May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe the limits on attachments when its all about the pictures:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

PS.
This was sorted quickly by the MODs & all is well. This post has faciliated many good changes already. If fact the photo size is probably a little TOO big now.
Things look like they will improve, although I'm still unsure how a follow a thread that wasn't posted by me, by that I have replied in? For example, if I'm helping an ID in the 'What Is It' that someone else posted how do I easily follow any further responses?
Also how do I 'edit' & delete a previously attached image?

Attachments

• Brooch.jpg
    Brooch.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,570
Last edited:

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No worries, we were working on it and have to make changes as we go. It looks like you got a photo up. Did you resize it or did it start working correctly? I can up the size no problem I just need the info :)

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No worries, we were working on it and have to make changes as we go. It looks like you got a photo up. Did you resize it or did it start working correctly? I can up the size no problem I just need the info :)
FiletypeMax File-sizeMax WidthMax Height
bmp.gif
bmp
19.5 KB620280
doc.gif
doc
19.5 KB--
gif.gif
gif
19.5 KB620280
jpe.gif
jpe
19.5 KB620280
jpeg.gif
jpeg
19.5 KB620280
jpg.gif
jpg
97.7 KB
--
pdf.gif
pdf
19.5 KB--
png.gif
png
19.5 KB620280
psd.gif
psd
19.5 KB--
txt.gif
txt
19.5 KB--
zip.gif
zip
97.7 KB

The above are tiny limits, so I suggest you up them all by at least x5. 97.7 KB for a jpeg is a joke, & not a funny one.

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dang Cru. Give them a break they just got it up and running. Gonna take time to tweek everything. No need to whine publicly . Just message one of the moderators.:thumb_down:

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe the limits on attachments when its all about the pictures:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

PS.
I can't even edit my title from 'put' to 'part'!

Fixing these issues now. Please give us a bit of time to tweak everything.

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like John is getting you fixed up :icon_thumright:

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We'll certainly increase the photo/attachment limits, those are just all the default settings.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Cru. Give them a break they just got it up and running. Gonna take time to tweek everything. No need to whine publicly . Just message one of the moderators.:thumb_down:

True, but it's going to happen because it's like losing an old friend and having to get to know a new one, so more than just Cru are going to be a little anxious.

Cru actually posted earlier about how to see the threads you replied to, and it seems it's not going to be the same.... which means when this place gets rockin (if it does) it seems like it will be near impossible to keep track of the threads you wanted to follow, or at least not as easy. Personally I think the T-net was perfect as it was, but it is what it is, and now this is it!

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should be able to edit your thread title as well. Also, all attachments have been bumped up to allow 3.5MB attachments for the images and unlimited resolution on those. You have 30 minutes to be able to edit a thread title from the time you post it. The reason for the limit is that editing the thread title also changes the link to the thread and thus can break people's links/bookmarks, and even the links we sent out in emails to update people on who's posted in the thread.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True, but it's going to happen because it's like losing an old friend and having to get to know a new one, so more than just Cru are going to be a little anxious.

Cru actually posted earlier about how to see the threads you replied to, and it seems it's not going to be the same.... which means when this place gets rockin (if it does) it seems like it will be near impossible to keep track of the threads you wanted to follow, or at least not as easy. Personally I think the T-net was perfect as it was, but it is what it is, and now this is it!

We are working on adding that functionality in. You guys please have to understand that it's not going to be done instantly. We are working on this right now. Give us a few days to iron out all the kinks... Let's also try to keep these types of issues to our central thread. The more it gets spread out the harder it is to keep track of and I don't want anyone thinking we are ignoring their complaints or issues, but once they get posted in 10 or 20 different threads its not easy to keep up with.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are working on adding that functionality in. You guys please have to understand that it's not going to be done instantly. We are working on this right now. Give us a few days to iron out all the kinks... Let's also try to keep these types of issues to our central thread. The more it gets spread out the harder it is to keep track of and I don't want anyone thinking we are ignoring their complaints or issues, but once they get posted in 10 or 20 different threads its not easy to keep up with.

Trust me, this will be the busy thread if the title doesn't change. :)

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We understand the feeling and that's why we're working so hard to be helpful.

There is actually a TON of ways to keep track of the threads and posts that you want to follow. You can do this by clicking on the Settings in the top righthand corner and then going down to General Settings. Within the settings you can see the new threads that you have replied to. You can also get alerts of replies via email which is what I like.

I also really like Active Topics. Give that a try as you can see EVERYTHING that's going on.

This new software is a lot more secure, faster, upgradable and secure. Did I also say it's more secure and less hackable :) We want to protect all of the content here and make sure that it will always be safe. With that we have to stay up with the times and this software will allow that.

Let me know if you have anymore questions regarding subscriptions and I will show you all the cool ways to do it!

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have also created a link on the navigation bar menu that says "My Posts". This should be a shortcut to keep track of your new posts and threads.

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
it seems like it will be near impossible to keep track of the threads you wanted to follow, or at least not as easy. Personally I think the T-net was perfect as it was, but it is what it is, and now this is it!

Your subscription setting can be changed in your: settings, my account, Default Thread Subscription . Also use the home button to see the latest threads going on. Some other setting for your user can also be changed.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We understand the feeling and that's why we're working so hard to be helpful.

There is actually a TON of ways to keep track of the threads and posts that you want to follow. You can do this by clicking on the Settings in the top righthand corner and then going down to General Settings. Within the settings you can see the new threads that you have replied to. You can also get alerts of replies via email which is what I like.

I also really like Active Topics. Give that a try as you can see EVERYTHING that's going on.

This new software is a lot more secure, faster, upgradable and secure. Did I also say it's more secure and less hackable :) We want to protect all of the content here and make sure that it will always be safe. With that we have to stay up with the times and this software will allow that.

Let me know if you have anymore questions regarding subscriptions and I will show you all the cool ways to do it!

Right on. I'm sure I'll figure it out, and like all others get used to it. This was the year I was going to let everyone else find the good stuff anyway... wait, I think that was last year. Either way it's all good.

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL give us hunting newbs a break so we can actually find something ;)

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay out of it then, not your concern.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Exactly right, nearly impossible to follow simple logical replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread