May 6, 2012
BC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Ironclad "Viking" Digger
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi everyone.

2015-09-07 12.12.04.jpg

A slightly longer and more pointed version is also now available with down facing saw-teeth. (The Ironclad Viking Mark II)
Mark II Viking on Ebay

And the relic-shovels are coming along nicely, I am still tweaking things but I will put some of the prototypes up for sale on my ebay shop soon too.

celtic fox

Nov 8, 2015
surrey uk
Detector(s) used
ctx3030 , deus lite , garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those are a nice looking digger

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone.

View attachment 1208889

A slightly longer and more pointed version is also now available with down facing saw-teeth. (The Ironclad Viking Mark II)
Mark II Viking on Ebay

And the relic-shovels are coming along nicely, I am still tweaking things but I will put some of the prototypes up for sale on my ebay shop soon too.
I think you've just crossed over from the "Digger" category and into the "Weapons" category. :laughing7:

Last edited:

denwag

Nov 8, 2015
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
V3i, CTX3030, AT Pro, Garrett Carrot, TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Evening. This is my First Post although I have been using your forum for about a month to learn this hobby. Thank you for all for the Valuable information. I learned about the "Viking" from this thread and purchased one. Just wanted to say that I made a Kydex holster for mine using 1/8" kydex and Chicago bolts purchased on ebay for under $25. Photo enclosed. Working with Kydex is very easy and you can make any custom sheaths for all of your digging tools. All you need is a Good heat gun, scroll saw, belt sander and some heavy 1" foam for clamping I made this one on my first try. Get on Youtube and watch about making custom kydex holsters
Thanks again for all of your help
20151024_094522.jpg

Last edited:

denwag

Nov 8, 2015
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks I also made one for my sod only "Leonard" digger much lighter and really is a very good tool for sod only and shallow digging

Attachments

• 20151114_114026.jpg
    20151114_114026.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 243

RGV_Digger

Dec 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plan on making any more soon?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

denwag

Nov 8, 2015
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really Not worth it to me. Buy the time I buy Kydex and rivets, Spend a hour laying out, forming, cutting away excess and sanding, then reheating and final fitting for retention I would have to ask 40.00 a piece and I'm sure that's two much for almost everybody. That Hour of my free time I could actually be out hunting for treasure and loot. Buy the time I go to work, and do the honeydo list around the house my free time is precious.

But really get on Youtube and search Kydex Sheaths. They are very easy to make and form just takes a little time.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love my new Ironclad Viking Mark II, very solid (and heavy!) tool. Can't wait to get it dirty once the ground thaws!

I bent my Fiskers after about one summer...I don't think this will bend!

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are these still available in other colors or just the yellow in the website.
Really wish it came with a sheath.... :-/

TxDigger2

Apr 26, 2017
Austin, Texas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Tejon, Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These look great, is Goldmoon still around? He hasn't been back here since last August...

TxDigger2

Apr 26, 2017
Austin, Texas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Tejon, Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If any of you are still looking for these I found him on ebay, however, it appears once he's made the sale good luck on getting any response. After a slight delay he did ship my digger and though it's built well he could spend a few minutes on smoothing out all the tooling/grinding marks on it. I spent about 20 minutes on my buffer trying to remove some of them. No big deal really, it is a digger, BUT, don't expect him to respond to you nor leave you good feedback in return. I've sent him several messages on there asking him to please leave me good feedback in return and he will not respond nor leave me feedback. May seem minor to some but that rubs me the wrong way, can't stand it when a seller or buyer won't reciprocate on feedback.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you go to his website storefront there is a message that he is in the midst of a city move and will not be up an running again until August 1st. So that may have something to do with his lack of responsiveness.

DarknessFalls

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2018
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an older thread but I’ve been wanting to buy one of these. I sent him a message through eBay where he is still active, inquiring about the Viking. I’ll update when I know more.

victhedog

Jun 24, 2008
Stroudsburg Monroe co. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Specra V3I, Whites Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If any of you are still looking for these I found him on ebay, however, it appears once he's made the sale good luck on getting any response. After a slight delay he did ship my digger and though it's built well he could spend a few minutes on smoothing out all the tooling/grinding marks on it. I spent about 20 minutes on my buffer trying to remove some of them. No big deal really, it is a digger, BUT, don't expect him to respond to you nor leave you good feedback in return. I've sent him several messages on there asking him to please leave me good feedback in return and he will not respond nor leave me feedback. May seem minor to some but that rubs me the wrong way, can't stand it when a seller or buyer won't reciprocate on feedback.
WoW got feedback with in a few hours - maybe your complaining didnt go over the right way

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an older thread but I’ve been wanting to buy one of these. I sent him a message through eBay where he is still active, inquiring about the Viking. I’ll update when I know more.

Please do. Thinking of getting a backup. best digging tool I've ever used.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread