Are some treasures haunted?

Scary Hunter

Oct 9, 2006
Mexico City
Detector(s) used
Lorenz LPX2
I know it is a weird question, but in almost every place in Mexico there are stories of treasures and that the spirit of his owner protects them and that if he doesn't wants to give you his gold you will only find carbon or you will be attacked by this spirit. There are also a lot of legends about treasures under old churches and they say that the people that wants to take out the treasure finds out a room filled with wonderful jewelry and lots of gold but then there is an evil spirit that ask you to take all the treasure at once or do not take anything and that some people had died trying to take them. And you can hear the same stories in different states.

What I think is that maybe some of them after finding the treasure had a heart attack or his partners killed them.

What do you know/think about?

K

Kentucky Kache

It makes alot of sense that a person's spirit would want to
stay with something they had treasured when they were alive, but
I don't think they have the ability to kill. Unless, of course, they
frighten you to death.

OP
OP
Scary Hunter

Scary Hunter

Oct 9, 2006
Mexico City
Detector(s) used
Lorenz LPX2
Yes I think the same.

I was also thinking that maybe the Spaniards made that tale because they built some churches over the most important temples and probably if they said that they were haunted the indians wouldn't try to destroy the churches.

I was looking today for mexican treasures on internet and almost all the stories of treasures say that they are haunted.

Well if I find a treasure in Mexico I hope that I can tell you if it was haunted or not lol.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jbot said:
It makes alot of sense that a person's spirit would want to
stay with something they had treasured when they were alive, but
I don't think they have the ability to kill. Unless, of course, they
frighten you to death.

Not necessarily JBOT!

Follow this link, and check out the story. It was right here in SoCal. I have spoken with two of the actual researchers who investigated the case. I also bought the DVD. The researchers concerned were both very credible. An amazing story.

http://www.worldoftheunknown.com/unknownentountervideo.html

A little more about the subject. I think that most interactive spirits are either benevolent or at least playful. There are some that are angry. There are quite a few cases of spirits attacking people.

I'm pretty much not afraid of anything that walks this Earth, but whenever I'm around my 50foot tall heart in the mountains, I get really creeped out. The hackles on the back of my neck get worked. Only place this ever happened.

Also, Google "The Entity" It was a story from the early 1970s about a woman who was repeatedly assaulted by an unseen spirit. Attacked her, her son, and some other people who tried to help.

Best,

Mike

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OR send check or money order to:

Hillarious.
Only time I've heard of a "real" attack is when someone is possessed. Then all bets are off. I'm not sure about ghosts though, and agree with what I hear Silvia Brown say once, they can't physically harm you. I watched her explain to a girl what was really happening when the girl thought she was being raped by a ghost. It was the girls mind doing it to her, not a ghost. She was inflicting the physical "attack" on herself.

Ahh...the mind is a powerful thing.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
djui5 said:
OR send check or money order to:

Hillarious.
Only time I've heard of a "real" attack is when someone is possessed. Then all bets are off. I'm not sure about ghosts though, and agree with what I hear Silvia Brown say once, they can't physically harm you. I watched her explain to a girl what was really happening when the girl thought she was being raped by a ghost. It was the girls mind doing it to her, not a ghost. She was inflicting the physical "attack" on herself.

Ahh...the mind is a powerful thing.

Funny you mention Sylvia Brown. She charges $400 for a private session. My ex girlfriend and I had seen her on Montel, and some other shows, and she seemed pretty legit. About six years ago, I paid for both of us to get a private reading. I told my ex how to act when going in. Don't offer up any info. Don't let on whether she is right on or dead wrong (so she couldn't get a read on us).

She didn't get JACK right! If she told me it was a sunny day, I would have to look out a window first.

Randy,

You should really look up the story of "The Entity". This woman was being raped by the ghost. Her botfriend walked in on her one night, and watched while her breasts were being kneaded by invisible hands! How did she do that to herself? When the boyfriend went over to help her get up, he got knocked across the bedroom, by something he couldn't see. When she was being attacked in her bathroom one time, her son walked in, and got knocked out the door. Not exactly self inflicted!

Best,

Mike

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
gollum said:
She didn't get JACK right! If she told me it was a sunny day, I would have to look out a window first.

Dosen't suprise me...hahaha. Damm people.

Randy,

You should really look up the story of "The Entity".
Best,

Mike

Will do! Sounds very interesting.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OHIO" ghosts?? entities good an bad? the "all or nothing syndrome" , and on - I have been exposed to all of them, some explainable, others like Gollum ---------who is capable of managing to get a gentleman on minimum wage to buy a Mercedes or Lexus?

As for their dying if they touch or recover a treasure, I have list as long as my arm of those that did die, mostly by self suggestion, but others??

In one case, I went to Obregon to see a friend. His wife met me at the door and appologized for his not being there, that he was in the hopital.. I then went to see him, he was in a long ward looking very pale. I asked him what had happened, he replied " I found the treasure of the little gold bars that we talked about. I took them home and buried most in her Rose plot. I took a few to Nogales and exchanged them. When I told her about it, she said "MY G___! you have touched a treasure , you will die", and so it has happened, I am dying and the doctors can do nothing".

I then told him to wait a bit before dying, that I had some special medicine to counteract the gas that is found with buried treasures etc., went outside to my car, and returned with a handfull of extremely hi potency Vit C pills which I talked him into tying, Two days later he was discharged, he never did give me one the Gold bars snifff.

Yes I agree, it was purely Psychosomatic on his part, and simple positive psychology on mine, but it worked -- or did it? I know that massive doses of vit c will remove toxic heavy metals from your system similar to Chelation , in fact I eliminated Arsenic poisoning from myself this way (careless assaying).

I probably have a hundred similar and ghost stories to tell, I will start with few in here.

Tropical Tramp

OP
OP
Scary Hunter

Scary Hunter

Oct 9, 2006
Mexico City
Detector(s) used
Lorenz LPX2
After reading all the replies I was getting a little worried, specially because I will go hunting at night as soon as I buy my detector. And I think at night the imagination works more because you can not see very well.

Some time ago I went to a little land I have at night, I was trying to open my gate and I saw a huge black animal, I thought it was my neighbors' Great dane, but when I turned my head to see the dog there was nothing there.

In Mexico they always say that when a dog howls is because someone dies and I really never thoughts it was kind of true, until one night I stayed in my land, also at night, I was digging while I was looking for a treasure and a lot of dogs started to howl for maybe 30 minutes, I have never heard any dogs howl so much time, so I just went to sleep and the next day my neighbor told me that a woman died, and he said that every time a dog howls a person dies and that he always see the spirit of death walking by where he lives, and told me a lot of stories about spirits in the area.

He told me stories about apparitions of devil, different spirits, goblins?, witches that they used to appear like fire balls and jumped from one mountain to the other.

Another night I was taking pictures in my land with a digital camera and found out a lot of white circles, I investigated a little on internet and it says that some are because of the moisture and some are ghosts, I think one was a ghost since it was very white and in many pictures you can find the same circle (whiter than the others and bigger) in different places, sometimes about 20 cms from the ground, others 1.5 meters, then next one .5 meters..

Real de Tayopa, I am glad you can use vitamin C to eliminate the toxics, I will keep that in my mind.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I will follow this post carefully before I put my two cents worth in. Just one penny worth of thought, coyotes usually howl in packs, and howl and howl. Sends shivers up and down your spine. Maybe they were howling just before or after the kill, but I doubt human kill. Coincidence some one passed hmmmmm?

OP
OP
Scary Hunter

Scary Hunter

Oct 9, 2006
Mexico City
Detector(s) used
Lorenz LPX2
No, dogs didn't kill her, she died in her house in the town, my land is almost 1 mile from town but all my neighbor's dogs were howling, I don't remember if mines too, I don't think so... maybe because they are city dogs where they only howl when an ambulance pass nearby with the siren on.

OP
OP
Scary Hunter

Scary Hunter

Oct 9, 2006
Mexico City
Detector(s) used
Lorenz LPX2
both loll

There are a lot of ghost stories on those lands and some people have found gold pots.

I just remember other place close to Toluca, México, they say it is haunted and they say that this place was used as a warehouse where a lot of people took their merchandise made business there, it was a little destroyed on the war, so there is probably money hidden there.

There is also an Hacienda I think it was in Tlaxcala, I went there with my father when I was a kid and this hacienda was amazing, 2 old women took care of it, so it was not so clean, but it had all the old furniture and looked so nice and the rail road passed just in front of it. The problem is that my father is already death, so I don't know where is this hacienda :(

mmm I think I will be a little busy as soon as I have my detector ::) but I think I will start in my land and nearby area. Probably there is nothing in my land (and is just a small piece of land) since my neighbor told me that in the top of a mountain (which is just in front of my land and probably 300 meters up) there were some soldiers that shot everyone that they saw, with some kind of shotguns that were very powerful, but never knows.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Well get that detector and go! Those dead soldiers had to have something in their pockets that fell out.

Any other relatives that may remember your dad (sorry) talking about the hacienda? Ask the locals, especially the one that likes to tell the ghost stories and scare the day lights out of you.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Gals, including Gollum: Once I was asked to go to a dying man's room here in Alamos, Sonora. He told me that "they" always heard money rolling and falling in his room and he wanted to find out what it was about before he died. Naturally I agreed, and commenced a fine toothed search of his room, nothing except a slight indication next to the wall. Investigation turned up a single old ( 1888) copper coin standing on edge next to the wall in between the floor bricks which were loosely set in dirt. Of course I gave him the coin and curiously the sound of money was never heard again ??

Explanations please! I have several theories which go from normal to the paranormal.

Duh

Tropical Tramp

OP
OP
Scary Hunter

Scary Hunter

Oct 9, 2006
Mexico City
Detector(s) used
Lorenz LPX2
Hi all

Country girl I am waiting for a quote and to see how much will I have to pay for customs... I think I will buy the Lorenz because it gives good deep measures and but it's a little expensive.

Real de Tayopa there are a lot of stories in Mexico that say that if the ghost don't want you to have the money you won't get it and sometimes that you will only find carbon, I don't know if that is why. Or maybe the ground has a lot of movement (failure in the ground?), or lived closed to an airport? and the coin moved from one place to another?

My mother's parents are from China my father is from Spain and I was born in Mexico, so I really don't know a lot of these stories, only the ones that some people told me when I was a child in different towns close to Tlaxcala. Then you meet some people and tell you more stories. The weird thing is that almost all stories are similar.

There is a legend of a woman called "la llorona" and in some yahoo chat someone talked about her. She appears in different places of Mexico and now I know that they have seen her in Venezuela...

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Again ladies (including Vieja Tayopa), ;D ;D ;D

Growing up, I knew a coin collector who firmly believed in harmful spirits! His name was Engler. He kept gris-gris bags all over the house to keep away evil spirits. He had a good reason for it though. He wasn't just a paranoid psycho. Because it was a custom to put coins over the eyes of the dead, he used to break into the crypts and get the coins out from the skulls.

He also had an enormous collection of Nazi uniforms, daggers, flags, etc. He was a fairly old guy in the 70s. He may have been a Nazi in hiding (Joseph Engler?).

Best,

Mike

OP
OP
Scary Hunter

Scary Hunter

Oct 9, 2006
Mexico City
Detector(s) used
Lorenz LPX2
Well Mike, you never know how many ghosts he has seen at the cementeries.

By the way there was a video tape that someone took at the cementery and there was a girl crying, she was sitting on one of the tombs when the person that had the video called her, she moved her head toward the man and she looked so scary that the man started to run as fast as he could without turning off the video, so you could hear how frightened he was.

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week, I finally got around to developing some more films I had taken for my book on Swift's Silver Mines I plan on publishing next year. Anyway, I took around ten pictures in the Indian Graveyard Swift and his crew passed by on their way to the mines. Only ONE picture came out enough to see the pile of old stones on the grave, and it was very foggy. The other pictures were all black..........

Except for one - it has a ghostly image of what looks to be a demon on it!!!!!!!!!!! I will scan and post the pic, if you would like to see it.

Also, I have had some strange experiences in the past year searching for Swift's mines. Many of which, I wouldn't have believed myself if I were not there.

OP
OP
Scary Hunter

Scary Hunter

Oct 9, 2006
Mexico City
Detector(s) used
Lorenz LPX2
yes, I would love to see it ;D

I just hope that on my first hunt in the middle of the night I don't remember that picture ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions