New Cen Tec Pin Pointer

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats. I really like the CenTech pinpointer for the money. It has a few flaws that make it less than ideal but overall you can't go wrong for what it ends up costing you. I took mine to the beach and actually had a wave wash over it and it kept right on ticking! If it had stopped working I wouldn't have lost any sleep over it. I just would have spent another $16 on a new one.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
girardpaguy

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QDII / Cen Tec Pinpointer
mts said:
Congrats. I really like the CenTech pinpointer for the money. It has a few flaws that make it less than ideal but overall you can't go wrong for what it ends up costing you. I took mine to the beach and actually had a wave wash over it and it kept right on ticking! If it had stopped working I wouldn't have lost any sleep over it. I just would have spent another $16 on a new one.:icon_thumleft:

I agree you can't go wrong for the jing. I plan on using mine at the beaches here as well.

:icon_sunny:

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
girardpaguy said:
You can make the Cen Tec really preform well with a few simple mods and a little time. I'm going to Radio Shack this week and if I remember I'll write down the part numbers for you and post them or PM you. Woodstock
mts said:

I agree you can't go wrong for the jing. I plan on using mine at the beaches here as well.

OP
OP
girardpaguy

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
LittleJohn said:
I just ordered two of em....these buggers better work....
For the money they work. The don't probe very deep but they do get you closer. If your an MDer on a budget, i think it is the ticket.

HH,
Mark

OP
OP
girardpaguy

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
woodstock said:
girardpaguy said:
You can make the Cen Tec really preform well with a few simple mods and a little time. I'm going to Radio Shack this week and if I remember I'll write down the part numbers for you and post them or PM you. Woodstock
mts said:
Thanks woodstock :thumbsup:

B

Bev

For those of you who have bought the Cen-Tech, check out this thread:
"Problems with your Harbor Freight Cen-tech pinpointer? How to fix 'em."
My pin pointer from Cen-Tech has been used maybe 4 times and it started quitting. I love it so much I stopped detecting when it died. Not to worry!
This thread is awesome. I did the "surgery" on mine this morning and it worked like a charm- perfect again!
It is really finicky. Don't be upset if it happens.
Thank you so much, KimsDad, for the help with this!
Some may go deeper but I like that I know when I'm really close to finding "it". I'm interested in the Garrett Pin Pointer but I have questions not answered on the site and am still searching them out.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bev said:
My pin pointer from Cen-Tech has been used maybe 4 times and it started quitting. I love it so much I stopped detecting when it died. Not to worry!
This thread is awesome. I did the "surgery" on mine this morning and it worked like a charm- perfect again!
Some may go deeper but I like that I know when I'm really close to finding "it". I'm interested in the Garrett Pin Pointer but I have questions not answered on the site and am still searching them out.

What kind of questions do you have on the Garrett?

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
i've been hearing so much about he cen-tec PP that i figured i couldn't go wrong gettin one as a spare PP, after pickin it up i made a trip to radio shack and bought a 3V DC micro vibrating motor and a 33 ohm resister, first i pigtailed it off my speaker but even after covering the speaker with tape the unit was still loud so i went back and cut the speaker wire, now my cen tec only vibrates when hittin a target :thumbsup: this was very simple to turn it into a vibrating pinpointer, thanks to a previous post i read on this site

B

Bev

mts said:
Bev said:

What kind of questions do you have on the Garrett?

I'm sorry MTS, I didnt notice your question I asked it on the Garret Propointer worth it or not thread just now

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread