Scoop Handle Angle

BowmanPa

Jun 3, 2013
Millerstown, PA
Detector(s) used
Just Bought MXT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This might have been asked before but since I am new to MD I thought I would ask.

I have read about angles on but what is the benefits of a 20 degree angle to a 90 degree angle on a sand scoop for the handles?

I hope I am asking my question corretly. I am looking to buy a sand scoop but have not found one I really like and a good price. I will only be going to the Beach maybe 2 or 3 times a yaer.

I just want to get an answer to my question with out causing a post fight on different scoops or the angle of the handles.

Thank You,
Emmett

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well what if u just took like an old broom handle & a 2x4 block size of a scoop nail it on one degree try it in the water then switch it to the other degree n c whats gonna work best for u gotta remember now what works for 1 may not for the other good luck

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's more a matter of personal preference and what feels comfortable to use. I don't like the 90 degree ones as I like to scoop at a steeper angle and it's just too awkward to do that with a 90.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personal preference. See if you can hold and feel each type.

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
I prefer my scoops to be more or less the same angle as the blade of a regular shovel. That's probably about 20 degrees. Never tried a 90 degrees but don't think I would like it. I use the scoop like a shovel so I want it to handle like a shovel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread