Garrett GTA Ultra 350

Kibkibble

Oct 6, 2013
Northern WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA Ultra 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all! New to the site and wanted to share this w everyone.

Bought my GTA 350 back in 1994 and it is still going strong. Stopped detecting back in 1999 cuz I took on a big project of building my home and just never got back into it. One day last month I was in the basement and came across my long forgotten friend. Plastic AA battery clips were broken, but after some paper clips, electrical tape and fresh batts my friend came back to life. Now I know it's an older piece of equipment and doesn't have the bells and whistles that the newer machines have today, but it works very well.

Was out in the woods yesterday and found 2 Indian heads (1898 & 1904) on a valley bench above a river. I knew of this place as a kid. It was a 100' x 50' impression in the ground that was once a small pond. I remember as a kid there being about a foot of water in it, but it has since drained and contains lots of growth. Going back as soon as I can.

Just love detecting!!! Although my wife thinks it's a waste of time, she doesn't say anything about it. She says cuz she knows it makes me happy. I think the reason I enjoy it so much is because it's just me, my machine and chance. It relaxes me!
I love it!

Kib

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to forum and back to metal detecting. What more can a person want than something that gives them satisfaction and relaxes them.

OP
OP
K

Kibkibble

Oct 6, 2013
Northern WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA Ultra 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you Team. Thanks a bunch!!!

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IH pennies are on the top of my Want To Find list along with a dozen more coins. Wow!!! two IH pennies is great.:occasion14: I will keep looking.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your old friend is still good to go.Have fun.HH

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome back. It's you, God and nature ( with a little luck thrown into the picture too! ). Was it like riding a bike?

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread