Gold Bars and Coins
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Gold Bars and Coins

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Dec 2003
    Porter Township, Western Schuylkill County, Pa.
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    42573 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Gold Bars and Coins

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz2.jpg 
Views:	1025 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	117208  

Mar 2007
    Rawlins Wyoming
    1 times

Re: Gold Bars and Coins

I am in Wyoming and wonder if you have anymore info about this?

Thanks!

jeff of pa likes this.

hu
    Gypsyheart~ Queen of Rust

Nov 2005
    Ozarks
    306 times

Here is a tip when hunting this treasure.......Do not ,I repeat....Do not discriminate out Iron....
    jeff of pa likes this.
    I go a great distance,while some are considering whether they will start today or tomorrow

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    White's IDX Pro, Vibraprobe 570, Minelab Explorer XS w/ Sunray X-1 Probe & Sunray Stealth X-12 DD Coil
    176 times
    History, Metal Detecting, and Survival & Self-Sufficiency

Jeff...
    So do you only have some of the pages and stories ripped from the pages of that book? I've got the actual book if you need anything scanned. Just wondering...

Bran <><
    jeff of pa likes this.
    Rom. 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Rom. 10:10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Dec 2003
    Porter Township, Western Schuylkill County, Pa.
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    42573 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by godisnum1
    Jeff...
    So do you only have some of the pages and stories ripped from the pages of that book? I've got the actual book if you need anything scanned. Just wondering...

Bran <><
    I don't need anything from it, But maby someone elae will.

Thanks !

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    White's IDX Pro, Vibraprobe 570, Minelab Explorer XS w/ Sunray X-1 Probe & Sunray Stealth X-12 DD Coil
    176 times

No problem... just thought I'd offer. Good point though!

Bran <><
    jeff of pa likes this.
    Rom. 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Rom. 10:10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    176 times

Chuicat,
    Sorry, I don't have anymore information for you on that particular story. That's all that was noted in my book. I'm sure you already have it, but here's the link for state treasures throughout the U.S.
    http://www.coinworld.com/NewCollecto...Treasures4.asp
    Your state is listed at the bottom of the page. If anything, it may give you some good resources to research the plausibility of the different stories... have fun!

Bran <><
    jeff of pa likes this.

Mar 2007
    Rawlins Wyoming
    1 times

Thank you sooooo much! Everyone has been very helpful and it is much appreciated!

Chawna

May 2007
    Whites DFX series with 9" coil and 18" coil.
    2 times

godisnum1, so that was all that you found in the book?

I am interested in this story. What year was it that the stagecoach robbery happened? Anyone knows?
    "GIVE ME MY TREASURE!!!!!

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    176 times

LuisTH,
    That was actually Jeff's post... I was just saying that I have the same book his ripped page is from. That is all that's on that particular story though. I wish there were more in there to offer you on it...

Bran <><
    jeff of pa likes this.

May 2007
    Whites DFX series with 9" coil and 18" coil.
    2 times

Thanks, at least it does give an idea of what and where to look for.

"GIVE ME MY TREASURE!!!!!

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    176 times

Yep, you're welcome!

Bran <><

us
    Dec 2008
    Wyoming

The story I heard was it came off the cheyenne to deadwood stage. the last survivor was hanged near dead wood SD they say the gold was burried closer to Newcastle. I also live in wyoming and have pondered the wareabouts of this gold. So much of that land is private and tough to access. Especially if you tell the owners you are looking for gold.

Taking the high ground

Mar 2013
    Wyoming Territory
    Whites MXT
    1 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by manyholes View Post
    The story I heard was it came off the cheyenne to deadwood stage. the last survivor was hanged near dead wood SD they say the gold was burried closer to Newcastle. I also live in wyoming and have pondered the wareabouts of this gold. So much of that land is private and tough to access. Especially if you tell the owners you are looking for gold.
    I have heard this version of the story with the robbers heading west and burying the treasure along the Belle Fourche River in Wyoming.

Tex
    jeff of pa likes this.

Oct 2016
    1467 times
    Researching Treasure Stories Author
    Once we start doing a Wyoming book, we will check it out. This could be the story where a gold bar turned up in a bank window in Iowa I believe. One robber was bank presidents soon.
    jeff of pa likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links