JayBedigger69

Aug 6, 2016
Dania Beach FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 305, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys,

Just to let you know that I found on Ebay a salesman who has these amazing stainless steel scoops at a very reasonable price, they has like 7 or 8 different models, made in Ukraine, but let me tell you this things are really tough!
If anyone is interested in some pictures of the model I bought I'll be happy to post it.

Happy hunting!

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys,

Just to let you know that I found on Ebay a salesman who has these amazing stainless steel scoops at a very reasonable price, they has like 7 or 8 different models, made in Ukraine, but let me tell you this things are really tough!
If anyone is interested in some pictures of the model I bought I'll be happy to post it.

Happy hunting!
I would like to see the pic. I saw one from the Ukraine here on the west coast. The welds had several voids in them and had cracked in a month, hope yours is not from that batch.

OP
OP
JayBedigger69

JayBedigger69

Aug 6, 2016
Dania Beach FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the scoop, looks really strong! Haven tried yet, I'll let you guys know the performance.

Attachments

• 1470628313429.jpg
    1470628313429.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 333
  • 1470628332137.jpg
    1470628332137.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 357

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought mine from a guy in Ukraine off ebay a couple years back, probably the same guy.

Mine looks to be a bit pointier, has stood up well to some rough digging. I rigged mine up with a home depot rake handle cut to about 3.5 ft then wrapped some pipe insulation around it, it actually floats now but just barely, handy not to have to drag it around but makes it harder to put it horizontal to look in the basket.

OP
OP
JayBedigger69

JayBedigger69

Aug 6, 2016
Dania Beach FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll let some other pictures of the scoop, he showed me like 6 or 7 more models even biggers but every single one looks rock solid.

Attachments

• 1470642204583.jpg
    1470642204583.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 282
  • 1470642224916.jpg
    1470642224916.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 263
  • 1470642238655.jpg
    1470642238655.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 277

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'll let some other pictures of the scoop, he showed me like 6 or 7 more models even biggers but every single one looks rock solid.

It seems the Ukraine is a really good country as far as detecting and treasure hunting goes. Nel coils come from there, the same guy also makes the only waterproof housing for Garrett Ace machines worldwide (got myself one of them just a week ago, works just fine and makes the Ace 350 a fully capabale water machine), I have also seen these scoops and they appear to be really well made. Just take not that it will take three weeks or so to get what you order, but so far it's been worth the wait for me.

OP
OP
JayBedigger69

JayBedigger69

Aug 6, 2016
Dania Beach FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems the Ukraine is a really good country as far as detecting and treasure hunting goes. Nel coils come from there, the same guy also makes the only waterproof housing for Garrett Ace machines worldwide (got myself one of them just a week ago, works just fine and makes the Ace 350 a fully capabale water machine), I have also seen these scoops and they appear to be really well made. Just take not that it will take three weeks or so to get what you order, but so far it's been worth the wait for me.

Excellent buddy but let me tell you, this guy has the scoops here in Florida and I was really lucky because I live in Dania Beach and the guy seems to live in Hollywood area, that's like 10 minutes away and I pay the scoop on Ebay and in a matter of 20 minutes I got an email from him to let me know that he would be able to deliver it right away, so I got the scoop in less than an hour.

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Excellent buddy but let me tell you, this guy has the scoops here in Florida and I was really lucky because I live in Dania Beach and the guy seems to live in Hollywood area, that's like 10 minutes away and I pay the scoop on Ebay and in a matter of 20 minutes I got an email from him to let me know that he would be able to deliver it right away, so I got the scoop in less than an hour.

That's great.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is my scoop, probably from the same Ukraine guy.

Between the wood handle and the foam pipe insulation it actually is buoyant, just barely. Orange paint obviously is for better visibility, even in murky water I can see it.

Attachments

• IMG_1570.JPG
    IMG_1570.JPG
    393 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_1571.JPG
    IMG_1571.JPG
    341.9 KB · Views: 301
OP
OP
JayBedigger69

JayBedigger69

Aug 6, 2016
Dania Beach FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely is one of the models he showed me! How does it performs? Is it as strong as its looks?

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Performs supertastic - I think the wood handle would break before the stainless buckles any. I've dug everything from soft sand to wet sand to packed clay and its barely scratched much less deformed any, IMO on the same level or better than the premium [and more expensive] domestic produced models.

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Performs supertastic - I think the wood handle would break before the stainless buckles any. I've dug everything from soft sand to wet sand to packed clay and its barely scratched much less deformed any, IMO on the same level or better than the premium [and more expensive] domestic produced models.

I love the idea of painting the tip orange, how haven't I thought about that! Now to find a spray paint that is tough enough to survive a while.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This coat hasn't been on long so I'm not sure how long it will last, guess that would depend alot on usage. I gave it 3 coats so it should last a while, but its bound to deteriorate over time.

I also paint a black stripe at the top of the pole in line with the tip of the scoop so I can easily tell which way it is oriented at a glance.

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
This coat hasn't been on long so I'm not sure how long it will last, guess that would depend alot on usage. I gave it 3 coats so it should last a while, but its bound to deteriorate over time.

I also paint a black stripe at the top of the pole in line with the tip of the scoop so I can easily tell which way it is oriented at a glance.

I must say, that is just clever and I will steel (haah) that idea.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Every little bit helps when you are chest deep, before the paint I had to bring the scoop up almost to the surface to tell which way it was pointed.

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Every little bit helps when you are chest deep, before the paint I had to bring the scoop up almost to the surface to tell which way it was pointed.

I have one of these 90 degree handles on the long handle, that works great for allignment.

OP
OP
JayBedigger69

JayBedigger69

Aug 6, 2016
Dania Beach FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20160810_171529.jpg

Here is my setup, a 60" long rake wooden handle covered on Plasti Dip.

Just put the first layer, tomorrow will do the second and probably fix a magnet to the tip

jhittle

Jun 7, 2016
Vancouver WA
Detector(s) used
â—„ Minelab CTX 3030
â—„ XP Deus
â—„ Minelab Equinox 800
â—„ Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear, as i recently ordered several from him and am waiting for them to arrive :)

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not liking the odds of a magnet on the tip lasting very long in the field

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get a magnet with the hole in it and bolt it in place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread