Titanium sand scoop project updated more pics.

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
Hello guys and gals.. Here are a couple pics. of my latest project. I finally got around to fabricating a few scoops from the rest of my titanium stash. Not an easy build but fun none the less! I will post more pics. later.
Thanks for looking.

Dennis

p.s. If think you may want one of these, I will be posting in the classified section in a few days. Once I finish these.

Attachments

• Sand scoop project 2-2-10 002.jpg
    Sand scoop project 2-2-10 002.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 2,846
  • Sand scoop project 2-2-10 004.jpg
    Sand scoop project 2-2-10 004.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 4,681
  • Sand scoop project 2-2-10 009.jpg
    Sand scoop project 2-2-10 009.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 2,620
  • Sand scoop project 2-2-10 008.jpg
    Sand scoop project 2-2-10 008.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 2,513
  • Sand scoop project 2-2-10 010.jpg
    Sand scoop project 2-2-10 010.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 2,541
  • Sand scoop project 2-2-10 012.jpg
    Sand scoop project 2-2-10 012.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 3,063

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Titanium sand scoop project

Outstanding work Dennis!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow, how much will one of those be sold for?? They look amazing... and I'm assuming, really lightweight, since they're made of titanium... Sweet!! :thumbsup:

Bran <><

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Bro! They look great :icon_thumleft: I'd love to have one . :coffee2:

minetres

Mar 13, 2008

Dennis,

Those look good I may be interested in one what is the price? Also I'm looking for a six foot Titanium prybar for moving large rocks willing to pay good money.

Minetres

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.

mxtman2,

Are you going to make any of those in long handle? You could probably make the bottom of the scoop to take a bracket and a couple of bolt-on side braces so a long handle (wood or take down titanium) could be added? How big are you boring the holes? Don't go too big. At any rate put me on your list for one of the hand scoops. Joe

OP
OP
mxtman2

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe

godisnum1 said:
Wow, how much will one of those be sold for?? They look amazing... and I'm assuming, really lightweight, since they're made of titanium... Sweet!! :thumbsup:

Bran <><

Thanks Bran. Yes they are very lightweight. You can carry it all day and not feel it! That is it's main attribute, as well as being BRUTE strong!
I am going to post these in classified section and give price there as I don't think this is the proper section to do that.
I sent you a pm.

Dennis

OP
OP
mxtman2

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe

dazoff said:
Your going to have to put my name on one of those Dennis. :thumbsup: Dan

Hi Dan. How's the digger holding up? You are on the list! It's a short list (only have 5 scoops). I sent ya a pm. Thanks

Dennis

OP
OP
mxtman2

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe

minetres said:
Dennis,

Those look good I may be interested in one what is the price? Also I'm looking for a six foot Titanium prybar for moving large rocks willing to pay good money.

Minetres

Thanks Minetres. Sorry, no Titanium pry bars. I sent you a pm.

Dennis

OP
OP
mxtman2

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe

JOE(USA) said:
mxtman2,

Are you going to make any of those in long handle? You could probably make the bottom of the scoop to take a bracket and a couple of bolt-on side braces so a long handle (wood or take down titanium) could be added? How big are you boring the holes? Don't go too big. At any rate put me on your list for one of the hand scoops. Joe

Hi Joe. Sorry I don't have plans to make a long handle version of these as I am now out of material. They could be modified to take a long handle easy enough. The holes are 5/8" dia. (smaller than a dime).
PM sent.

Thanks

Dennis

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those are some beautiful hand scoops MXT.You sure are gettin crafty on this stuff, keep it up an we are gonna start tellin folks an swamp ya with orders lol.

HH Tank

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Great job!!
Many people sent me a PM about buying a long handle titanium scoop...
I just don't have the right equipment here at the house to be able to make and sell them.
Have you given any thought about making them?

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I saw this thread, I sent mxtman2 a quick pm to let him know I wanted one of the titanium scoops.
It arrived yesterday. :icon_thumleft: Totally awsome job on the welding and fabing. The scoop works great!
It is truly a work of art!
Dennis, thanks for taking the time to make such a strong, custom tool for our hobby / sport. :icon_thumleft:
Extractor

OP
OP
mxtman2

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
Thank You very much Extractor. Responses like yours are the reason I put these out there for the Tnet members. Building these scoops and diggers is more a labor of love than just a money maker to me. I really appreciate knowing others out there are using my handiwork and apperciate the quality.
I want to thank all the people who pm'd me on this and apologise to those who wanted one but I was unable to supply. I am seriously thnking about doing another build in the future. Thanks again to all.

Dennis

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Great looking work!
Baggins

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice scoop :icon_thumleft: i was a machinist for 25 years i made parts for the early Stealth Bombers all out of Titanium the hardest metal on earth that scoop should last at least 200 years :laughing7: Great job .

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like this scoop a lot. I would like one with a long handle as I mainly wade in the water and would need more holes for faster draining of the sand. Light weight is always a plus along with strength. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread