Lost Dahlonega Gold Coin Cache!

Z

ZumbroKid

Lost Dahlonega Gold Coin Cache!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cherokee county, Georgia: has the only reported, still unrecovered cache of Dahlonega gold coins, i have run across in my treasure sites project.
A wealthy lumberman secreted a cache of rare Dahlonega Mint gold coins in the area of his home near the Shiloh Church close to the Forsyth county line. The cache of 1850’s coins were never recovered after his death.
Maybe someone close to the location can look into it. Happy Hunting! ;)

Heavy Chevy

Jun 18, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and others
Hey Free,

Have you thought about going to search for this cache yourself so you can have other Dahlonega gold coins to brag about ?

Just curious. Maybe i will go so i can brag about finding one. LOL

Mike in SC

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

No, i posted this one so folks have no excuses for my being the only one to ever find one. Good luck hunting for it. I bet it is only 2 feet under ground, in easy reach for the original owner.

shellback

Sep 19, 2006
Free;
Is there a story about this anywhere you know of?, how did you hear about it?

shellback

Old Prospector

Feb 17, 2005
8)Hello Free2Dtect... The story you are referring to was printed in a book called
"Georgia's Fabulous Treasure Hoards". I located the property years
ago. From people in the area I learned the property was owned (at that time) by a
woman and her son. They had posted/no trespassing signs as thick as fleas on a
coon dog on the sides of the property. The house is gone. There was no good
indication of where the coins may have been hidden; my guess is, the coins are not
there any longer. Since my visit, the area has become a gold mine for developers
building large/expensive houses. This property may be part of one of the developments
by now. The area, in Cherokee County, is full of interesting stories; one is a cave
full of Cherokee Indian gold. Have fun detecting.
Old Prospector said that.....

J

jhunter

I LIVE RIGHT NEXT TO CHEROKEE!DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA AROUND WHAT PART IT WOULD BE? ???

H

HAVE DETECTOR WILL TRAVEL

thxs for the tip. i live too close to there not to look. anyone want to join me?

shellback

Sep 19, 2006
I know where that cave is!!! Im outta here see ya........................................................................................................................................................................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions