Updated! Is this a turtle? Or am I dreaming?

kimmie4476

Nov 26, 2008
Ok, so I was driving around and I saw this thing up on the top of a mountain.....I am new at this, and wondered if this is natural or man made...what do you think? P.S. I only had my crappy digital camera with me with no zoom capabilities at all. The second pic is from a different angle where it looks like a "V" is carved on the "shell" And, last but not least, a heart (I'm pretty sure it's natural though)

Attachments

• dragoons 15.JPG
    dragoons 15.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,735
  • dragoons 16.JPG
    dragoons 16.JPG
    325.2 KB · Views: 1,733
  • dragoons 012.jpg
    dragoons 012.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,741
OP
OP
K

kimmie4476

Nov 26, 2008
Re: Is this a turtle? Or am I dreaming?

Found a triangle too

Attachments

• dragoons 17.JPG
    dragoons 17.JPG
    325.4 KB · Views: 1,440
OP
OP
K

kimmie4476

Nov 26, 2008

WOW, and a UFO!!!!! ;D

Attachments

• dragoons 18.JPG
    dragoons 18.JPG
    326.1 KB · Views: 1,402

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008

Hi kimmie and welcome to treasurenet!

Hey it looks like it would be worth a little hike up there. That does not look like a turtle to me but looks like there is something behind those bushes on the left!

To me the heart does look manmade. Notice the straight edges to it in the left? It looks more like a pointer ...go up to it and look the way it is pointing and maybe you will see something interesting!

The mark on the turtle i can make out but no idea if it is natural or man made..looks like a V...

OP
OP
K

kimmie4476

Nov 26, 2008

HI, thank you for your reply.....I am a total newbie at this, so when you say see where the heart is pointing...which part would be pointing? If it is the "point of the heart, it would be at the ground...so would that mean "dig here?" I will try to post some more pics of the surrounding area now. Thank you all so much for your help!!

OP
OP
K

kimmie4476

Nov 26, 2008

here is one pic...

Attachments

• dragoons 011.jpg
    dragoons 011.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 1,625

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Neat pictures. That "kinda" looks like a turtle, but what is most interesting is the close proximity of the "heart". I assume it's right below the "turtle" right? Also the V is quite nice, but it's hard to make out in the grainy picture. These would all be something I would take an interest in being so close together. Might wanna take a trip back out there and get some real pictures. Also wouldn't hurt to look around the base of the "heart" to see if there are any markers there or anything buried close to it. If not, head the direction of the turtle head is pointing and look for more markers.

soopacee

Apr 27, 2008
Pottsville, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Nel Tornando,
Garrett Carrot PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

that does look like a frickin ufo haha

OP
OP
K

kimmie4476

Nov 26, 2008

So, with a "V", do you follow the point of the V or where it is open? if you look, there is a triangle on a rock below it and to the left (where I have an arrow) is that also significant or does it look natural? also, on the rocks below the turtle it looked like maybe an H and maybe a cross (or maybe my eyes were just playing tricks on me) that you can't see in the pictures. There were some eye catchers on the mountain to the right of this range (I'll borrow my stepdaughter's good camera and take some more pics next week of the whole area)

The reason why I ask about the V is because the heart is on the opposite side of the mountain which the open side of the V would point to. So maybe I have 2 trails to follow.

And to pick your brains even more (thank you guys so much for your help by the way!) does the formation that the heart is in front of look natural? it looks like a mountain lion to me, facing a direction. I have a pic that is farther away, (but not through the trees) that I'll post here. But if you need a closer look, see the post above.

This mountain range was full of indians back in the day for sure, (petroglyphs have been dated back to the 1700's) and I'm also pretty sure the spainards were here too. There is a long history of mining in the area as well, so this leads me to believe there are many shafts or maybe buried treasure in the area

Attachments

• dragoons 19.JPG
    dragoons 19.JPG
    487.3 KB · Views: 1,615

minetres

Mar 13, 2008

Kimmie,

You have a real site here. Around this turtle is where the Treasure or mine is hidden looking at some of the mounuments it is here with in 100 feet of the turtle. The heart stands for Gold and this site is Spanish. You will want too spend some time here. Take some time it may take awhile. Take alot of pictures from many differnt directions between the hours of 0900 and 1100.

minetres

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Kimmie,
The V isn't meant to be followed, it is there for other reasons. Is the "turtle" on the ridge directly above the heart shaped rock? The only things that are important at this site are the "turtle" shaped rock, the V, and the heart shaped rock. Ignore everything else unless you find something that was actually carved into the rock, like a map or symbol. Please go out and take good pictures of the site, also please draw on a map where everything is in relation to each other.

OP
OP
K

kimmie4476

Nov 26, 2008

The heart is on the other side of the mountain, so it probably means I have 2 trails to follow? I plan to go up next Monday and see what's by the "turtle" and the "V"- it doesn't look like too hard of a climb, but I didn't want to do it yesterday as I was by myself. I will try to borrow my stepdaughter's camera today after school (I'm in nursing school) and maybe take some better pictures to post this afternoon. If I can get someone to go with me, maybe I'll try to get closer this afternoon. Either way, I'll work on a map

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

kimmie4476 said:
The heart is on the other side of the mountain, so it probably means I have 2 trails to follow?

Nope :) Look forward to your pictures.

OP
OP
K

kimmie4476

Nov 26, 2008

Update...my stepdaughter and I went out there this afternoon and took a bunch of pictures, but she lost the cord to her camera, and will use the card reader at work tomorrow and email me the pics. We couldn't get a close enough picture to show the turtle, but we hiked around it to where we could see the "V" and on the very back of the turtle (on it's butt) is a triangle pointing at the ground. I'm not sure if it's man made or not, we'll have to look at the pics when I get them. It's possible there might be a mine up at the top off the hill as it looks like a quartz vein running through the mountain and there was quartz laying all over the ground where we were walking. So maybe the triangle points to a shaft?

We also went out to the heart rock which looked easier to reach (looked being the operative word :)) But after getting tangled up in the sticker bushes and nearly tearing my pants we realized we were sorely underdressed for this endeavor! We did however get a good pic of the rock, and after zooming in, we saw an "H" carved into it (no eyes playing tricks on us this time I'm sure)! We also found a heart rock laying on the ground half buried on the way. Needless to say, this is where I'll be going back to Monday.

While facing the mountain where the heart rock is, off to the left of it we found 3 holes up in the side of the mountain (almost in a triangle formation) which look like they may be mine entrances or something. I can't wait to show you guys the pictures!!

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What does a Triangle pointing at the ground mean. Also can anyone explain what a " V " means.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

This is getting juicy!! Can't wait to see pics ;D

OP
OP
K

kimmie4476

Nov 26, 2008

Ok, here are some of the pics we took...It would be great if you can download them and zoom in to see the details (I just finished my 12 hour shift at the hospital and am too tired to zoom in myself lol). These were taken with a Nikon DX camera, and when we zoomed in with the camera we were able to see a lot more detail than what shows up here (like the "H" on the heart) If you'll help me with this trail and need the originals, send me a PM and I will email you with them. We took quite a bit of pics and plan to go out there Monday, so any help is appreciated! Or, if I am not on the right track, please let me know!!!

Some more background and questions I have....The first "turtle" is on the front side of a mountain (you can see it where I put the turtle and eye catcher in the same pic I was pretty far away when I saw these) The turtle's head is pointing to the left (all my directions are as you are facing them and the turtle has no legs) while the eyecatcher (which also sort of looks like a turtle to me) could be pointing to the turtle or at the heart on the other side of the mountains (it looks like both directions to me) What do you think? Maybe Lamar was right about the false trail with the big turtle?

And a heart usually means gold right? So would a heart with an "H" on it mean a hole, like a gold mine? By the way, it was a total fluke that we came upon that heart on the ground on the way to the big heart as we weren't following any trail (well, one that we could see anyway!)

PLease let me know what you think!!!

Attachments

• mountains 041.JPG
    mountains 041.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,383
  • mountains 037.JPG
    mountains 037.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,410
  • mountains 036.JPG
    mountains 036.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 1,413
  • mountains 024.JPG