Treasure Signs and Symbols 101

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BUMP BUMP BUMP

There's too much excellent and usuable info in this thread to let it get too far down the section; especially on page 1.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Just for the record,... If it is a Spanish or KGC site you will find NO "dig here" signs.

These guys were serious abut all that.
you are going to have to measure out to find where they wanted you to dig.

If there is a "dig here" sign
It isn't Spanish or KGC

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rangler and Old Dog:
Is it probable that the Spanish found ALL of the Ancients' goodies? Where THEY that good?
I have been privileged to see some photos of Ancients' monuments that stand out and are obvious,
so the Spanish could have found them pretty easily, but, were the goody vaults also that easy to find?

You both have probably answered those questions before; so please indulge us one more time. :coffee2:

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Bill,
The Spanish were here for almost 350 years.
It is possible that they also took everything they mined and collected in this country with them when they left.
LOL

They were good, and very dedicated.
But as good as they were ....
I don't think they were so good as to take it all.

As far as being able to find the "goody vaults"
that's what these threads are here for.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
I guess I need to be more careful, I think you are right Thom, they did not get all of them, some are still out there, lots of work. and lots of luck. Something else that may have happened is they may, someone got close they would, , and still there, I think that's what happened at Stoneburg Texas, because one of the holes had a lip to place a cap, .... on top and the other hole was left uncovered as a decoy.. decoy. GOOD GRIEF

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your quick reply, Thom. "That's what these threads are about." LOL, guess I had a brain fart there for a minute. Of COURSE that's what these threads are about..........as the kids used to say, DUH.

I came across a map, on the web, that showed the locations of gold mines in the Appalachian Mountains, from North Georgia up to West Virginia. There were a bunch. Have you heard of much Spanish activity in those areas? After all, much of that area was a part of New Spain at one time. Just wondering. After all, one end of the Royal Road was at New Orleans and the Natchez Trace existed for all of recorded history and then some and could have been a pack route from those eastern gold fields.

Just musing..................again. :read2:

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Bill,
There have been Spanish signs clear up in Canada,
They think The original Swift mine may have been worked by the Spanish as well as Natives and Swift himself.
So yes there must have been some Spanish activity in that area.
That may account for some of the early hostility of the natives towards other white people.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Shortstack wrote
I came across a map, on the web, that showed the locations of gold mines in the Appalachian Mountains, from North Georgia up to West Virginia. There were a bunch. Have you heard of much Spanish activity in those areas? After all, much of that area was a part of New Spain at one time. Just wondering. After all, one end of the Royal Road was at New Orleans and the Natchez Trace existed for all of recorded history and then some and could have been a pack route from those eastern gold fields.

There was indeed Spanish activity on the east coast of the USA, as well as Portuguese, French, Dutch, English even the Swedes got into the act. In fact the oldest lost mine legend east of the Mississippi is the lost Apalachee gold mine of the French settlers in Florida, the Spanish even tortured the French captives in attempt to learn the location but failed. A long-lost Portuguese fort was recently found (around ten years ago) way up in Long Island area, can't find anything online about it but the cannons were still in place and it dated to the 1500's. Spanish missions were planted well up into Virginia, though they were not successful nor of long duration.
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Muchas gracias compadre, I was just checking up on you! :icon_thumleft: :tongue3: I am glad you are posting again, hope all is well with you.
your friend in 'Dakota Territory'
Roy

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Just working too much,
Getting some done on "the book"
wanting more boots on the ground time and crying about not getting what I want. LOL
The usual.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Old Dog wrote
Just working too much,

:o YIKES such FOUL LANGUAGE :o :o :o - sheesh amigo this is a family-oriented forum! :tongue3: That four-letter word is one I avoid at all times. ;D

Re: the rest of your statement - I hear you amigo, and can empathise. Time is the one treasure we can not seem to find when we need it most. Glad to hear that you are making progress, but please, DON'T work too hard (pardon my use of that dirty-four-letter-word) as it makes the rest of us look bad!
Roy

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Ground0

May 18, 2009
The Show Me State
Hello All,

Here' a rock not too far from the pyramid symbols on a bridge foundation.
I see few things, but I humbly submit it for expert perusal.

With all respects,
Happy Hunting

Attachments

• 2937.JPG
    2937.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 1,116

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
I'm Not an expert but I see what appears to be " trails separate " here, one is tough going, one is for easy trail, got that from facial features . Whats on the other side

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my mark up, the 2 rectangles enclose what MIGHT be some etchings.
The square encloses what looks like a couple of numbers.
The righthand circle notes a black shape; possibly a bird or a double triangular pointer.
The circle on the left marks a deeply incised, sharply pointed pointer.

The surrounding closely clipped grassy area makes this look like it's in somebody's backyard.

2937.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread