dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It seems everyone loves the Garett Pro pointer the best...

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a few out there I have 3 different kinds I have a garret propointer,sunray probe,automax v2. The sunray is great but its got its limits cuz u have to have a certain 1 & it hooks up to ur detector, my opinion yes its a pinpointer but more of a mini 1" detector attached to ur detector,the automax its alright it works u can adjust sensitivity,& switch between audio & vibrate. Down fall its the size of ur detector lol jk, the pinpoint rod does break not built very strong,can findem cheap will get the job done. My go to which I have 2 of is the garret pro pointer built like a tank,not big I believe like 7" or so somewhere around that has a led light, it will also beep & vibrate & intensify the closer u get to ur target, these r well liked for a reason. Minelabe makes a profind 25 which is very close to the same but costs a little more but u can adjust the sensitivity which comes in handy sometimes. Out of the ones I've tried my best ones would be the garret propointer,I consider the sunray as more a tool or add on to the detector that's great for more info to ur detector hope at least something here helps

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either the Garrett Pro-pointer or the Minelab Pro-find 25. Garrett is cheaper, Minelab has buttons to adjust sensitivity. Both are well made units

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only ever used one, Garrett. I don't need to try any other. It works just that good! ;)

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont think you'll go wrong with either Minelab ProFind 25 or the Garrett, find out who will give you the best deal on either pointer and pick one, Im pretty sure Barts has the lowest shipped on the Garrett, $119. Call or email him.

bill17042

Dec 1, 2007
Lebanon Co. Pa.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, Kellyco pinpointer
One of the best I ever had was the Free one that I got at Kelly.Looks cheesy and hyped with all the colored graphics.
Used it so much and then broke it. I bought another and it was ruined by water immersion.
The next one I used was one for finding nails in wood, wider at the end than any others, but Probably the most sensitive one I have ever had.
It is called The Little Wizard, very inexpensive, and VERY sensitive.
I do a test with all of them, by measuring the distance from the metal in my dental bridge! Little Wizard preforms the best.

OP
OP
B

Blazer

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2013
Midlothian, VA.
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got the Garrett Sat. and what a wonderful tool. Makes detecting even more fun.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
After getting the pro pointer, I will never be without one again...

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IMO the Garrett is the only way to go I did hear that White's is coming out with a newer similar one this winter. Go for the Garrett.

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can't improve on perfection. Get the Garrett. I am a Minelab fan myself but the Garrett ProPointer is better than the Minelab ProFinder 25 IMHO and usually less money.

diggin-a-hole

Aug 13, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber -
Garrett Ace 350 -
MP3 Pro ( don't buy one ; mine was free) -
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett propointer gets my vote

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Question.....I have several.
1 Detector pro uniprobe (old one with no headphones)..it is too quiet of me to hear, I had to add a Radio Shack amp/spkr...Now there are wires all over the place, so I bought another (2)
2. Detectorpro pistol probe. taking it out of the box it fell on the ceramic tile and broke the business end off. I glued it back on and it still works, but I cannot hear it either, so I bought another (3)
3. Vibra-Probe. no sound, just vibration...I think it sucks so I bought another (4)
4. Garrett Pro-Pointer..:hello2: I can hear it, it works great, handy holster it sits cross draw on my belt. I should have bought it first....maybe you should too!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread