Cailf./San Marcos Pass/3 Finger Jack/Lost Padre Mine

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
1-Lone bandit held up stage,retrieved well fargo box,and jewlery from passangers,buried everything near the top of San marcos Pass ,was killed by possey.Wells Fargo box contained $30,000.gold.

2-3 fingers rode with Joaquin Murietta ,hid many stashes in Muritta cyn,not far from the road,near Wheeler Hot Springs.

3-Old Spanish Gold mines were worked by the Padres in the mountains behind fort Tejon.San Emedio and Sandiego cyns,a good place to look.

Ref.-book,by Frank Fish,Buried Treasure &Lost Mines,

Oh and the Dutchman said his partner Wiser had been killed in a Indian attack,
and that the shaft in his mine went down a 18 inch vein of rose quartz which was studded with pin head nuggets of gold,with beside it a three inch hanging wall of hematite quartz that was in itself about 1/3 pure gold.
Goodnight and good luck

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Frank Fish! Have you seen his map to the Superstitions? It's great :)

OP
OP
G

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
Imformation on the Dutchman,came from a Barry Storm book,now have you seen his maps of the Supers.," mucho betta".

tapoutking

Jun 27, 2007
Simi Valley California
I have actually been planning a trip up to check out the saan Marcos pass. I don;t live far from there and am just waiting to buy the new RV trailer. :)

I am also going to check out the sespe creek area.

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
I've read so many Lost Dutchman stories it's mind boggling. One standard is that Jacob Weiser, Waltz's partner was wounded in an attack by Apaches and later died of his wounds. Other than that, I have heard different descriptions of the Dutchman's deathbed confession.

One was that it was a small conical pit burrowed into the side of a hill.

another was that the mine could be found at the spot where the shadow of the tip of Weaver's Needle rests at four in the afternoon. And that it also in or near a canyon, facing west.

Another was that it was a standard shaped mine so abundant that you could pick gold up off the ground.

What I do know for certain is that Weiser did find gold. That he did murder several people to protect his mine. And that he was delirious when he died.

You decide what is true.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bill,
You can prove the story about Waltz's partner? If so I'm highly interested. Name the time and place and I'll be there.

OP
OP
G

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
for-djui5, one thing I have always noticied about your posts is that you gather imformation,but you never put out any on the table yourself, another words you are a taker only,why is that ?,what imfo do you have on the Supers. that you are afraid to share,who else on this board are you allied with?what is your greedy objective,GOLD,I say share what you have imformation wise,or dont post.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Djui5:
SORRY! :'(
About a yr or 2 ago, I "posted" an invitation, while I was in Gilbert, to take anyone to see that actual information
("Take anyone"<<<Because, I had no intention of using it myself)
IF!
They would pay for the "Gas and Lunch" ::) (maybe ,a 1/2 a day trip, to complete the whole thing)
Never had even One Reply!
SO!
I'm going to be "One Greedy Devil" 8) and keep it to myself !
"Doc" & I will, have time to check it, both the info & the actual location, on this yr's trip!
After which I will post all of the information and what happened!
W/Photos YET! ???

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ghostdog said:
for-djui5, one thing I have always noticied about your posts is that you gather imformation,but you never put out any on the table yourself, another words you are a taker only,why is that ?,what imfo do you have on the Supers. that you are afraid to share,who else on this board are you allied with?what is your greedy objective,GOLD,I say share what you have imformation wise,or dont post.

I think you've got the wrong impression my friend. I co-organized the Lost Dutch Hunters Rendezvous this year. I've got posts on other forums adding a lot. Feel free to search my posts if you'd like. There are things I don't like to talk about, and other things I do. I don't post a lot on this site anymore, so I believe you've just got the wrong impression about me:

The Rendezvous:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,103247.0.html

Also, I wrote this article about Ruth, if you'd like to read it:
http://www.thelostdutchman.net/searcherscluesmaps.html

Bill,
I look forward to it. Told you before I'd go with you downtown to see anything. I'm not the only person interested in this kinda information. Guess our paths didn't cross properly?

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Randy !
Fur sure! :o
Your last name is "Wright"? ;)
'cus even'n it is,
We'all may be related ! ::)
Sur en'ofh
My Middle name is "Wright" ! ;D
The family is from:
From Southern Indiana, No. Tenn/Kentuck !
Got any "Crittenden" or "Spurlings" in there ?

OP
OP
G

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
djui5 said:
ghostdog said:

I think you've got the wrong impression my friend. I co-organized the Lost Dutch Hunters Rendezvous this year. I've got posts on other forums adding a lot. Feel free to search my posts if you'd like. There are things I don't like to talk about, and other things I do. I don't post a lot on this site anymore, so I believe you've just got the wrong impression about me:

The Rendezvous:

Bill,
I look forward to it. Told you before I'd go with you downtown to see anything. I'm not the only person interested in this kinda information. Guess our paths didn't cross properly?
djui5 said:
ghostdog said:

The Rendezvous:

{Ok I stand corrected, best to you,ghostdog}

Bill,

dustcap

Apr 1, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, Minelab Sovereign XS 2 Pro and Fisher 2 box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cptbil said:
Djui5:
SORRY! :'(
About a yr or 2 ago, I "posted" an invitation, while I was in Gilbert, to take anyone to see that actual information
("Take anyone"<<<Because, I had no intention of using it myself)
IF!
They would pay for the "Gas and Lunch" ::) (maybe ,a 1/2 a day trip, to complete the whole thing)
Never had even One Reply!
SO!
I'm going to be "One Greedy Devil" 8) and keep it to myself !
"Doc" & I will, have time to check it, both the info & the actual location, on this yr's trip!
After which I will post all of the information and what happened!
W/Photos YET! ???

CptBil-
I remember reading that post only problem was I never knew when you were coming by. If you recall I offered to buy a burger for your dog also and you said something about ONE would never do! Now if you were to extend that offer again I sure would like to join up with you and Randy any time, any place.

So far I have answered most of the 100 clues posted on another website. I have them printed up and will bring them to the mtg.

I am planning another trip into the Supers (my fourth attempt to reach what is my belief as to where "X marks the spot") as soon as the weather warms a little. There is no trail so the traveling in rather rough.

Haven't heard any more about the Hurricane Cliffs area. Any thing brewing?

I met Randy at the Lost Dutch Hunters Rendezvous this year. He took me and Cubfan64 to the mine shaft by the trailhead. I was hoping to meet you there also. Looking forward to meeting you both with or without trading any "secret" info.

ghostdog-
Don't be to hasty to judge people by what they don't do. Randy "djui5" is one of the good guys. Hope to see you next year at the Lost Dutch Hunters Rendezvous, if there is one.

dustcap - Ken Chichester

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
dustcap:
BOY!
:-[ How embarrasssing! :-[
Yes!
Now that you mention that, I do remember!
side note:
What I, meant by, "One will never do "
Is:
"Bugs"
Is my 125 lb., "Red Bone" (a type of Blood Hound) :o

He thinks that his second job in life is to eat all the food he can get!
He has been known to eat 7 of the large, 22 oz , cans of dog food in one sitting !
That's 7 x 22 ..... Or! 154 oz ... almost 10 lbs !
He's a real "gutton" !
Admittedly, I "over feed" him that time ! ;D
I just wanted to see if there was a limit !
Nope!

I think he would have gone for more! :-\

When we're on the road, he'll eat "5" of McDonald's "cheepie" burgers and then try to eat mine too!
HE'S! an Animal! ;D

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I thought you did. Didn't you say you knew where documents were downtown proving the existence of Waltz's partner? Might have been from the previous conversation where you said you know of documents proving where the LDM was or something like that. Maybe my memory is just fuzzy. Happens a lot :)

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Maybe not! "fuzzy" ::)
Just forgetful...
I sure! Get that way sometimes! :'(
But!
I didn't mention where the proof is ....
But !
It is "there!" , a "verified" and "Public" record of it !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread