Baja Treasure?

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
There are so many lost/ abandon missions, its like trying to find the needle in a hay stack
Read this letter in treasure leads,

Letter telling about Sonora Mexico, 1826

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember hearing from an old timer a tale about a lost / abandoned Mission on the eastern coastal area of middle Baja years ago, in a currently un-inhabitated area. Does any one have any more detail on this? All help appreciated!!!

`~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

HOLA: I sent an em answer to this, sorry room; You are undoutedly referring to the "Lost Mission of Santa Isabella" approx. 1/3 of the way down from 'San Felipe".

Look for a book by my mentors Dana & Ginger Lamb. They supposedly found it once then wrote a book about it.

I don't remember the name right now, but go to a seach site and look for "The lost mission of Santa Isabella" and it's variations. I wlil check further also.

Jose de La Mancha ( I tilt windmills , legends, & Shibboleths )

OP
OP
D

Delta Hunter

I think maybe your right Tayopa.... ordered the 4 books written by Dana already. Looks very interesting.. But, while researching I came accross another lost one named San Juan Bautista ( In Baja, Not California US.. There are 2 different ones) Any info from anyone? reports I read are very vague. I will continue researching... Is there any interest here? Should I post my findings for all?...

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
author=Lost
I think maybe your right Tayopa.... ordered the 4 books written by Dana already. Looks very interesting.. But, while researching I came across another lost one named San Juan Bautista ( In Baja, Not California US.. There are 2 different ones) Any info from anyone? reports I read are very vague. I will continue researching... Is there any interest here? Should I post my findings for all?...
~~~~~

A) HOLA, of course post, but keep "X" to yourself.

San Juan Bautista, is that the one located in the midrife section? If so, then you may be referring to the "lost Gold placers of the 3 amigos". The mission is not lost, it is almost on the present road were it crosses Baja. from west to East.
~~~~~~~

Incidentally, Dana & Ginger Lamb were my mentors and personal friends. They were the reason that I tuned to Mexico instead of Alaska. Their canoe is now in the Adventurers Club in LA. -

"www.Adventurersclub.org",

Click on the logo to enter the room, there you will see the canoe that they built and sailed down the coast to the Panama canal. They actually were allowed to go through it. Later served as the advisor's to pres Roosevelt for "survival" for WW-2 personal..

At that time Mexico had very few roads and was largely unknown in many areas.

They wrote "Enchanted Vagabonds, Quest for the lost city , The lost Mission of Santa Isabella", Can't remember a fourth?

They later established a wayward boys camp to rehabilitate kids. I believe that sossi is a graduate from there.

Till eulenspeigle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread