"US" Belt Buckle and SILVER!

Nov 19, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I found my first silver coin since July! It is my first Mercury Dime and it is a beauty! I also found a Civil War US Belt Buckle, and a 3 Ringer! All of this came from the same park as the 1787 Connecticut Copper and the 1809 Half Cent. I was so excited when I found all of these.

20141220_195655.jpg

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find! would like to see back of buckle, I found one this summer and it was a cartrage case plate wictch goes on a leather cartrage case....the face is flat with the raised outline and the back is lead with the hooks that went throuth the leather. still a great find! I find that most of the civil war era items are around 10 to 12 inches below surface in n.e. PA

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry the video wasn't on your post when I replyed, so I didn't see back! very nice finds....cudos

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a awesome US buckle! Congrats also on your first Merc.

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm not trying to be a jerk but those plugs are horrible. Please try to dig better ones if you are at a public place. That first one just looked like you dug a hole but no plug. Take a towel with you to put the loose dirt on so when you fill the hole back up you can't tell you dug a bunch of dirt. Nice finds by the way. Please don't think I'm putting you down, because I'm not trying to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread