King Solomons Mines

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: King Solomon's Mines

a long forgotten topic - and what a shame!!
There is such a lot of information here (I'm afraid I've only digested a small portion of it tonight!).
I hope no-one objects to me 'reviving' it again - it doesn't deserve to be 'in hiding' any more.

And for those you who haven't come this far down the list - read and enjoy some of the accumulated knowledge from some very experienced TH'ers!!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D HA! Forgot about THIS; I would go with the COPPER SCROLLS, with burials in the Jerusalem area; I think the ORIGINAL Knights Templar found some stuff. THEY experienced a SIGNIFICANT change, etc. FreeMason Knights Templar MAY have traditions, legends, etc. :dontknow: :coffee2: :read2: :coffee2: Coffee? :wink:

chris

Greenie
Jun 9, 2004
totton
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You could read In quest of Sheba"s mines by Frank E Hayter though the ending with a cave flood is similar to Otto Rhann"s story which was written first ?

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
wander aimlessly in circles with camera in hand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
G'afternoon Oro: :coffee2: :coffee2: Here is an interesting development-->

http://us.mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=bftn4e44q7qsf

Kinda upsets our time line, if true.

Don Jose de La Mancha

I got the same result as our amigo Kanabite, but if the link he posted is what you were referring to, I see no timeline problems?

Loke - couldn't let sleeping dogs lie eh? ;D :tongue3:

Reb - hoo boy the Copper Scroll! What will our perennial skeptics make of that? An ancient treasure list and directions how to find it - only the places named we can not identify today. If someone can ever find one or more of those landmarks, that ancient treasure may yet see the light of day!

Oroblanco

Sock Coffee?

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee:

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oroblanco said:
Loke - couldn't let sleeping dogs lie eh? ;D :tongue3:

Nope - its just too valuable (and I dont mean the late King's mines) to be at the bottom of page #2 - unseen, unloved and unobserved by the vast majority!
Now - if only the yahoo mail login could shed some light on the timeline ... *snicker*

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh ye of little faith, extremely interesting post on a possible new species of man.

Where's the coffee Oro?

To simplify it for Oro since Beth isn't here, nor is loke's beautiful aussie speaking to him at the moment, and kanibite's extremely interesting post on the Chinese fossils, ===============================================================

Machine dated at 400 million years found in Russia March 12, 2012

In the remote Kamchatka peninsula (map below),
200 km from Tigil, University of St. Petersburg archaeologists discovered a strange fossil. The authenticity of the find has been certified. According archaeologist
Yuri Golubev, occurs that, in this case the discovery surprised scientists by its
nature, at least – unusual, able to change history (or pre-history).

It is not the first time that is an artifact, an ancient object, something like this is found in that region.
But, surprisingly conserved, this specific artifact is – at first glance, inlaid
in rock (which is understandable since the peninsula is home to numerous volcanoes). Subjected to
analysis, the conjunct showed to be made of metal parts that seem to form a
mechanism, a gear which may be of a type of watch or computer. The astonishing
is that all the pieces were dated in 400 million! of anos.Yury Gobulev
commented:

http://www.pakalertpress.com/2012/0...utm_campaign=Feed:+pakalert+(Pak+Alert+Press)

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

@RdT,
Firstly, she's not an aussie (border-collie!) and sadly no longer with us.
Secondly, it doesn't mention anything about what kind of metal. 'metal' can be so many things - I believe I will reserve judgement until I know more about the so-called metal. To my (untrained, innocent) eye - they might as well be shells or corrals ...

And 400 megayears old? As you truly observed, it would throw any kind of time-line (as we understand it) to the dogs.
Nah - I'll sit on the fence a tad longer ...

Hope you are over your cold spell - and in any case - nice to see you posting again! :coffee2: :coffee2:
Hey - got any plans for the oirish constipation day? (he, he)

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

oh those pesky OOPARTS :laughing7:
they do make a guy scratch his poor old bald head .
very nice find Real !!!!!!!!
wonder if it will pan out ?
what will folks think if it was the real deal this time ?

guess i better be nice ,

interesting . thanks !!!!!!!!
i would like to borrow your link , see if has merit first ,before it gets swept under the rug.

have a bunch of coffee :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :thumbsup:

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hello amigos ,

ya know this kind of thing bothers me and i see it allot , hoaxes , lies , disinformation, etc.....
how on earth are you suppose to be both hopeful and sceptical at the same time ?

what are the motives of people that perpetrate fraud?

i hope the other link i posted about the Chinese fossils has some merit , i have not had time to really look into it yet.

we are curious by nature , then you get nonsense from both sides of the fence so to speak , and it leaves you feeling bitter and cynical . heck treasure hunting is hard enough on its own.

oh well , guess its just part of the game.

i need coffee

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hmm my post disappeared?? Not TM's fault though.

First I am just old enough to have one cycle of scientific research go in a complete circle.

EGGS !

First, they were considered a top food, then a bit of scepticism entered regarding findings about cholesterol, then limiting them to one or two a week, now back to as many as you wish since they are sooo beneficial and not linked to cholesterol buildup. sigh

The same applies to Geologists and Archaeologists. I can only assume that the gentlemen involved know metal from a piece of shell.

What about my 80 ft aquatic serpent that I found myself swimming with in the Rio Fuerte when on the lost Gloria Pan mine search? Or the skeletons of the red haired giants in the buriel caves - 9 - 10 ft.?

Personal experiences which have been evasively ridiculed by no answer from the applicable scientific groups?

Nope, I tend to accept those that have the materiel or experience, over general Academics that have neither seen nor experienced the phenomena, such as Oro's sock coffee..

Don Jose de La Mancha

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Hmm my post disappeared?? Not TM's fault though.

First I am just old enough to have one cycle of scientific research go in a complete circle.

EGGS !

First, they were considered a top food, then a bit of scepticism entered regarding findings about cholesterol, then limiting them to one or two a week, now back to as many as you wish since they are sooo beneficial and not linked to cholesterol buildup. sigh

The same applies to Geologists and Archaeologists. I can only assume that the gentlemen involved know metal from a piece of shell.

What about my 80 ft aquatic serpent that I found myself swimming with in the Rio Fuerte when on the lost Gloria Pan mine search? Or the skeletons of the red haired giants in the buriel caves - 9 - 10 ft.?

Personal experiences which have been evasively ridiculed by no answer from the applicable scientific groups?

Nope, I tend to accept those that have the materiel or experience, over general Academics that have neither seen nor experienced the phenomena, such as Oro's sock coffee..

Don Jose de La Mancha

oh i will still be hopeful amigo .
seen too much not to be .
I just don't like it when deliberate deception comes into the equation .
one of these days something huge will come to light , something real ,but will it be believed ?
who knows ?
as for the article ,ya if it were metal that might be something indeed .
hoaxes?????? just like the boy who cried wolf i guess.
to bad , hurts us all.

i never quit eating eggs either,
sock coffee might not be so bad as long as laundry day had already come . but still

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho

Hello fellows, excuse me for turning the discussion back to Solomon's Mines for a moment.

There is another version of the story, aside from the one found in the christian bible which should be taken into account. Most importantly, one version details the meeting of King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba. It goes something like this:

King Solomon learned of great riches in gold and silver to the East of his kingdom in lands belonging to the Queen of Sheba. So, he sent an envoy and requested a meeting as soon as possible. He buttered her up and got permission to mine in her kingdom.

Now King Solomon was the king of Israel. And more than likely, the Queen of Sheba was operating out of Yemen. Which means her kingdom also quite possibly included Saudi Arabia.

Now my assumption from this information is that the location of the mines were most likely in the Hejaz Mountains or much further inland in one formerly highly volcanic area located right here:
26°34'57.40"N
40° 5'5.07"E

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

I also heard that the mines were located in Zimbabwe.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

G'morning salvor6 my friend :coffee2: :coffee2: before we start. I also have heard that, Zimbabwe is a prime candidate.

it's origin has never been successfully explained.

Have any DNA samples ever been successfully done?

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Don Jose de la Mancha wrote
I also have heard that, Zimbabwe is a prime candidate.

it's origin has never been successfully explained.

Have any DNA samples ever been successfully done?

I believe you are looking for the Lemba tribe; check out:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/israel/familylemba.html
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/mysteries-of-great-zimbabwe.html
<extract>
"Indeed, the more contentious part of that question "who built it?" has finally been put to rest almost 450 years after João de Barros and others first propounded it. Whites did not build Great Zimbabwe, blacks did, and this fact only deepens the sense of mystery enveloping the site."

Special on a quest to find the Lost Tribes:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/tudor-parfitts-remarkable-quest.html

The DNA evidence seems to point to a Jewish origin to the Lemba tribe, who claim to have built Zimbabwe; however the time line is still far wrong to have been Solomon's mines location by a factor of almost 2000 years. Also there is the time for travel problem, as it is a matter of a few days travel from southern Arabia to Zimbabwe by sail, not anything close to three years round trip. The first century Greek text "Periplus Erythraeum" has sailing directions and would indicate a round trip of a few months time at most.

"For the king's ships went to Tarshish with the servants of Huram: every three years once came the ships of Tarshish bringing gold, and silver, ivory, and apes, and peacocks."
<2 Chronicles 9:21>

Also, while gold, ivory and apes might be collected in south east Africa, peacocks are native to India. A round trip from Ezion-geber to India takes a year (more or less) if the ship waits for the changing wind patterns (monsoon) so also does not fit the three year trip cycle even if the ship went to India and Zimbabwe.

Sock coffee? :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:<It separates the men from the boys> :coffee:
Oroblanco

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There was a good program on 'history international' the other night - about a quest for the covenant of the arc.
It certainly mentioned the lemba tribe and also its jewish origin and how, when they left the arabian peninsula - they had brought the arc with them. I believe the 'conclusion' (if you can call it that) was that the arc was infact a drum ?! (hey - it's not _my_ theory - I'm just quoting!)

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Allo REAL coffeemaker. You posted --> "For the king's ships went to Tarshish with the servants of Huram: every three years once came the ships of Tarshish bringing gold, and silver, ivory, and apes, and peacocks."
<2 Chronicles 9:21>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\

Frankly I haven't done any research on it, but is it possible that they actually made a trip once every three years, not make around trip of three years? If sooooooo

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread