target022

Tenderfoot
Apr 27, 2011
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These are some of the first things I found with my new detector. An old dog license from 1963 and a record number and destroy tag. A few years ago there was a thread here about what these tags were. Apparently they were attached to keys for new cars, the number allowed you to have a new key made. Only thing I haven't figured out is what brand car does the EP code stand for. Anyone know? The code is EP076.

Attachments

• IMG198.jpg
    IMG198.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,124

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
I have know idea what that DESTROY tag is! WEIRD!!

I like the Contra Costa County tag! My mom lives in that county ~ Near Richmond and El Cerito!

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
DESTROY tag is from a automotive key set. The number allowed a dealer to make a set if the keys were lost.

OP
OP
target022

target022

Tenderfoot
Apr 27, 2011
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
oddcoins said:
I like the Contra Costa County tag! My mom lives in that county ~ Near Richmond and El Cerito!

Thanks, she must live near me somewhere, I'm in El Sobrante.

vikingsfan66

Nov 23, 2015
Hector, MN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RE: Record number and destroy tag

I don't know what kind of car it would come from but it must be a fairly old one. I have also found one of these tags attached to a bunch of other skeleton keys and other things, (key chains, really old). One of the key chains is inscribed with my great grandfather's name and city. If the tag was from a vehicle he bought, it could be anywhere from the 1920's or newer. My great grandfather was a rural mail carrier and he did not use a vehicle, this was when he was still using horses. So, I'm wondering how old this thing could be??? Maybe it is from one of the first vehicles he bought. It's also kind of intriguing because, like I said, it is bundled with about 25 skeleton keys of all shapes and sizes. And the number on this one is KF 505 ,

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That destroy tag is for a new key set for a '69 and up Chrysler product.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread