the big problem with huge finds, more trouble than they?re worth? here?s an example

lilorphanannie

Apr 19, 2008
[FONT=&quot]This is also a google earth image of an hacienda. It was an hacienda where bulls were raised for bullfighting. This particular hacienda was lost. It was lost in the sense that its original name,the one associated with the treasure story. It is now known by another name. It was actually abandoned for many years but through a title search and a genealogist it is now a weekend getaway for the rightful owners. Anyway there is a safe hidden on this property. The dimensions are 5x4x8 feet. It is full of hallmarked gold ingots. The story is well documented, and an added plus is that as of the 1990?s there were eyewitnesses still living to attest to the delivery of the gold. Noone has been able to locate this safe,as the recipient of the gold,owned several haciendas, and this one was kept in secret because it was where his mistress stayed, and as mentioned the name given for this place was forgotten. The gold was delivered by two army trucks in the 1930s to a military general from the President of the Republic as payment for a lifetime of services rendered. This military general died in his sleep never revealing where the safe was hidden. Suffice it to say that without going into details for obvious reasons ,again the logistics of trying to move this ,is overwhelming and potentially dangerous. For the moment,the safe ,is safe right where its at, I have also tried to interest a professional search team to come down and help me but they also gave a dozen reasons to say no. Still working on it.[/FONT]

Attachments

• las terrazas (1).jpg
    las terrazas (1).jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 108

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That,s a fine story!I can think of one reason to not go there,it,s in Mexico?Find it and you,ll have more troubles than you ever wanted and in the end no gold probably.That,s the way these things usually end unless you can keep it very quiet and I don,t see that happening here.

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[FONT="]This is also a google earth image of an hacienda. It was an hacienda where bulls were raised for bullfighting. This particular hacienda was lost. It was lost in the sense that its original name,the one associated with the treasure story. It is now known by another name. It was actually abandoned for many years but through a title search and a genealogist it is now a weekend getaway for the rightful owners. Anyway there is a safe hidden on this property. The dimensions are 5x4x8 feet. It is full of hallmarked gold ingots. The story is well documented, and an added plus is that as of the 1990?s there were eyewitnesses still living to attest to the delivery of the gold. Noone has been able to locate this safe,as the recipient of the gold,owned several haciendas, and this one was kept in secret because it was where his mistress stayed, and as mentioned the name given for this place was forgotten. The gold was delivered by two army trucks in the 1930s to a military general from the President of the Republic as payment for a lifetime of services rendered. This military general died in his sleep never revealing where the safe was hidden. Suffice it to say that without going into details for obvious reasons ,again the logistics of trying to move this ,is overwhelming and potentially dangerous. For the moment,the safe ,is safe right where its at, I have also tried to interest a professional search team to come down and help me but they also gave a dozen reasons to say no. Still working on it.[/FONT]

Hola amigo

Nothing is easy amigo.

It comes down to how much you want it and risk involved in losing what you already have? If this gold belonged to an army general from the 1930's and you go public you could face claims of restitutions as it might be claimed as blood payments in connection to the The Cristero War, also known as the Cristero Rebellion or La Cristiada?

So any such find properly would not be in of best interests to make public as it could attract all sort of legal claims. Regardless of who was in power back then made a legitimate transaction. It could be seem today as nothing more than graft by the present government.

Kanacki.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sounds like it comes down to three challenges:
1. Access
2. Discovery
3. Recovery (of the safe's contents and your team)
For Discovery, I'd initially use a helicopter and/or drone with a mag. attachment.
Don...

OP
OP
lilorphanannie

lilorphanannie

Apr 19, 2008
I try to find for what I call a working model. In this case ,similar treasure finds,here in Mexico, to compare what method or process worked ,or didnt work on other recoveries. I have lived and worked here in mining over 25 years and know how things work. Its not nearly as bad as most people on the outside seem to believe. The legal obligations are already made clear. I agree wholeheartedly with the idea of being descreet,but the safest way to do these things in this culture is to be completely open and transparent So ,its an interesting challenge,and since its a hobby, there is no pressure to succeed ,nor to fail and disappoint. All comments are welcome and most of you guys are much more knowledgeable about the treasure game than I. Thanks for taking a look. If we ever get in a position to move forward on this I will post the results .

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
I try to find for what I call a working model. In this case ,similar treasure finds,here in Mexico, to compare what method or process worked ,or didnt work on other recoveries. I have lived and worked here in mining over 25 years and know how things work. Its not nearly as bad as most people on the outside seem to believe. The legal obligations are already made clear. I agree wholeheartedly with the idea of being descreet,but the safest way to do these things in this culture is to be completely open and transparent So ,its an interesting challenge,and since its a hobby, there is no pressure to succeed ,nor to fail and disappoint. All comments are welcome and most of you guys are much more knowledgeable about the treasure game than I. Thanks for taking a look. If we ever get in a position to move forward on this I will post the results .

Gidday lilorphanannie

Nothing is easy in what happens next there are no text books. The more people involved the more problems you face. While it would be nice to think a clear and open dialogue with parties involved. It does not take long for human frailties to surface. Regardless of it being in Mexico or not as this is a universal problem.

I think for your part of the equation is your services of expertise. While the legal options are clear enough what is not clear what ground rules you have with the interested parties in the matter? I think in due course set some ground rules in the process of turning the treasure into liquid assets. Form a company to create a legal entity open a company bank account and disperse the deposits over many banking institutions. Your bushiness partners have the lion share and your role I gather for a percentage which is reflected in the company shares. As assets are sold off in portions dividends paid accordingly to agreed upon share arrangement. Having a legal entity such as company that protects you and your partners interests.

I have had multiple companies over the last 20 years. Some times as CEO or directorship. They come and go as their need changes over time.Each one of these business entities generate income in dividend payments. And directors fees. Your role is overseeing the liquidation of primary assets into money.

There are ways and means amigo.

Crow

OP
OP
lilorphanannie

lilorphanannie

Apr 19, 2008
thanks for taking the time to respond and the valuable advice. Although its may be hard to believe to be true, I am not highly motivated by money, nor do I need any more. I do recieve great satisfaction in finding things, mainly mineral deposits. Along the way ,people have brought me incredible things asking for help, Aztec treasures , valuable artwork, a rare violin, and this is one of them.They trust me and I dont want to let them down. I have lived my whole adult life, under the radar so to speak ,and self sufficient,so the idea of business ,investors and the like is way over my head. I think at some point through descreet fact finding ,we can develop a script of sorts that will allow us to move forward on this. If not, well ,nothing has changed .Its life as usual.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread