famous last words were 'Such is life".

winna1.JPG
My favourite - this is an open roadster made by Australian toy company WINNA F.H.E in the 1950s and is quite rare.

1921penny.JPG
1921 Half Penny -not much hope of cleaning this one up​

I'm looking forward to the weekend now to spend a few good sessions on-site.

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
great finds....that pottery head could be to a puppet....their heads were often made of clay,pottery,ceramic etc....

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how olds the head?

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the head. I have all my doll parts placed in a specific location in my house, and periodically mumble and chant various incantations to the detecting Gods. Seems to work half the time. I do what I can, with what I got. Good going.
CurbdiggerCarl

OP
OP
Harry_Morant

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
how olds the head?

Ummm...its a late Greco-Roman piece.......I wish, its probably only 50-60 years old.

Gypsy Heart said:
great finds....that pottery head could be to a puppet....their heads were often made of clay,pottery,ceramic etc....
That has actually given me some food for thought Gypsey, the head also appears to be wearing a red cap and the face seems vaguely familiar but I can't place it.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
isn't that biff from back to the future?

R

RUDY2003

Great lookin little car Harry......
Nice diggs'...

Keep safe...

Keith

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread