Minelab go find 60, Garrett Ace 250, or Fisher F22

mr.theman

Aug 29, 2006
McAlester, OK
I'm wanting to get my 12yo son s machine for Christmas but I can't decide which one to pull the trigger on.

Garrett Ace 250: the same machine I started with back in the day. Found lots of stuff with it before I sold it to upgrade to an AT Pro. I know how to run it so that's a plus.

Minelab Go-Find 60: really liking the compact design on this one. Also the controls look easy to use. Seeing mixed reviews on durability and performance.

Fisher F-22: know nothing about this machine other than decent reviews and it fits in my budget.

Figured I would look to the experts here for some guidance. Which one would you chose and why? Also are there any others I should be looking at?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the F22 would be my choice. Im no expert, but have a lot of hours on a bounty hunter and F75. The Go Pro im told is more ornamental than a working detector. The ACE 250 is comparable to the bounty hunter. Just my thoughts. Any of these would be a good choice.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the F22 would be my choice. Im no expert, but have a lot of hours on a bounty hunter and F75. The Go Pro im told is more ornamental than a working detector. The ACE 250 is comparable to the bounty hunter. Just my thoughts. Any of these would be a good choice.

+1 the 22 would be my choice also

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Look at the Teknetics Eurotek Pro for comparison. Very easy to operate and he will never outgrow it. It's also a First Texas product like the F22.
I looked at the F22 and do recommend the F22 as a great detector for your son.
Best of luck!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread