OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
I forgot yet another potential "player" in that mix of European powers that were active at least in Mexico - Austria. Maximilian had a relatively small force of loyal Austrian troops, as well as Austrian mining engineers, railroad and road building engineers etc with him in Mexico, and of course we know French troops were tramping all over Mexico entirely for a period of 1862-66, with the Austrians remaining until the death of Maximilian in '67. Anyway Drake had landed in California and claimed it for England in 1579, the French were sending expeditions to reach New Mexico in the mid-1600s, and Spanish expeditions were trekking north from the late 1500s up to Mexican independence in 1821. Many people are shocked to learn there are Spanish and Mexican land grants in Colorado, and we know that the Franciscan padres were quite active explorers (like father Garces mentioned earlier or the Escalante-Dominguez expedition which MAY have entered central Nevada)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominguez-Escalante_Expedition

I would like to see a few photos of any of the signs you may share, if you can do so comfortably (do not include enough background area in a photo that someone might be able to find your site) heck you may have found an historic site with great repercussions for our history books! If your photos do show too much background terrain, perhaps you could "crop" them so that only the symbols/signs or carvings found remain? Thank you in advance,

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee:

KXMember

Dec 19, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
OKM
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435862910.658399.jpg

bonuntr

Jun 7, 2012
Utah's Outback
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 LE, Garrett Eagle Eye Deepseeker, Goldbug 2, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Super 500 Deepseeker, (old, but fun)!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone...

The photo below is of a mark I found in N. Nevada. I highlighted it, ( the photo, not the rock), so you could see it easier. Any idea of what this was supposed to mean? There is a very old foundation nearby,(underground about 30 inches), and what appears to be a rock wall. The wall runs approx. 1700 feet, and was never over 3 feet high. (see photo). The other photo is a mark that is nearby, (933 feet). Any ideas?
highlightedlucinutah.JPG
rockwall.JPG
markatlucinut.JPG

lgadbois

Mar 20, 2003
I interpret the drawing to mean that something is located or buried where the lines cross. Look for landmarks that could be described by the symbols at the ends of the lines.Good luck!

St. Jerome

Feb 21, 2005
I found a mine I believe to be called the san ignacio mine. I have just recently figured out what types of rock they were mining.Ignacio is the guy that started the jesuit order. It is an IRGS type situation with seven tunnels. I have over a hundred sybols put by spanish figures to guide the right person there. I have located 7 actual tunnels on the system one of which catacombs the side of the canyon. I have an inscription of something claing it was discovrd in 1539.I know that changes history but followed these symbols to an actual mine. I am going to take tours there as it is illeagle to get a claim there.lol

lgadbois

Mar 20, 2003
Is this the San Ignacio Mine that is on the ridge near the Salero Mine? There is also a mine by the same name west of Cerro Colorado on the reservation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
That mention of the Drake Plate in another thread, reminded me about the English interest in California and the southwest - and they KNEW there was gold and silver to be had, apparently even before the Spanish!

Our General called this country Nova Albion, and that for two causes; the one in respect of the white banks and cliffs, which lie towards the sea, and the other, because it might have some affinity with our country in name, which sometime was so called. There is no part of earth here to be taken up, wherein there is not some probable show of gold or silver.

<The Famous Voyage of Sir Francis Drake into the South Sea, and there hence about the whole Globe of the Earth, begun in the year of our Lord 1577. by Francis Pretty, One of Drake's Gentlemen at arms.>

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Very interesting thread! The old Jesuit museum in Hazelwood Missouri had Fr. DeSmidts grave as well as their Mission to help teach the Indians some sort of trade. All of this was kept original down to the beds. Also was paintings of their routs and locations from their trips. I was there and had a personal viewing with several people with the monsignor that was the curator of this museum. I had my camara with me but I couldn't get enough good light to take a good picture. I couldn't get the detail I wanted. since then the church has moved all of the items to downtown St. Louis to the new museum at St.Louis University off of Grand Blvd. this entire thread is beckoning me to go there to the new museum and try to take more pictures of the paintings/maps and any displays they have. their was the orginal graves of Fr. DeSmidt and a lot of others that im not sure if they moved their graves or not. that property was sold to a school. Ill have to make it a point to go there!

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent the last two days exploring around an old French fort and Indian settlement. After talking to the resident historian. I noticed that not one of them knew of the Jesuits influence on the area. Their marking were everywhere. I asked them if they knew if they were there. Just to see what they said. The answer was no knowledge of their existing in the area. So I took a few small stones from the ground and showed the historian. They was amazed. That goes to show you how well they hid their messages. How many others have run into this problem?

captbo

Jan 1, 2015
Calvert Co Md / Atlantic NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800.Garrett AT Pro,Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Garrett Ace 250
Deteknix X pointer
Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings friends,
This thread was not created for debating whether the Jesuits had any kind of mining activities anywhere in the New World, that is the subject of at least two other threads. The mere mention of it does draw "fire" of course.

I was curious about just how many legends of "Jesuit" lost mines we can list. Of course if you choose to accept the expressed innocence of the Jesuits, and see that it is the only "logical" choice, that is your prerogative. However as Smokey (Stover) said, 'Whar thar's foo, thar's fire'. I do not see how it is possible to conclude the whole of every Jesuit who ever trod the New world, speaking of any kind of involvement with mining, (using logic) with the odd combinations of circumstantial evidence, that NOT A SINGLE ONE WAS EVER GUILTY OF ANY KIND OF INFRACTION. I would not believe this of ANY group, including every religious order that ever existed in the world. Even the apostles made mistakes.

Lamar, Gollum was pointing out that we KNOW of misbehavior, both within the Catholic church as well as within the Jesuits; this hardly qualifies as proof that ALL were guilty, but that INDIVIDUALS behaved badly. Let us try this one more way; suppose that an American soldier went and raped a girl in a foreign country. Does this PROVE that ALL American Soldiers MUST be rapists, or that it was the policy of the US Army to have the soldiers rape? Hardly, it is the misbehavior of an INDIVIDUAL, that casts a shadow on the group, rightfully or wrongfully.

Oroblanco

Well put,, Evil is everywhere ! and yes I know this is from 2007 I agree with the above!

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Roy is, of course, correct. Anyone who claims the Jesuit's were perfect is defying logic. On the other hand, finding a "Jesuit" treasure or mine is like finding the proverbial needle in a haystack.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone on here ever been on a site of the Jesuits? If so why is Peter used. I understand he was the unofficial first pope. Another thing is all the dark evil references. The reference to Satan's pit. As far as Peter is concerned I know that the site is not what it appears. The word Sin I think is just a hint to another kind of clue. I think I know what it is. As far as finding the proverbial needle is concerned. I believe you are either lead there by a higher power or it's your destiny. With that being said finding and knowing what to do with it is the key. Their sites are a place of strange happening. There is a spiritual life at work on one of their sites. There has been so much of their stuff being dug up here lately. That is if you know their work. These shadow signs are a works on art not to mention the stone,glass or whatever they decided to put their mark on. For those out there that knows their work pm me. I may have a question for me

GBABC
BOB

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sanyoita if I spelled it correctly. Just across the border from Lukeville, AZ.
There is the mission that the locals were going to rebuild. The locals stated to a friend that all the gold mined there was from placer mining. That good enough for proof of the Jesuits mining in the new world?

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does any of you know of lost Jesuit sites east of the Mississippi?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob,

Most of the Jesuit Activity East of the Mississippi were French Jesuits. Sorry, but my knowledge of French Jesuits is limited. Most all of my research is on German/Spanish/Italian Jesuits.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread