KGC in Florida leads?

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
not only kgc sites in arcadia, a few pirates liked the clay there also..............gldhntr

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
''Since there was no Arcadia until 1884'' =========where better to hide your treasures than in the middle of no-where, where the digging is horrendous, and the clay there to keep your cache ''proofed'' from the elements.........

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
ocalasix said:
all,

anybody know of any leads or ideas where the KGC were in Florida??.....gregg
Gregg, Read my post under swamp gold if you haven't already. I don't know if it could be considered KGC...any help would be apprec.

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
Dell:
You say that you have researched The "KGC" ?
Where Can I find Actual, Factual Historical References to prove they actually existed!
I have heard a lot of talk about them ?
But!
No one has ever produced any !
Can you give me a list, or partial list ?
No Authors, etc, just factual info, !
Thanks!
Cptbil & Bugs !

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Re: KGC in Florida leads? - Did the KGC exist? You betcha they did.

Hello Capbild, See the index to the Official Records of the Union and Confederacy for some period references to the Knights of the Golden Circle. I've lost the link but they can be found in hard copy at most university libraries and also online for free. See also the Indianapolis treason trial records for more period references to the knights of the golden Circle. See accounts of the Battle of Pogue run (Indiana) for an account of the thwarting of the attempted attack on the POW camps to free the confederate prisoners sponsored by the KGC. See many books listed in the bibliography in Brewer's Shadow of the sentinel. That should serve to prove they existed. You'll have to look further to prove that they had money and hid money. Anyone who dug any of it up and blabbed would be a damned fool. I guarantee the feds would seize all of it as spoils of war. exanimo, ss

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
k.g.c. research is not the kind you look in a certain book for your needed information...you have to research different meetings, and get togethers, government investigations, confederate secret service,official government records, etc...,,, then you take the names you found in this info, and research them,,,,not just the person but every aspect of his life.....i have found references to a few of these people in reference to arcadia florida, and also associated caches of large amounts in relation to kgc and arcadia....these are not some ones thoughts or guesses, but handwritten accounts, found in personal papers, and official government records....wonder where i started ? wonder if they existed ? try googling this for a starting point ''K.G.C. National Convention, Raliegh, 1860 '' this is a starting point....if you are man enough to do the research required to connect this meeting, to treasures buried in florida by this group., go ahead,, but keep in mind that you will read many, many hours before you will find it.....my guess is that the average researcher will give up about two hundred miles too short......preseverance in researching this group is the ONLY way to learn anything about them.......There is no book, or single record that will tell you much, you have to read all you can find, and then put it together as one would a crossword puzzle before you will learn enough to bother searching for even the smallest of their caches..........as for the pirate treasure i mentioned,, it is just something i have heard several times throughout the past several years,, no proof offered......................gldhntr

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
KGC in Central Florida

Gregg, Read my post under swamp gold if you haven't already. I don't know if it could be considered KGC...any help would be apprec.

Gregg,also read my post under SWAMP GOLD.
Research the connections between Ocala/Marion county residents-John Martin(CONFEDERATE CONGRESS member)CSA Brig Gen Robert Bullock,and CSA Capt John Jackson Dickinson with CSA Sec of War John Breckinridge.
Also research the old derelict ODD FELLOWS HALL in Ocala(it was demolished in the early '60's),located on the street behind the old Jewish cemetary on Magnolia Ave. Many Confederate items were found there,including CSA artillery short swords,paper money,and various other items.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread