This site is not worth being part of

bookfisher

Bronze Member
Jun 18, 2005
Long Island, New York
This is the worst thing to ever happen here on t-net , wait I'm sorry ,,, rest in peace t-net --------------- this is not t-net anymore ,it's newtreasurenet ...... Notice you don't see the familiar faces anymore .The have gone to new sites .....................................(old sites )

Wow, calm down and take a deep breath! It's basically the same site, with just different graphics. In two weeks nobody will care or even remember what the old site looked like. Also, the administrators have put a lot of work into this. Give it a chance and we'll all continue to post our finds. No big deal.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
This is the worst thing to ever happen here on t-net , wait I'm sorry ,,, rest in peace t-net --------------- this is not t-net anymore ,it's newtreasurenet ...... Notice you don't see the familiar faces anymore .The have gone to new sites .....................................(old sites )

Wow, calm down and take a deep breath! It's basically the same site, with just different graphics. In two weeks nobody will care or even remember what the old site looked like. Also, the administrators have put a lot of work into this. Give it a chance and we'll all continue to post our finds. No big deal.

Unfortunately, some people have left because of the change and I will definitely remember the old Tnet that I have used for 3/4 yr. I'm starting to forget the old Tnet now.
icon8.png

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Bookfisher, agreed. Sagittarious, nobody, and I mean nobody, has left this site. I am going to need some time to get used to the new folder icons and how they indicate hotness, or if you posted in the thread. There is a lot more raw graphic info right in your face. But it will take a bit of getting used to. It's better.

Dig It Man

Jan 31, 2012
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Cru. Give them a break they just got it up and running. Gonna take time to tweek everything. No need to whine publicly . Just message one of the moderators.:thumb_down:
What really irritates me about the present change, I got locked out of the arcade I was busy setting a record for the most credits on the video poker. I been playing this game for over two months, and all of a sudden my game is gone, and I lose over 500 million credits. WOW! Should have kept the arcade up and running since folks were using it. Oh well, I guess now I will have to go find something new to do elsewhere. Later on folks!

genlee

Aug 20, 2011
Cascade, MD
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro & Fisher F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know being a web designer / network engineer / Web Hosting Manager, I know what it takes to make a forum run right as I manage about 150 for my clients, and I am here to tell you folks that bandwidth is what it is about. The bigger the image you post the more bandwidth it uses. And to be honest I would have set the image size to 500k that is a good 1024 x 768 image, if you resize it and set the quality to 80%, that is what I do with all my images I post in here.

And as always you will have people complain about the new forum until they get used to it.

I say if you want to keep you hosting company happy, set the images threshold to 500k, and people will have to get used to it. It is really no big deal.

I guess some people like to cause issues. i am happy with the new look and feel.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it took me for ever to get logged in.. you would think I owned a mine lab...but now it's fine

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know being a web designer / network engineer / Web Hosting Manager, I know what it takes to make a forum run right as I manage about 150 for my clients, and I am here to tell you folks that bandwidth is what it is about. The bigger the image you post the more bandwidth it uses. And to be honest I would have set the image size to 500k that is a good 1024 x 768 image, if you resize it and set the quality to 80%, that is what I do with all my images I post in here.

And as always you will have people complain about the new forum until they get used to it.

I say if you want to keep you hosting company happy, set the images threshold to 500k, and people will have to get used to it. It is really no big deal.

I guess some people like to cause issues. i am happy with the new look and feel.

We updated it to 3.5 Megabytes, which is huge.. that should make everyone happy. Yah it costs us more and takes up more bandwidth but we can deal with that...

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Cru. Give them a break they just got it up and running. Gonna take time to tweek everything. No need to whine publicly . Just message one of the moderators.:thumb_down:
What really irritates me about the present change, I got locked out of the arcade I was busy setting a record for the most credits on the video poker. I been playing this game for over two months, and all of a sudden my game is gone, and I lose over 500 million credits. WOW! Should have kept the arcade up and running since folks were using it. Oh well, I guess now I will have to go find something new to do elsewhere. Later on folks!

We are investigating on if we can get the Arcade moved over here.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides, I now know there is a very buxom blond who wants to meet me that lives just 3.5 miles from my internet provider's location thanks to one of the sponsors.

LOL! I noticed her too, she's only 2.8 miles from me.:nono:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off, I DO like the new format. I can certainly live with these changes, and I have no intention of abandoning the BEST treasure hunting site on the internet.

I have one friendly suggestion which might merit the consideration of the new owners. Long ago, I had been interested in having a personal page for the sole purpose of being able to quickly find and keep track of my "Today's Finds" posts. This never happened, which was fine. It would've been a lot of trouble for the moderators at the time to move all of those "finds" posts, which probably numbered in the hundreds even then. The reason I was interested was this: For a member with 500 posts, it is not difficult to find old threads or replies. (The search feature works well for this.) But for a member that has been here as long as I have, with 10,000+ posts, it is quite a difficult thing to find old posts, or to see how much I had hunted in a certain year or month vs. what I found. I do REALLY like the "My Posts" categories of "My Threads" and "My Replies." Already, this is a HUGE improvement on the forum! I had two ideas about how to improve this further:

1. When a member clicks on "My Posts," is there any way that they could be categorized by the section of the forum they appear in, and listed by year? An organization system that would differentiate "replies" from "threads started" would be highly beneficial. For example, when "My Posts" is clicked, it could show a timeline that you could decide whether you'd like to see replies or threads started, then the user could scroll through the timeline to the month or year they wished to see. A filter would be very helpful if, say, the member wished to view only the threads that they had started in Today's Finds in 2008 for example, or view only their replies to others posts in March of 2010. :)

OR

2. The popular social networking site Facebook has a place where a member can write a "note." The New TreasureNet could perhaps employ something similar, where a member could post a private or public "note" on their profile, where they could share tips/techniques that would always be available to others (without another member having to search through someone's posts, or know in advance that such a post existed in order to search it). New members could then go to a long-standing member's profile page to look at their tips on detecting, coin-roll hunting, yard sale or auctioning, etc. Moderators could write "notes" that contained website "how-to's" or other pertinent information without cluttering up the top of an already shortened first page of a board with "sticky" posts. A member could write a public or private note and categorize all their "today's finds" posts by month or year by copying and pasting the links for those posts in a "note."

In closing, I do like the vast majority of the changes to the forum. Some changes along the lines of what I have described here will make the organization and management of a member's own content much easier, especially the long-standing members on TreasureNet.

I am just trying to envision some changes that others might find beneficial.

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy

Last edited:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one more bit of feedback before I step away from this thread. In my experience here, the original poster's ability to delete a reply or a topic has been very important in the past. While it is always possible to edit something, in many cases I myself have seen the need to re-evaluate what I wrote (thought more in retrospect about how it would be interpreted or mis-interpreted), and felt it best to delete a reply or original topic. I think that this bit of freedom could save some future headaches for the moderators here. Not all of us re-read and re-consider, but I don't think I am alone in the fact that I do.

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Bookfisher, agreed. Sagittarious, nobody, and I mean nobody, has left this site. I am going to need some time to get used to the new folder icons and how they indicate hotness, or if you posted in the thread. There is a lot more raw graphic info right in your face. But it will take a bit of getting used to. It's better.

I was thinking that a few people might have left, but no one who left was very major here.

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Yup, sure is different......The company I work for just flipped the switch on our new web-site on Monday and the phone lines have been glowing red ever since from clients who couldn't find things anymore.....One thing I like VERY MUCH is that it seems the new mods are bending over backwards to help us get accustomed to the change, and that is very much appreicated.

HH all!

Greg

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, sure is different......The company I work for just flipped the switch on our new web-site on Monday and the phone lines have been glowing red ever since from clients who couldn't find things anymore.....One thing I like VERY MUCH is that it seems the new mods are bending over backwards to help us get accustomed to the change, and that is very much appreicated.

HH all!

Greg

Thanks Greg... we will continue to bend over backwards to make changes to the site to improve it. Just be patient with us. I think it's going to take at least a week to really get it where we feel comfortable with it. We won't be done, but we'll at least feel comfortable and like we made a huge dent and are getting close ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread