Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, Sov GT, CZ-21 & Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Great question, I put earth magnets in my stealth and the broke apart the first outing.

OP
OP
Sandscoopdan

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Thanks. Do you line the inside of the stealth with 1/4in chicken fence? I was thinking about cutting 1/4 in metallic chick fence and zip tying it to the inside of scoop. But only half of the inside and then putting some rectangle magnets I found at harbor frieght in between the sand scoop and chicken wire. Anyone ever done that?

mfitzs70

Sep 15, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett's Ace 250, Garrett's Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you have an old harddrive that doesn't work take the magnets out of it...they got quite a bit of pull to them.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I use two donut magnets (1 one the bottom and 1 on the side) in my yellow plastic sand scoop. I hold them in with zip ties. Works great. I got my magnets from American Science and Surplus. They were rejects because the word "magnet" is on them in orange. They work great for me. It will grab the bobbi pins.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I use two donut magnets (1 one the bottom and 1 on the side) in my yellow plastic sand scoop. I hold them in with zip ties. Works great. I got my magnets from American Science and Surplus. They were rejects because the word "magnet" is on them in orange. They work great for me. It will grab the bobbi pins.

Dirtslinger

Apr 6, 2013
Western Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000 w/NEL SS, Nokta Impact, Garrett Treasure Ace 300, Minelab Equinox 800, White's Coinmaster 4/DB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neodymium magnets work well. I use the nickel sized ones, epoxied to my digger. Works well for me.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard drive Neodymium magnets work well they pack alot of punch

OP
OP
Sandscoopdan

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
I thought about ripping apart somebody else's computer. This way I don't have to take mine apart. Is it 5 o'clock yet? I'm ready to go home. It has been a long week and there were rip tides in Galveston this week so I am headed down there

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do the hard drive magnets compare with magnets from a micro wave? I took a micro apart for the magnets, and they are pretty strong, but also kinda heavy.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont believe microwaves have ND magnets so they wont be as strong... as for the hd magnets a 2-3 gram Nd magnet can pull 1k it's own weight ...needless to say you dont want your finger in between 2 hd magnets its gonna hurt

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where can I get some without ripping a computer apart ???
you could ask a local computer shop or buy them off ebay or get neodymium magnets...if you dont have hard drives laying around

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread