dents run treasure

kudo623

Jun 24, 2011
Quakertown PA
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500 2BOX
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
There's been a lot of rumors floating around out there as to where the gold is. There was a rumor that the US Government reopened the case in the 60's or 70's, so if this is true it says that they are still looking for it and in this area of Dents Run. Finderskeepers believes they know where the gold is buried and are trying to get the state to dig it up. In previous comments sgtfda noted that gold is being shaved and sold to a jeweler in the area.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Kudo, Its hard to get to the truth on this lost gold story. But we haven't given up and things are moving forward and we got new info that could bring on a dig this summer. The fight we have with DCNR is more about who has the rights to the gold. DCNR wants us to sign off on anything found at the site and give it all to the Museum Commissoners . Ya, no reward:laughing7:. So it sits. They can't dig and we can't dig so its a stand off. The lawers get rich and we get nothing. We just sign a 3 year contract with the History Channel to do a hunt down south for the Lost Civil War Gold from Richmond Va. The History Channel wants to do a show on Dents Run and we are waiting for them to set a date. After dealing with DCNR for 9 years, I would not tell them anything you found or where you are hunting. In our case this find is just to big and the Feds will track it down if someone takes it. Ya it sucks but we hope for a happy ending.

There's been a lot of rumors floating around out there as to where the gold is. There was a rumor that the US Government reopened the case in the 60's or 70's, so if this is true it says that they are still looking for it and in this area of Dents Run. Finderskeepers believes they know where the gold is buried and are trying to get the state to dig it up. In previous comments sgtfda noted that gold is being shaved and sold to a jeweler in the area.

kudo623

Jun 24, 2011
Quakertown PA
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500 2BOX
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yeah, that gold is not headed to any museum, that's for darn sure. The Fed's will snatch that right up, they don't like anyone 'stealing' what rightfully belongs to them. People go to jail for that. 10% finders fee would translate into megabucks if its all there, but maybe that's a state law and not Federal? Which means if the Feds come in they could take it all anyway? But a History Channel recreation of this story I think could be a big deal for your business?

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure if the Feds have any claim to this find if it turns out to be the Lost Civil War Gold. There are 3 kinds of lost treasure laws and this one falls under abandon treasure law. If this is the case the finder gets it all. After all the Gov. and DCNR say this never happen. All records on this have been removed and the Army says it never happen. There is no reward and they say they are not looking for it. So its ABANDON TREASURE. The finder must have the treasure in hand but DCNR will not allow a dig. If we dig we could loose any chance of reward and DCNR could get it all. We had a deal with DCNR in 2005 that if we prove anything of value was there they would have it dug up. We did our part and they backed out of the deal. Time will tell.

Yeah, that gold is not headed to any museum, that's for darn sure. The Fed's will snatch that right up, they don't like anyone 'stealing' what rightfully belongs to them. People go to jail for that. 10% finders fee would translate into megabucks if its all there, but maybe that's a state law and not Federal? Which means if the Feds come in they could take it all anyway? But a History Channel recreation of this story I think could be a big deal for your business?

kudo623

Jun 24, 2011
Quakertown PA
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500 2BOX
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Agreed, but one has to worry about the Fed's who can reach above this law. In my opinion, the mint mark on the gold would bring in the Fed's like flies on honey and they will confiscate that gold before the DCNR and museum curators even get a chance to touch it. They can prove that the gold is the property of the FED. In my opinion the FED's are just waiting and chomping on the bit to have you do all that work and relinquish your rights to it and have it dug up just so that they can swoop down and load it into an armored vehicle by agents with guns. The DCNR will look foolish to have made any kind of binding contract with you and the museum at the state level. In my opinion it might be better to use the DCNR as much as you can, have the History channel and CNN in there to cover it, get it dug up and then get some long awaited publicity. If the FED's confiscate it who can do anything about it? But you will get the media exposure, and all those 9 years should pay you some dividends in unearthing and rewriting history.

I am not sure if the Feds have any claim to this find if it turns out to be the Lost Civil War Gold. There are 3 kinds of lost treasure laws and this one falls under abandon treasure law. If this is the case the finder gets it all. After all the Gov. and DCNR say this never happen. All records on this have been removed and the Army says it never happen. There is no reward and they say they are not looking for it. So its ABANDON TREASURE. The finder must have the treasure in hand but DCNR will not allow a dig. If we dig we could loose any chance of reward and DCNR could get it all. We had a deal with DCNR in 2005 that if we prove anything of value was there they would have it dug up. We did our part and they backed out of the deal. Time will tell.

rock_hound

Tenderfoot
Nov 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is an interesting version of both stories that were talked about in this thread..... and Dennis, if you need a hand, I'm right here in Harford County Maryland!
Lost Treasure ........-about Black Beard's treasure
Gold ingots ........-the Lost Dent's Run Gold

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is an interesting version of both stories that were talked about in this thread..... and Dennis, if you need a hand, I'm right here in Harford County Maryland!
Lost Treasure ........-about Black Beard's treasure
Gold ingots ........-the Lost Dent's Run Gold
Hi Rock Hound, The Black Beard treasure may have been located this year. We been looking for the 7 1/2 tons of silver for 7 years and we believe we located the 5 wagons in a trench in Emporium Pa. For years we searched the entire area about 1 1/2 mile north of the wagon site and 1 1/2 mile south of the site with no luck. But last year we located a large amount of silver bars ( still in the ground ) but its not in Emporium its about 15 miles away. Could the Indians have moved this amount of silver with out wagons ? Did they watch Black Beard bury the silver then they removed it all. Some day we will know this site is on DCNR land to.
We been back to work at Dents Run and we plan to do some historical research there through out the winter. On Nov 4 , 2014 it will be 10 years we been doing work and research at this site. I am ready for 10 more years if thats what it takes to get the government to allow a dig.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We just got a letter from DCNR telling us to vacate Dents Run in 10 days or legal action will start again. We told them we plan to stay. So this site could get busy again. A lot has happen in the past year and I may tell what I know. I am sure this will end up in Federal Court this time.

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finder keeper
How did you make out with the Delaware river ship?

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ship was saved from the work done in the river. From the info I got I do not believe this ship was from the Templar Period so we pulled out. There are a lot of ship wrecks in that area from the 1800's and things just didn't line up for us to invest any more time and money. I like working on LAND, NOT GOOD IN WATER.

Finder keeper
How did you make out with the Delaware river ship?

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus; Minelab Excalibur 1000
Does anyone have a copy of sgtfda's map? I seem to have misplaced mine and was trying to find it for a friend. If so, please send me a pm.

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus; Minelab Excalibur 1000
I don't forget anyone that helps me out! Of course, I'm thinking if you didn't find it, I probably don't stand a chance of finding it either (unless by dumb luck, which does occasionally happen).

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DCNR Letter 002.jpg
We just got a letter from DCNR telling us to vacate Dents Run in 10 days or legal action will start again. We told them we plan to stay. So this site could get busy again. A lot has happen in the past year and I may tell what I know. I am sure this will end up in Federal Court this time.

OK last year DCNR sent us a letter for us to stay away from the Dents Run site or legal action will start :dontknow: well we been back to the site 2 times and nothing from them yet :hello2:. We plan to work at this site all summer when we can, its our Legal right and no DCNR agent will keep us from this site by telling lies. We are not doing anything wrong its DCNR that has broken the laws and its time to pay. YA bring it on DCNR we are ready:occasion14:

Last edited:

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep a eye on this post things may start again , this site at Dents Run is just getting started.:occasion14:

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any new news?
Nothing I can talk about yet:BangHead: . We keep getting new info from people that want to help us bring this hunt to an end and it takes time to hunt down the truth before we go public. The gold may of come from down south and we are working with some people trying to get to the truth. I have many other sites we are trying to get dug up, from Pa. up to Nova Scotia and down in Florida and Va. The Dents Run site was our first treasure site in Pa. and we want to see how the state laws treat us before we show DCNR some other sites we located in Pa. If we get nothing for our research and finds then DCNR will never know the locations or what's at the other sites.
We are still working at the Dents Run site . Just found out there is a Dents Run River just a few miles away from the spot the wagon train left from in West Virginia :icon_scratch: then we have a Dents Run River were it stopped :icon_scratch:.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dents_Run_Covered_Bridge http://tomrizzo.com/the-lost-gold-of-dents-run/

Last edited:

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WE are done with our research and we will be going public with our info in 30 days. :hello2: Its time to bring this hunt to a end and get it dug up.:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread