Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldmoon,

The Viking arrived today. I could tell as soon as I removed it from the box that this baby was built to perform and for a long time too.

You do some nice work and I really am impressed. Thank you!

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right across the pond from me =)
Would it be possible to hash out a safe for both parties method a side from Ebay for us to make a sale/ trade?
Pm me =) Super awesome product and I'd love to support a local hobbyist!!!

OP
OP
Goldmoon

Goldmoon

May 6, 2012
BC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Ironclad "Viking" Digger
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey guys, texastigerdigs is doing a giveaway right now on a red Viking, feel free to get in on it and subscribe to his channel! I sent this to him as a gift and he was kind enough to do a giveway!

Enjoy!

Note: (The contest goes on until August 22nd, 2015) so you should still be able to get in on it.

Last edited:

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I subscribe to Tiger's site, he sure does some great videos.

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me too, mine was the comment about Texas soil being like digging through bricks. Lol

OP
OP
Goldmoon

Goldmoon

May 6, 2012
BC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Our soil has been really bad here in BC, Canada. Hottest dryest summer again as usual and just keeps getting worse each year.

I will be making some relic shovels soon. I have the design pretty much done, just need to find time to make a batch so stay tuned, I estimate a month or so and I'll have the first few up for sale.

Thanks for all your support everyone!

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep me posted, I love my Viking! I filed all the edges down and the point but other than that fantastic tool

Fletch78

Aug 1, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Currently Minelab Gp Extreme, MINELAB GT, American Gold Striker , and Sovereign Elite ! PREVIOUSLY Explorer XS, Whites GMT, Fisher Gold Strike, , Whites XLT, Whites DFX, Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ordered one. Not here yet. Can't wait !!

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be making some relic shovels soon. I have the design pretty much done, just need to find time to make a batch so stay tuned, I estimate a month or so and I'll have the first few up for sale.

Thanks for all your support everyone!
This exact scenario went through my head just the other day when I put an order in for an out-of-stock, Predator Ranger shovel. Now, I'm kicking myself because I had an inkling that you were going to come out with a shovel and I didn't wait for it. I bet it will be a nice one too .... :BangHead:

OP
OP
Goldmoon

Goldmoon

May 6, 2012
BC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I made a rough prototype for a friend the other day, out of 316L Stainless again. It works really good but I want to modify the design over the next couple of weeks so that it's unique and doesn't look anything like other digging tools.

The price will be less that the other relic shovel type tools as well, and I have recently been doing some research. Though a few people had a hard time with the price, the Viking is actually mid-range price as a certain other well known company has something similar and is charging $80 for the so called deluxe version of the hand digger, The Viking being in the $55 range is actually a way better deal and also a superior product.

ds1 copy.png

I will take a better picture of this prototype later but it has a T handle at the top and a well devised weld (which can't be seen in this picture) The handle is 28 inches long so you don't have to bend all the way over to dig. And you can really put your weight onto the foot pad.

I'll probably come up with something that has 'south' facing serrations since you will be putting more weight into it when you step down, and I will try to make it as sleek, durable, aerodynamic, and starfighter-like as the Viking. :thumbsup:

2015-08-21 21.19.14.jpg

Last edited:

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL...I HAVE THE VIKING!!! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440360729.299636.jpg

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've owned a lot of digging tools and I must say that I am impressed with the quality and the design/build. I used to be a machinest/welder so I have a different eye when it comes to diessecting fabrication processes and I'm impressed with the design of how you had cut, bent, welded and then ground the edge AND welds. I just recently bent my second Lesche, while digging in roots, but I don't anticipate this one ever bending with normal use. I work with leather and Kydex so I am in the process of designing a sheath and I will post when complete.

If you make the shovel a little longer and with a ball end, I will have to consider it as well. (The ball end makes it easier for me to use as a shorter handle digger and it is easier to yield if someone comes up to me causing problems, which has happened)

Last edited:

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if there was anyone here that worked with kydex. I'm curious to see what you come up with. I've got an idea for a kydex sheath that I think is pretty cool but since I've already got way too many projects going on, I would have to have someone make it for me. So, I pretty much put the idea out of my head.

I've owned a lot of digging tools and I must say that I am impressed with the quality and the design/build. I used to be a machinest/welder so I have a different eye when it comes to diessecting fabrication processes and I'm impressed with the design of how you had cut, bent, welded and then ground the edge AND welds. I just recently bent my second Lesche, while digging in roots, but I don't anticipate this one ever bending with normal use. I work with leather and Kydex so I am in the process of designing a sheath and I will post when complete.

If you make the shovel a little longer and with a ball end, I will have to consider it as well. (The ball end makes it easier for me to use as a shorter handle digger and it is easier to yield if someone comes up to me causing problems, which has happened)

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+
I made a rough prototype for a friend the other day, out of 316L Stainless again. It works really good but I want to modify the design over the next couple of weeks so that it's unique and doesn't look anything like other digging tools.

The price will be less that the other relic shovel type tools as well, and I have recently been doing some research. Though a few people had a hard time with the price, the Viking is actually mid-range price as a certain other well known company has something similar and is charging $80 for the so called deluxe version of the hand digger, The Viking being in the $55 range is actually a way better deal and also a superior product.

View attachment 1201797

I will take a better picture of this prototype later but it has a T handle at the top and a well devised weld (which can't be seen in this picture) The handle is 28 inches long so you don't have to bend all the way over to dig. And you can really put your weight onto the foot pad.

I'll probably come up with something that has 'south' facing serrations since you will be putting more weight into it when you step down, and I will try to make it as sleek, durable, aerodynamic, and starfighter-like as the Viking. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1202498

I would worry about how you attached the handle to the blade.
Looks like it would bend pretty easily. Think the handle needs to be extended through the blade step. Welded at both the step and into the inside / top of the blade.

Jeff

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a member of the "Viking" community I have to say... I am very impressed with the customer service I have been provided. I had been using my Viking for everything since getting it in the mail 2 weeks ago. It's easy to dig in the parks soft ground behind my house, have uncovered many neat little things, sadly no gold to date. Unfortunately my Nickname (By the GF) of THOR came into effect last weekend when somehow I bent my Viking like it was Butter. ***This is not to demote the product in any way!!! Kory has assured me that I will be taken care of and he will be making me a new model with slightly more exaggerated bends to assure stiffness. Honestly, I have no clue how it bent, ground was soft, no roots around and as I lifted the 4" plug it bent like a piece of spaghetti. Could have been a small flaw or imperfection in the steel mind you. Regardless of the fact, I love my tool, am excited for its replacement and will be for sure buying a tall stand up digger & Beach scoop if and when that time comes!

Thanks Kory for everything to date and keep it up!
(All my friends in the non MD scene think the Viking is beyond badass and I work with other tradesman)

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I made this sheath for my Viking today. First time have used green and I wasn't sure how it would work, but I'm glad it lightened up some. Now, I need to test drive the digger and sheath this weekend.

The brown sheath is one I made for a friend's Raptor. It was my first, so I've refined the design a little more.

20150825_123259.jpg

20150825_123230.jpg 20150825_130042.jpg

Last edited:

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice sheath! I am trying to find one at a Depot store that will fit my Viking and Pin pointer as I hate using my pockets...
I do like =)

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to agree on the handle attachment probably needing a little more contact area for weld strength but you have done a great job with plenty of potential. Very nice work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread