Road tearout in historic neighborhood

mark v

Mar 10, 2006
S.W. Pa.
Detector(s) used
Deus, CTX
IAnother thing you could maybe do is be consipicious in your set up before you hunt. Stand in plain view of the Sherriff's office while getting your tools laid out, belt loops, batteries, hat, etc. Give them the opportunity to ask what you are doing before you step foot into the construction area so that if they say you can't, all you've done is loiter. :D

I agree.

Coinhawk

Feb 11, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So there is a partial tearout of a road in a historic district in my town. My first thought was: Im there first thing sunday morning!

This was 3 Sundays ago. I'm curious to find out if you ended up going through with it or just looked for greener pastures (literally and metaphorically). I'd love to see what you pulled if you did. :)

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
..I would have gotten permission from the sheriff's department since it is so close....and that would remove the nagging feeling that someone is looking over your shoulder.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Still in jail?

Wondering what happened?

BFR

Let's start an office bet pool. I'll start with $20 that says he's not in jail. Any takers to bet against me ? :tongue3:

OP
OP
T

TampaTroy

Feb 3, 2014
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATpro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not in jail. Just otherwise occupied for awhile.
There must have been some high voltage wires in the ground because the detector went nuts and I couldn't sort it out. I left after 10 minutes. No cops came by. They were probably too busy waking up the vagrants to bother with me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread