This is the most fake video I have ever seen!!

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
That is the one thing that keeps Haunting Me.

They talk about how nice some of the coins are Condition wise,
But rub them like they have absolutely no connection to them at all.

They look real, If they came from their Collection, You would think They would be more Careful.
Same with if they Borrowed them.

Only things that come to mind Is they really found them & have no clue, as to what they are doing.

Or they are all professional grade Copies. right down to actual Content.
But that is usually only done for rare dates.
& they would have the word Copy stamped on them Somewhere.

Other option they were Stolen & they are Creating an Alibi
along with altering the coins enough to Prevent ID.

as I said, Bragging how Fantastic they look While Rubbing Them ?

They knew enough to name the Spanish coins. I'd not have known right on the spot without Google, but I do know one should handle anything old and in good condition with a bit more care to ensure maximum value.

I suspect they are stolen, perhaps not by them, and this video is possibly an alibi of sorts. Perhaps a 'how I came into possesion' video as an explaination.

I would imagine one gold coin is more than the detector, so pick one up and grab the phone for an easy video. He'll need to explain to a buyer why these coins are in possesion of a man who can identify the coins yet fails to identify with good personal hygine.

Would be interesting to know the location of discovery to county level. Then look at crime statistics of said county.

I imagine myself in his shoes, yeah, I'm not sticking my bare hands into an old can of anything! I don't care what the label says.

Perhaps I'm completely wrong, but my gut says something isn't right.

OP
OP
joeyfresh

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed the same thing. I would guess that he is deleting the negative comments. Even videos of kittens get negative comments on YouTube... so there is no way, not a single person didn't call them out.

Yep, I sarcastically stated that the video looked believable and it got deleted

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, I sarcastically stated that the video looked believable and it got deleted

Hahaha. As I thought! I noticed it said 99 comments and when I looked later in the day it said 95 comments. I'm sure it's getting way more negative comments than people stroking his ego. It'll only fool those who know nothing about metal detecting... anyone who's dug a few holes knows how stuff comes out of the dirt.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see Vino is making videos now.

My Mind Wondered also :laughing7:

They knew enough to name the Spanish coins. I'd not have known right on the spot without Google, but I do know one should handle anything old and in good condition with a bit more care to ensure maximum value.

I suspect they are stolen, perhaps not by them, and this video is possibly an alibi of sorts. Perhaps a 'how I came into possesion' video as an explaination.

I would imagine one gold coin is more than the detector, so pick one up and grab the phone for an easy video. He'll need to explain to a buyer why these coins are in possesion of a man who can identify the coins yet fails to identify with good personal hygine.

Would be interesting to know the location of discovery to county level. Then look at crime statistics of said county.

I imagine myself in his shoes, yeah, I'm not sticking my bare hands into an old can of anything! I don't care what the label says.

Perhaps I'm completely wrong, but my gut says something isn't right.

in all Honesty, I can't absolutely say I wouldn't have rubbed them.
If I had found them, I would not have had a Big Connection with them,
And I would have been beside Myself.

I would have dumped the can & grabbed all the coins out the mix and found water to wash them off . probably simultaneously. not one at a time.

in any event the video would have been a video of the coins, can and location and me bragging like a school girl after her first kiss :laughing7:

imo there was too much patience there also.
add the appearance of knowledge there was more in the can.

as far as Ragging on his Dirty Fingernails ?
you people scare me :laughing7: don't you's ever dig in the ground ?
or do you go for a Professional cleaning and Manicure,
after every time you touch the ground ?
He is a Man, not Little miss goody two shoes.
Mine may not get the chance to grow, But
there is plenty of dirt under my nails, when I'm out digging :tongue3:
in my opinion , not being afraid of dirt helps prevent
the immune system from going into shock over every tiny
alien thingamajig crawling around in the earth.
actually I think I'm a dirt magnet & Can't throw stones there :laughing7:
a new white Tee shirts on me stays clean 60 seconds if I don't move or breathe
index.jpg
don't ever expect me to dress to impress. Not even at a wedding or funeral.
I yam what I yam : "comfortable being me"

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry but those fingernails are downright scary looking, dirt or no dirt. It's one thing to forget to cut your nails for a few days, it's another to let them to grow out to Ancient Chinese wealthy man size. When you aren't Chinese and you are working in the field, lol. Video is a complete fake. Participants aren't the brightest bulbs in the box, obviously.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, dirty nails I have no issue with because I work with my hands. I also keep them trimmed for safety and health. Letting them grow as long as his thumb nail was... repulsive.

I can't help but think what I say to my own son when his nails need cut: what do you think you are, a man, woman, or beast?

The only men I've ever met who grow nails like that fall into a few catagories. Drug addicts/dealers, prisoners, and general dirt balls....and now I'm reminded of ancient Chinese wealthy men. :laughing7:

It would be better for him if his nails were fake too.

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is the one thing that keeps Haunting Me.

They talk about how nice some of the coins are Condition wise,
But rub them like they have absolutely no connection to them at all.

They look real, If they came from their Collection, You would think They would be more Careful.
Same with if they Borrowed them.

Only things that come to mind Is they really found them & have no clue, as to what they are doing.

Or they are all professional grade Copies. right down to actual Content.
But that is usually only done for rare dates.
& they would have the word Copy stamped on them Somewhere.

Other option they were Stolen & they are Creating an Alibi
along with altering the coins enough to Prevent ID.

as I said, Bragging how Fantastic they look While Rubbing Them ?

Some are real, but I think some are fake! Watch from minute 10-10:30 when he pulls out the Spanish Gold 8 Escudos. He says he doesn't know what it is, but then he says Josh told him it's a "eight escudos".... Yet he JUST pulled it out of the can seconds before!!! Also, watch how easily it slips in his hand... It looks light as aluminum, yet it it were gold that size, it would be heavy... Then listen to the sound it makes when he drops it on the tailgate. It sounds like a piece of light aluminum and not heavy gold. Ha. Not sure why I've wasted time examining this video, but perhaps it's just so horrible, it's entertaining. Haha

OP
OP
joeyfresh

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I can't get over is the moron who made this thread titled it with the phrase "most fake video".....obviously not an English major!

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I can't get over is the moron who made this thread titled it with the phrase "most fake video".....obviously not an English major!

Well...it gets to the point. Who knows, the phrase may catch on like "My bad" or as they say in the south "He got gone. Bless the OP's heart.

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah gonna have night mares about those fingernails. He has a strange mix of the knowledge of the coins. The one that got me was the three cent nickel. He knew it was nickel right away. My thought on the coins was it seems to be a strange collection of coins, but all seem to be investment grade. I think, if a real find, that someone buried them alot more recent than 70 years ago on purpose. Maybe an older gentleman that had an older can in the garage. I've been places, like shops and garages, that had cans from days long gone by and still looked new. Just a thought.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah gonna have night mares about those fingernails. He has a strange mix of the knowledge of the coins. The one that got me was the three cent nickel. He knew it was nickel right away. My thought on the coins was it seems to be a strange collection of coins, but all seem to be investment grade. I think, if a real find, that someone buried them alot more recent than 70 years ago on purpose. Maybe an older gentleman that had an older can in the garage. I've been places, like shops and garages, that had cans from days long gone by and still looked new. Just a thought.

Yes & he acted confused on what the Cache Coin was.
But yet when he Pulled the Escudo he said right away what it was and how his friend told him what it was.
yet he just Supposedly pulled it out & wiped it off . So how could his friend have I.D.'d that already
and if it was a reenactment , his friend should have told him what they all were .

So many holes , not that matter. The dig that just happened to be on Film
And the condition of the can already says it all.

of course the Friend who told him that was an Escudos may have been the one who buried it in front of him. or at least to his Knowledge & Recently Died.
& this guy just conveniently left the details out

Last edited:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
More thoughts...

The video description reads like an advertisement for "BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND".

Selective editing....heavily cut up. Why?

We didn't even hear if the machine had batteries in it.

Why a teaser video anyway? To build excitement while completing the editing. One needs to attempt to edit out all evidence of deception, and that takes time.

Show us the unedited video or it's all fake BS!

LET'S SEE WHAT WAS CUT!

I do agree with the camera man, "Those sure are purdy".

Last edited:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The most amazing thing of all y'all is this guy's X-Ray vision to see what's under the ground before he even lifts the flap of grass up! :laughing7:

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
So we are guessing this was buried in 1946? Even if that is the case, why these particular coins? Why isnt there period coins in there? Why isnt there a ton of half dollars? Three possible scenarios come to mind:

They are stolen and this is an alibi video.

They are coin dealers showing off to get sales.

They are being paid by an advertiser to fake this find and drum up business.

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Every "big name" detectorist was sharing this around Facebook too. You should see some of the idiots who run these groups.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread