self swinging whites metal detector

airbrush

Greenie
May 5, 2010
I love MD but I give out after swinging the detector after about an hour or so. So I came up with this . now i can detect all day long and not get tired.I have it where i can adjust the swing speed to from slow to fast. I used a old wheel chair to make it and a car windshild wipper motor.and lawn mower battery. works great. I just push it slow. I can stop the coil in the middle when i get a hit,and the back wheel turns so i can pinpoint the target.That way I leave the coil over the target so i know where to dig. It is a three wheeler.How cool is that?

Attachments

• Picture 028.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 1,990
  • Picture 030.jpg
    Picture 030.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 1,718

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess you call that contraption Robo-detector :laughing7: Now all you have to do is add a motor and make it radio remote control, even less work for you :laughing7:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would have been easier to buy a nice light Fisher. :laughing9:

On the other hand, you can grow into that rig.

grandma-with-walker-and-cat.jpg

MICHIGANJAY

Dec 28, 2006
MI
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT, Equinox, Excal. 10, Ultra 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
Airbrush, Thanks for the great post--What a great idea. I have been working on a similar design for swingin' multi-detectors! I guess Great minds think alike! :wink: I'll post some pics once I finish constructing the unit. I am interested to know how it is workin' out for you..It looks cool! Any design considerations for some of us folks who are comin' up with similar designs?

Keep it Up!!!

MJ

OP
OP
A

airbrush

Greenie
May 5, 2010
This is a lot easyer than swinging it by hand,I use it to set on to,when I take a brake.LOL It is easy to push to and light weight and strong.Push like a bicycle.I just charge it up at night.

djm of PA

Jun 11, 2010
Carsonville, PA
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac and White's Classic 4
That's cool! Now you need a little trunk to put a monkey in with a digger. when you get a signal, let him out so he can start digging :D

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
That is brilliant ! Can you nominate a great idea for the banner ???

windage

Apr 3, 2011
Mason-Dixon Line
Detector(s) used
eyes, ears, wet finger in the wind and old willow sticks, when that don't work; Minelabs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rube Goldberg called.... wants his detector back...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread