LUE clue...the Obit of Hardrock Hammond

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I don't believe it is an anagram. I do suspect the answer lies in a study of Hebrew and perhaps a relationship with Native American languages.

In ancient Hebrew, iay is a prefix article meaning "the"
Ayam can mean "glow"

Iay-ayam = the glow. Gold "glows" does it not ? :)

Disclaimer: not a Hebrew scholar but researching Natives/First Nations in Smithsonian books I thought IAYAYAM looked similar to their words. "Fringe Archeologists" have made claims ancient Hebrews travelled to the Americas in antiquity and that's why the language bears similarities (though expert linguists may disagree there is any hard evidence).

Fire, intense heat also glows. Volcanic fissures are associated with gold welling-up from the bowels of the Earth. Just some thoughts on this record-hot 4th of July !

Happy Independence Day.. or War of Colonial Aggression.. whatever !

Last edited:

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To All,

Happy 4th of July. Thank a Member of the Military, your local Law Enforcement, Correctional Officers and Fire Fighters. They all have a job to do to keep America safe and I thank them all.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

Last edited:

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Fringe Archeologists" have made claims ancient Hebrews travelled to the Americas in antiquity and that's why the language bears similarities (though expert linguists may disagree there is any hard evidence).

The Jesuits were some of the smartest people in any expedition to the new world. They excelled in ancient languages including Hebrew, Phoenician, Runic texts of the Celts, Greek, Roman and some Hieroglyphics and were known to write messages in those languages on rocks because they knew others in their order could read them. Look at the rock in Las Lunas, New Mexico?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Lunas_Decalogue_Stone

It is written in both Hebrew and Greek.

It is something a Jesuit would think of doing to make it easier for someone to follow his directions to a mission or treasure?

Regards

LUE-Hawn

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
LUE-Hawn, yes you're exactly right about the Jesuits. I completely forgot about them. No need for the "ancient seafarer" theory for this to work when these religious scholars were alive and well in the New World. Thanks for pointing this out :).

P.S. Thanks for the Los Lunas stone link !

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"Fringe Archeologists" have made claims ancient Hebrews travelled to the Americas in antiquity and that's why the language bears similarities (though expert linguists may disagree there is any hard evidence).

The Jesuits were some of the smartest people in any expedition to the new world. They excelled in ancient languages including Hebrew, Phoenician, Runic texts of the Celts, Greek, Roman and some Hieroglyphics and were known to write messages in those languages on rocks because they knew others in their order could read them. Look at the rock in Las Lunas, New Mexico?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Lunas_Decalogue_Stone

It is written in both Hebrew and Greek.

It is something a Jesuit would think of doing to make it easier for someone to follow his directions to a mission or treasure?

Regards

LUE-Hawn

New Mexico was exclusively a Franciscan Catholic domain beginning with Marcos de Niza in 1539. The Jesuits' finally got a minor toehold after the end of the Civil War in the 1870s, well after the mission period and the "treasure" days.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Spanish Jesuits forged rock carvings, etc, for their own benefit, but it would have been in Sonora and Arizona, not New Mexico.

IMO, the top of Hidden Mountain is more interesting than the Decalogue Stone near the base of the hill. On top, there are ruins of a North African-style fortified military encampment, a star map that may date the place, plus some later Native American ruins. There are also Phoenician-similar petroglyphs in several places in the Lower Rio Grande Valley (T or C down to El Paso). Are they genuine? Hard to tell, as there is no reliable way to date rock carvings accurately. Academia refuses to consider Diffusionist arguments. 1492, you know.

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Ryano,

You are welcome. I will try to add some other interesting links in regard to that stone and others.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

The following is from the National Park Service:

https://www.nps.gov/subjects/travelspanishmissions/mission-los-santos-angeles-de-guevavi.htm

Mission Los Santos Ángeles de Guevavi— Spanish Colonial Missions of the Southwest
Página en español
Mission Guevavi church ruins. NPS photo.
Mission Los Santos Ángeles de Guevavi
Tumacácori, Arizona
Coordinates: 31.568876,-111.050140
#TravelSpanishMissions
Discover Our Shared Heritage
Spanish Colonial Missions of the Southwest Travel Itinerary

Mission Los Santos Angéles de Guevavi
Visitors explore the remote and seldom-visited Guevavi site with a living history interpreter.
Courtesy of the National Park Service.

While Franciscans friars were building missions in New Mexico and Texas, Jesuit priests were building missions in the northwest of New Spain to spread Spanish culture and Christianity to the Native Americans. A few miles northeast of Nogales, Arizona, six miles north of what is today the modern U.S.-Mexican border, the ruins of Mission Los Santos Ángeles de Guevavi are quietly eroding under the forces of the wind and rain. Mission Guevavi, as it is commonly called, was located in the northern portion of the Pimería Alta region of New Spain. The mission was founded by the Jesuit Order through Father Eusebio Kino in 1691, but was only occupied intermittently until it became the location of the first Jesuit head church, or cabecera, in the southwestern United States. The Pima Revolt in 1751, Apache raids, and the expulsion of the Jesuits from the Americas in 1767, led to instability at the mission and its eventual abandonment as those few who remained moved north to the mission at Tumacácori.

Swiss Jesuit Father Segesser (1689-1762)
Swiss Jesuit Father Segesser (1689-1762)was briefly at Guevavi, and lived at missions in Pimeria Alta for 30 years.
Artist unknown, c. 1729. Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.

The O'odham and Mission Life

Father Eusebio Francisco Kino, a Jesuit priest, began missionizing activities in the region in 1691 when he visited and encouraged the local Pima to be baptized. Father Juan de San Martín arrived in 1701 to be the first resident priest. Working under Spanish authority, Kino founded more than 20 missions and smaller outposts throughout the arid region, which the Spanish named the Pimería Alta, today Southern Arizona and Northern Sonora.

Prior to the influence of Spanish missionaries, the local O'odham moved seasonally and planted crops along the floodplain of the Santa Cruz River. The word "Guevavi" was a Spanish phonetic attempt to record the O'odham name for the mission site; it may have come from the word gusutaqui meaning "big water," referring to the fact that water was consistently available in the streambed at that location.

As in many other places, the Spanish gave their own names to the people they encountered. The O'odham who lived along the rivers they called "Pima." The O'odham who lived and farmed in the desert, they called "Papago."

The O'odham at the missions adopted some aspects of Spanish culture. They began practicing animal husbandry, learned Spanish, and participated in parish life. Farming of traditional corn continued, with the addition of wheat, peaches, and other fruits introduced by the Spanish, all irrigated by the Santa Cruz River. Herds of cattle and sheep roamed the valley and provided hides, meat, and tallow for the missions as well as for Spanish ranches, communities, mining camps, and presidios (fort communities). Traditional ceremonies and activities like making fermented alcoholic beverages from cactus fruit continued as well, much to the annoyance of some priests.

For the first few decades, priests intermittently resided at Guevavi. As the Spanish began to increase their presence and impose more restrictions on those O'odham who joined the Spanish system, areas of resentment and resistance grew. In an event known as the "Pima Revolt of 1751," a group of O'odham led by Pima Auxiliary Captain Luis Oacicpagigua, attacked nearby communities, killiing over 100 primarily Spanish and Yaqui settlers. Just before the revolt, Father Garrucho had built the small adobe church at Guevavi that can be seen today. Father Garrucho escaped the conflict, but the Mission Guevavi was sacked. The mission was later reclaimed in 1752.

Jesuit expulsion
Jesuit priests led the missions of the Pimería Alta from the first contact made by Father Kino until the expulsion of the Jesuits, ordered by King Carlos III in 1767.
Courtesy of the National Park Service.

The Jesuits were expelled from the Spanish Empire in 1767, and the Franciscan order took control of the Spanish missions in the Pimería Alta. At Guevavi and throughout the region, the Apache raiders attacked mission residents and stole livestock. The threat forced Franciscans to reevaluate mission locations and to move the region's head church from Guevavi to Tumacácori. There, the O'odham, Spanish settlers, and priests would be closer to the Spanish presidio at Tubac. With the cabecera moved to the north, Mission Guevavi was empty by 1773.

So much for the Jesuits arriving after the Civil War and they wandered far and wide.

Those pesky priests moved all over the southwest and they had masons with them to carve and chisel stone. As one person here in the southwest seems to think the Knights Templar were here too?

http://blog.franciscanmedia.org/sam/secrets-of-the-knights-templar

Regards

LUE-Hawn

Last edited:

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've followed the Kensington Runestone saga and a few others (but your Las Lunas is new to me). I'll be honest, I am skeptical of the evidence that purports it to be a genuine Old Norse artifact and agree with the archy's that it is more likely a 19th century creation. Just the fact the settlers happened to build their community in the pastures that ancestral Vikings, 500 years prior, laid the carved stone is too amazing a coincidence to accept on top of all the linguistic issues of the runes themselves.

Last edited:

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I've followed the Kensington Runestone saga and a few others (but your Las Lunas is new to me). I'll be honest, I am skeptical of the evidence that purports it to be a genuine Old Norse artifact and agree with the archy's that it is more likely a 19th century creation. Just the fact the settlers happened to build their community in the pastures that ancestral Vikings, 500 years prior, laid the carved stone is too amazing a coincidence to accept on top of all the linguistic issues of the runes themselves.

I've seen the KRS in the Alexandria museum and have been to the site where it was recovered. The farmer who dug it up was obviously incapable of "hoaxing" it. The most interesting aspect of the KRS is its exact location and its link to Inspiration Point, 22 miles away. Together, these locations form very intriguing geometric map links to other structures and key locations in North America. It's hard to say exactly who did what and when, but the KRS is clearly not a hoax, IMO.

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What about the hooked X? There was no other example of a hooked X when the KRS was found, only much later was the document which had a hooked X discovered, if the KRS was fabricated, how did the carver know about the hooked X?

Dardariel

Oct 27, 2018
Canyon, TX
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dardariel

Oct 27, 2018
Canyon, TX
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't believe it is an anagram. I do suspect the answer lies in a study of Hebrew and perhaps a relationship with Native American languages.

In ancient Hebrew, iay is a prefix article meaning "the"
Ayam can mean "glow"

Iay-ayam = the glow. Gold "glows" does it not ? :)

Disclaimer: not a Hebrew scholar but researching Natives/First Nations in Smithsonian books I thought IAYAYAM looked similar to their words. "Fringe Archeologists" have made claims ancient Hebrews travelled to the Americas in antiquity and that's why the language bears similarities (though expert linguists may disagree there is any hard evidence).

Fire, intense heat also glows. Volcanic fissures are associated with gold welling-up from the bowels of the Earth. Just some thoughts on this record-hot 4th of July !

Happy Independence Day.. or War of Colonial Aggression.. whatever !

LUE-AYAM.PNG

The definition for AYaM in Hebrew is actually: fear.

http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/vocabulary_studies.html

Found it...

http://www.mechanical-translation.org/mtt/dictionary-a.html
Ay - Ruined Heap

http://www.mechanical-translation.org/mtt/dictionary-i.html
I - I, me

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
Coil, lot to digest here...mostly because I'm not sure where some of your lines originate. Compared to many though, this is as intriguing as anything I've seen in a while.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like my kinda people what a life

Dardariel

Oct 27, 2018
Canyon, TX
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coil, lot to digest here...mostly because I'm not sure where some of your lines originate. Compared to many though, this is as intriguing as anything I've seen in a while.

All lines originate from within the LUE map itself. The concept was to grid out the locations that were already found, look for similarities within the grid overlay, then continue the process throughout the map.

I saw where one, a point on the left within the pyramid, may be close to where you are at in Utah - Green River. The area I triangulated based on the LUE is actually within where it forks to the East.

Chief

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions