Treasure of Pisco

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a pretty impressive sight. Fantastic view of the ocean. Hate to tey and park one of those boys in at port. Oooweee that would be full on

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Hello Marticus parking these 9 story babies next a wharf is a all hands on deck experience. Coordinated with winds and tide harbor pilot, tugs dock workers. Its where we actually earn our money. At sea the ship sails itself, just coffee and videos and safety checks.

Mal

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As they say the more you research the less in the field you need to be. Not to mention having your own ship. Those retirement days could involve a smaller run about. A few guys to dive. And you yourself doing the research arm chair style if you like.
That could lead you to a prize and you wouldnt miss out on any of the excitment either

Marticus sadly that's a young single mans dream who has no commitments. Although very enticing.

I come from a long line of sea captains. My father had his ships as part of the family business. When he died my older Brother took control as captain. As the years went my turn came as I progressed up the ranks and earned my stripes. In that time wife 3 sons and mortgage and changing economic conditions in the shipping industry. While in turn one of my Sons look like to follow the sea. He has still many years to go till he is ready. Being a family business. Its not just my lively hood at stake. Many family members working in various roles with in the shipping companies as sectaries agents.They have their own struggles mortgagees and get kid through Uni extra. While its has been many a time that our shipping company has struggled like all business.

You know the value of a ship loses its value 1000 US a Day. After 5 year it doubles, 10 years it doubles again. Every day you have a ship its costing you money every second. So it has to be earning you money and lots of it.

Perhaps no different from your own day to day struggles

In 2014 was bad year. I nearly ended up scuttling our ship for the insurance money as we got caught short in port with not enough money to pay for fuel crew. In fact it is a more common occurrence than people imagine dumping their ship at sea and filing for bankruptcy.

Treasure hunters are in some respect as rather selfish lot as they re chasing their personal dream at all costs. When you have commitments Its not just your life you could ruin but your whole families.

The two types of treasure hunter I have encountered where very different from each other... I have posted some on Tnet already about them.

One was an officially requested dive salvage team who was endorsed by the insurer LLOYDS grouped to recover sunken gold. Funny I later read the story that revived little if no public attention what so ever. I did find in one of the forums here some one made the rather uniformed comment of claiming it was scam without really knowing the story. Yet it was the real deal that slipped under the media. These Guys dived off the treacherous Cape horn cut their way into hull and strongroom of the ship that sunk carrying Gold from Chile to Argentina on behalf of a big mining company. It cost well over a million dollars for the project. For me my whole life is about keeping ships afloat and my expertise is just that not underwater. That is better left for the fishes than the likes of me:-) They got their pay plus bonus and was gone back to working on oil rigs around the world. Very simple their purpose was very clear.

Cost of these projects my friend is big killer.

As for the other group in 2014 their purpose was rather the opposite. In which they gave nothing away in regards to what they was after must spent at least 1.8 million. Their objectives was not shared among those outside the inner circle. You just had a role to play on a need to know basis only. It appears in their project nothing was simple at least as their was multiple complex conflicting interests with officials and others involved.

While treasure legends are great my friend. The deeper YOU research into them the host of problems you discover. For example just because you discover some thing its not finders keepers. Even in the islands in the Pacific legally belong to some one. For example if some one dug your backyard up how would you feel? Yet with all these alleged buried treasure locations it on land owned by some one. And even if you manage the almost impossible and find some thing without the government whose territory it is in claiming it as cultural patrimony? Reading through IPUK post he began to see those similar problems in his own project.

I guess Don Jose could enlighten you further about that prospect? yet that is what you face. And what if you actually recover in secret with for example 14 tons of gold you have the same complex problem as the pirates has when they first stole this alleged treasure. Converting it to liquid assets. You cannot just rock up to a bank and say can you bank this for me?

While you might get a bemused cynical just another conspiracy theorist accusation by our alleged esteemed academia and by authorities. As soon as you show gold the knives come out with the Lawsuits. And wheres there blood the vultures will soon follow.

While I have not doubt some of these newspaper stories can lead to lost treasure if you can work out the fact from the fiction. But doing so that may destroy you financially.

For me while others take insult being called an chair treasure hunter who enjoys reading everyone posts here. I love the term myself as I know I am not putting all my hard won achievements at risk not at least my children future livelihood at risk.

Mal

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gracias Don Mal Yes, I agree with you. As for the Infamous trio, thanks to "Hard luck" they prospered. Incidentally due to present contracual requirements they are forbidden to hava any contact with any treasure forums until the present venture has been sucessfully completed, patience, they will be back.

I, in my search for Tayopa, and it-s deposits, I have been without the necessary backing, financially or physically. So I have to be content with the fact that I was successful where the pros were not, in fact any hundreds died in the searchm but as yet I have not earned a cent/

In a way I have been rewarded by having a sense of being an intimate part of solving the history of seamy Jesuit activies - not yet exposed , if
ever - Not much comfort for my family, who watched the developments until it was _ old hat _ to them The fun, if you can call it that, was all mine, the going without was theirs. This in spite of knowing precisely where the depository with the where with all to finance the isuurrection

Mal is correct.

OP
OP
marticus

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Interested Party in UK some good points. As with all with all newspaper stories they I imagine are only as correct as person giving the information out. The trouble I see Treasure hunters it appear only want to give the bare minimum to reporters be they want backers and not hoards of competition. Newspaper reporters want a sexy story so they intern will sex up parts. That said in among lies and half truths that the belief treasure was somewhere out there. What is the 100 million dollar question? And for me just a arch chair treasure hunter the most logical question is to find the original source.

That I imagine will take a lot of time and perhaps a visit to south America to get at the truth.

Mal
Right on point there. My main aim in those newspapers was to share the dates. The dates are decades before G.H's book or treasure hunt. So they rule out him making it up. Which puts credit to his story. I think the earliest account i have from here was from around 1902. If the peru treasure was taken around the 1850-1880s. That puts the story in less then a life time of being told.
But your right. The best information would be at the source. To which all 3 versions (i beleive) all come from the same country. Peru.
I think this warrants more investigation

OP
OP
marticus

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Marticus sadly that's a young single mans dream who has no commitments. Although very enticing.

I come from a long line of sea captains. My father had his ships as part of the family business. When he died my older Brother took control as captain. As the years went my turn came as I progressed up the ranks and earned my stripes. In that time wife 3 sons and mortgage and changing economic conditions in the shipping industry. While in turn one of my Sons look like to follow the sea. He has still many years to go till he is ready. Being a family business. Its not just my lively hood at stake. Many family members working in various roles with in the shipping companies as sectaries agents.They have their own struggles mortgagees and get kid through Uni extra. While its has been many a time that our shipping company has struggled like all business.

You know the value of a ship loses its value 1000 US a Day. After 5 year it doubles, 10 years it doubles again. Every day you have a ship its costing you money every second. So it has to be earning you money and lots of it.

Perhaps no different from your own day to day struggles

In 2014 was bad year. I nearly ended up scuttling our ship for the insurance money as we got caught short in port with not enough money to pay for fuel crew. In fact it is a more common occurrence than people imagine dumping their ship at sea and filing for bankruptcy.

Treasure hunters are in some respect as rather selfish lot as they re chasing their personal dream at all costs. When you have commitments Its not just your life you could ruin but your whole families.

The two types of treasure hunter I have encountered where very different from each other... I have posted some on Tnet already about them.

One was an officially requested dive salvage team who was endorsed by the insurer LLOYDS grouped to recover sunken gold. Funny I later read the story that revived little if no public attention what so ever. I did find in one of the forums here some one made the rather uniformed comment of claiming it was scam without really knowing the story. Yet it was the real deal that slipped under the media. These Guys dived off the treacherous Cape horn cut their way into hull and strongroom of the ship that sunk carrying Gold from Chile to Argentina on behalf of a big mining company. It cost well over a million dollars for the project. For me my whole life is about keeping ships afloat and my expertise is just that not underwater. That is better left for the fishes than the likes of me:-) They got their pay plus bonus and was gone back to working on oil rigs around the world. Very simple their purpose was very clear.

Cost of these projects my friend is big killer.

As for the other group in 2014 their purpose was rather the opposite. In which they gave nothing away in regards to what they was after must spent at least 1.8 million. Their objectives was not shared among those outside the inner circle. You just had a role to play on a need to know basis only. It appears in their project nothing was simple at least as their was multiple complex conflicting interests with officials and others involved.

While treasure legends are great my friend. The deeper YOU research into them the host of problems you discover. For example just because you discover some thing its not finders keepers. Even in the islands in the Pacific legally belong to some one. For example if some one dug your backyard up how would you feel? Yet with all these alleged buried treasure locations it on land owned by some one. And even if you manage the almost impossible and find some thing without the government whose territory it is in claiming it as cultural patrimony? Reading through IPUK post he began to see those similar problems in his own project.

I guess Don Jose could enlighten you further about that prospect? yet that is what you face. And what if you actually recover in secret with for example 14 tons of gold you have the same complex problem as the pirates has when they first stole this alleged treasure. Converting it to liquid assets. You cannot just rock up to a bank and say can you bank this for me?

While you might get a bemused cynical just another conspiracy theorist accusation by our alleged esteemed academia and by authorities. As soon as you show gold the knives come out with the Lawsuits. And wheres there blood the vultures will soon follow.

While I have not doubt some of these newspaper stories can lead to lost treasure if you can work out the fact from the fiction. But doing so that may destroy you financially.

For me while others take insult being called an chair treasure hunter who enjoys reading everyone posts here. I love the term myself as I know I am not putting all my hard won achievements at risk not at least my children future livelihood at risk.

Mal
Wow i never thought the shipping enterprise could be so up and down. But i guess so does everything else. Do you find the china and other asian nations dominate the market since they really screw their workers and things are just above board?. Cant say i have any experience in that field. I come from a excavation/mining background. Been doing it since i left school. But your right on the whole treasure hunter side. The gov's do have you over a barrel. You either do the right thing and have either all or most of your recovery taken. Your you go the other way and do it illeagly and bam your done.

Nothing wrong with been armchair hunter. You could step it up a notch if you desired to becoming a researcher. You could be the go to guy for others on certain topics.

OP
OP
marticus

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I beleive our mutral friends may already have claim to what ever may lie in regards to this story.
The clues and movements add up

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow i never thought the shipping enterprise could be so up and down. But i guess so does everything else. Do you find the china and other asian nations dominate the market since they really screw their workers and things are just above board?. Cant say i have any experience in that field. I come from a excavation/mining background. Been doing it since i left school. But your right on the whole treasure hunter side. The gov's do have you over a barrel. You either do the right thing and have either all or most of your recovery taken. Your you go the other way and do it illeagly and bam your done.

Nothing wrong with been armchair hunter. You could step it up a notch if you desired to becoming a researcher. You could be the go to guy for others on certain topics.

Hello Marticus for the average general seaman. The basic wage is about 450 US per month if they have a lot of tickets etc perhaps 850. A captain maybe 6- 7000 per month. various officer positions such mate 47000 or engineering officer somewhat below below again. There are many Asian shipping companies aggressively under cutting the market by pay permissible wages underneath theses figure. even us cheap working Chilean are being out priced by Asian labor costs. once a ship is operating out in international waters most not obligated to pay minimum wage only as the free market dictates.

For the sounds of things you have enjoyed the Australasian mining boom for a time but I hear it all gone now.

Mal

OP
OP
marticus

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello Marticus for the average general seaman. The basic wage is about 450 US per month if they have a lot of tickets etc perhaps 850. A captain maybe 6- 7000 per month. various officer positions such mate 47000 or engineering officer somewhat below below again. There are many Asian shipping companies aggressively under cutting the market by pay permissible wages underneath theses figure. even us cheap working Chilean are being out priced by Asian labor costs. once a ship is operating out in international waters most not obligated to pay minimum wage only as the free market dictates.

For the sounds of things you have enjoyed the Australasian mining boom for a time but I hear it all gone now.

Mal
Yea it sure has quited down. The gov saw to that by double taxing the companies and also throwing a carbon tax on top. A few closed and other dialed right back on staff and work to save costs. Theres a big infrostructure boom on atm which im working in. Again though its also become asia mostly china dominated. They buy up 4 or more blocks and put up 10-14 story appartments. They are going up everywhere. But then the chinese will come in buy 70% of them as investments. Driving the house market right up. We pay 450 a week just for our place. Thats the aus gov again ruineing the country and selling out lands and assets in the name of progress.

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Alas my friend it commitments that entrap me. My world is my ship and as and sea captain will tell you its their expensive fancy women as she sure costs you a lot of money.

Here is a clip of the engine room.

Not mine but an example how vast engine rooms can be. It an little unknown world below decks I avoid it like the plague as engine rooms these days as it was once my domain when I was once chief engineer. That is why you have a chief engineer. The captain is the CEO of the operation relying on his expertise of his officers and crew. And a good crew cost money. i remember the days when below decks was my domain and on voyage you never get to see the light of day. Today my first office is in charge of the bridge as I am executive officer gloried clerk. Although we have rank we are still rather laid back. But officially the buck stops with me. All decisions rest on my head. For me to make correct decision I have know every job on the ship and every nut and bolt. So you can see your mentally and physically married to the ship.My wife laughs and says if my other women.

Mal

OP
OP
marticus

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Alas my friend it commitments that entrap me. My world is my ship and as and sea captain will tell you its their expensive fancy women as she sure costs you a lot of money.

Here is a clip of the engine room.

Not mine but an example how vast engine rooms can be. It an little unknown world below decks I avoid it like the plague as engine rooms these days as it was once my domain when I was once chief engineer. That is why you have a chief engineer. The captain is the CEO of the operation relying on his expertise of his officers and crew. And a good crew cost money. i remember the days when below decks was my domain and on voyage you never get to see the light of day. Today my first office is in charge of the bridge as I am executive officer gloried clerk. Although we have rank we are still rather laid back. But officially the buck stops with me. All decisions rest on my head. For me to make correct decision I have know every job on the ship and every nut and bolt. So you can see your mentally and physically married to the ship.My wife laughs and says if my other women.

Mal

Thats awesome. Seems nothing has changed from the early sailing age. All the best and most experience captains started at the bottom or on the deck. But thats how someone truly learns the in and outs of them and anything really. Same as me started as a labourer..then small machines like 1-3t. Now i drive 50t. Dump.trucks..loaders anything now.
Id be happy with a 40footer like this. But yeah. She will be like a second wife lol.
This would be my biggest quest as such. Get something like this. To use to discover new wrecks and travel the oceans following up on leads and stories. Discovering new and un charted wrecks.
c8e2528d10654335d90671e5b2f5b283.jpg

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome. Seems nothing has changed from the early sailing age. All the best and most experience captains started at the bottom or on the deck. But thats how someone truly learns the in and outs of them and anything really. Same as me started as a labourer..then small machines like 1-3t. Now i drive 50t. Dump.trucks..loaders anything now.
Id be happy with a 40footer like this. But yeah. She will be like a second wife lol.
This would be my biggest quest as such. Get something like this. To use to discover new wrecks and travel the oceans following up on leads and stories. Discovering new and un charted wrecks.
c8e2528d10654335d90671e5b2f5b283.jpg

Nice boat. A nice one for coastal cruising not for deep ocean transits. A good one for inshore cruising. But you never know perhaps one day you will get your wish.

Mal

OP
OP
marticus

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hey guys managed to get my hands on this book finally. So its accually 3 books in one. The 1st is a fiction story about the theft of the treasure. Based on the facts but turned into a full length story to help fill the book.
2nd book is the story of Howe. His history and the details of his expedition in search.
3rd book is a detailed account of George hamiltons adventure and search.

It has several pictures. I have not read it all yet. But its a start

20170127_121227.jpg 20170127_121303.jpg 20170127_121312.jpg 20170127_122602.jpg

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys managed to get my hands on this book finally. So its accually 3 books in one. The 1st is a fiction story about the theft of the treasure. Based on the facts but turned into a full length story to help fill the book.
2nd book is the story of Howe. His history and the details of his expedition in search.
3rd book is a detailed account of George hamiltons adventure and search.

It has several pictures. I have not read it all yet. But its a start

View attachment 1407314 View attachment 1407315 View attachment 1407316 View attachment 1407317

Any updates on your research?

Here is an picture of the alleged author searching for the treasure.

51f04xUECKL._SY379_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Mal

OP
OP
marticus

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Any updates on your research?

Here is an picture of the alleged author searching for the treasure.

View attachment 1426679

Mal
Howdy mal.
Not much to provide honestly i hadnt really done mucu since then. Been quite busy with work and family commitments. I did manage to photograph the book. But i need to re do about 40 pages that turned out blury. I did do some small looking into some decendents of hamilton to try and track them down. But i didnt get very far. Its something i would like to continue looking into. But also waiting to see if the trio was after this one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello marticus

Thanks for the update. I read of a man by the name of James Williamson who heard of the story from another mariner of stories. He believes he has found the location of this alleged treasure. He is trying to get funding for an expedition. As for trio you mention I do not know for sure what they went after as I was not privy to their inner most secrets. traveling especially chartering a yacht in polynesia is so expensive.

Mal

OP
OP
marticus

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello marticus

Thanks for the update. I read of a man by the name of James Williamson who heard of the story from another mariner of stories. He believes he has found the location of this alleged treasure. He is trying to get funding for an expedition. As for trio you mention I do not know for sure what they went after as I was not privy to their inner most secrets. traveling especially chartering a yacht in polynesia is so expensive.

Mal
Heu Mal. Funny you mention James williamson. I just happened to come across his page looking for funding and such last nite. I was trying to locate a copy of hamiltons book and it came up in my searching. His pages seem to date from a few months back. Looks to live in the UK also.
But hows that such a small world we live in.
I did also come across an interesting turn of events. Another page i found referred to the book authour as a different last name. But gave more details of the authour. Could be a new lead. That the authour George Hamilton. His last name may have been a decoy to throw off those trying to track him down. Yes im not sure of the trio and their secrete ways. They could be after something entierly different but still within the same part of the sea. Time will tell. But i think something lies out that area. My other project didnt quit go the way i had hoped. Perhaps its time i take a deep look at this.
Marticus

Last edited:

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer

Assuming this is the exact same yarn that's been told here on a few other occasions before (and I'm pretty confident it is), as far as I was told by Kanacki himself, it was actually Crow who was the "Australian man who found a cache of medallions" on the island.

He had somehow gotten himself shipwrecked there, found the medallions, was rescued, and the rest, as they say, is history. Unfortunately, I don't know the rest of the "meats & potatoes" of the story....you all know how the trio tend to tell 'em....in tiny bits and pieces!

Supposedly, there was even a time when Crow had decided to ease up to a bar one evening for some good ol' fashioned boozing and somehow the topic of the Treasure of the Tuamotos was brought up, after which, some drunken moron started telling Crow about how HE was the one that actually found the medallions, obviously having absolutely no idea that the guy he was spinning this blatant lie to was the ACTUAL guy who had found them!!

All the best-
-Justin

OP
OP
marticus

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Assuming this is the exact same yarn that's been told here on a few other occasions before (and I'm pretty confident it is), as far as I was told by Kanacki himself, it was actually Crow who was the "Australian man who found a cache of medallions" on the island.

He had somehow gotten himself shipwrecked there, found the medallions, was rescued, and the rest, as they say, is history. Unfortunately, I don't know the rest of the "meats & potatoes" of the story....you all know how the trio tend to tell 'em....in tiny bits and pieces!

Supposedly, there was even a time when Crow had decided to ease up to a bar one evening for some good ol' fashioned boozing and somehow the topic of the Treasure of the Tuamotos was brought up, after which, some drunken moron started telling Crow about how HE was the one that actually found the medallions, obviously having absolutely no idea that the guy he was spinning this blatant lie to was the ACTUAL guy who had found them!!

All the best-
-Justin

Hey Justin.
Wow man interesting back story. Fancy that old pirate bum being the finder. He never let that one slip to me. Here i was about to look deeply into this and commit some big man hours to some research.
I did see knacki's post on the treasureworks forum when i started to look a bit more into it. How interesting that it has some good back history and truth.
I have been trying to put together the puzzle.
Cheers
Marticus

OP
OP
marticus

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
George Farwell wrote about the story of the Tuamotu treasure in 1937, 2 years before Hamilton released his novel on the Tuamotu Treasure. Farwell released his tale in the Queenslander Newspaper in 1937.
26 May 1937 - THE TREASURE of TUAMOTU - Trove

some back history on George Farwell.

George Michell Farwell (1911-1976), author and traveller, was born on 3 October 1911 at Bath, Somerset, England, elder son of George Douglas Farwell, motor engineer, and his wife Eleanor Grace, née Jones. George attended a number of schools, in later years recalling with affection the Progressive School at Battersea, which encouraged creativity, and with abhorrence the Cardinal Vaughan School, Westminster, which he described as Dickensian, 'its burly, black-robed brothers obsessed with faith, but strangers to charity or hope'. He was rescued from this agony by his uncle, the prominent barrister Tyldesley Jones, who paid for his tuition at Seafield Park, near Southampton.
His mother died in the year that Farwell left Forest School, Walthamstow, prematurely at 17; his father died some months later, leaving him and his brother a small bequest from investments. Disenchanted with clerical work and six months on the dole in Depression-ridden London, in 1933 George joined an expedition to search for buried treasure in French Polynesia. The search came to nothing, but it gave him an eighteen-month idyll in Tahiti—'so enchanting I could hardly believe it real'—and it nourished a wanderlust that propelled him into new adventures for the rest of his life.
Farwell arrived in Sydney in 1935. With his bequest, good looks and sense of style, and an aptitude for making useful contacts, he savoured the city's café society for eight months before being motivated to work, taking jobs as a deckhand, casual wharf labourer and goldminer. He also began writing adventure stories for the Sydney Mail and acting in radio serials. Drifting into freelance writing, he used his experiences as raw material, subsequently noting that he made as much from writing about gold as digging for it. But his first few years in Australia were lean times. On 15 February 1938 at the district registrar's office, North Sydney, Farwell married a secretary Grace Patricia Minty; they were to have two children. Patricia found the early days of marriage special and exciting, but George found marriage a folly that was 'not amenable to rational explanation', and left it in 1953, although he was often absent for long periods before then. They were divorced in 1958.
The outback had become an obsession and the setting for most of Farwell's books, articles and radio broadcasts, as he travelled constantly through Australia, later visiting North and South America, Europe, South-East Asia and the Pacific Islands, sometimes for months. His first book, Down Argent Street (Sydney, 1948), was about Broken Hill, and his favourite was Land of Mirage (Melbourne, 1950), the story of the Birdsville Track and its people. Articles or books inevitably succeeded his travels, for his twin loves—travel and writing—fed on each other. Last Days in Paradise (London, 1964) followed a return to Tahiti and Mask of Asia (Melbourne, 1966) a stay in the Philippines; the latter won the Rothmans-Moomba Festival book award in 1967 for the Australian book of the year. He published twenty-two books, including biographies of Charles Sturt and E. D. S. Ogilvie, and the autobiographical Rejoice in Freedom (Melbourne, 1976).

:goldbar::skullflag::occasion14:

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello marticus

George Farwell wrote a book Rejoice in Freedom, that tells of his journey to search for treasure and he claims in book after searching Pinacki and finding no treasurethey went to Tepoto. In his book he was very critical of George Hamilton Snowball. There was no love lost between them.

He was just an investor hired to come along and work in recovering the alleged treasure. Strange enough Tepoto has some thing very strange. A sink hole cave in the middle of the atoll. In the late 1980'searly 90's a local native lived there half crazy looking for gold, he was apparently one of descendants of one of 1930 expedition that stayed in Tahiti and had a family there..Since that time a few people have searched there.Some french and Italians in 1997 searched there after the Australian in 1994.

I heard the following vessel was charted in 2015 very made a trip there to explore the underwater cave which acts like a giant siphon. The crews was very tight lipped in Tahiti. Some one in the states was funding it. Rumored to be a company from the united states connected to big name movie producer.

_MG_8360.JPG

One of crew talked they were there to film whales for a 3-d movie. However the ship was diverted to Teopto? Perhaps to explore this underwater cave? The atoll has a small pass only big enough for a small boat not a ship. There is no safe anchorage off the atolls. see the entrance below.

250211_atoll_Tepoto_un_des_plus_petits_des_Tuamotu.jpg

Mal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread