Bullseye or Blue Max for Whites XLT

D Merc

Greenie
Aug 20, 2009
Hi everyone, I am looking to add a new weapon to my arsenal for my White's XLT. Because most of the parks I hunt consist of large amounts of trash and iron I am considering either the 5.3 Bullseye coil, or the 4X6 blue max coil. I know each has its positive points for instance the bullseye will seperate targets in trash better however the blue max may allow you to cover a bit more ground. I am just looking for some opinions before I decide which one to purchase. Any input would be great. Thanks! HH

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 4x6 will separate better due to its dd design but it won't get the depth of the 5.3. Get the 5.3 you won't regret it :thumbsup:

audigger73

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2011
I agree with jharhed, I use a 5.3 bullseye on a whites quantum in trashy areas with excellent results.
separates very well and goes almost as deep as the 9.5 coil

Cleetus

Oct 24, 2011
Salt Lake City, Ut.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got a Quantum XT on eBay with a BlueMax 8.5" and a Blue Max 5.3" ($300).......This is my first detector and I'm having a hard time finding out much about the Quantum. I have found the manual online and also a good article on how to use the Quantums . Apparently if you get them adjust and tweeked right, and with some practice to know your machine, they make a decent detector. I think this one will have the V 1.2 software in it..........Any ideas on this machine or if these are good coils for it? Waiting for the mail still. I have a number of 100+ year old houses and lots that have never been gone through, to detect, when I'm ready.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread