A Couple of Pictures Submitted for your Opinions

exiledangel

Apr 17, 2009
Commerce City, CO
OK, first picture is of what I believe is a horse shoe trail marker. What do you think?
horseshoe.jpg

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Wow exile. That ridge...is awesome! I just start laughing when i see things like that in the field because.....it seems too much and too obvious... but it could well be something. And I know soon I will be hiking up that rocky, no doubt snake infested, rise to see if it is natural or real. Love this hobby!
I'm no expert..remember that.

If these formations are out of place, what i mean to say if you look around and other rises do not have such formations, or rocks in general do not cleave that way, that is a good sign

Then think about who would see them..are you on a trail when you see them? If not natural it surely looks they are pointing toward the left.

The block headed figure is unknown to me but surely meaningful if not natural. And the figure sticking out a bit from a boulder or ridge, on the right might be important too. (Not the open mouth figure)

Because of those two figures i would be hiking up there and taking a look around in the immediate area to see what i can see. For the pointers...well..look that way :)

Hope you have fun and welcome!

OP
OP
exiledangel

exiledangel

Apr 17, 2009
Commerce City, CO
Compass Rock?

Thank you for your input Desertmoons. I am certainly going to be heading up to that ridge. I think I see several possible signs in that ridge. My only real concern on any of these pics (except the horseshoe which could have been made by an Indian or any old cowboy marking the trail) is that they aren't "South" enough. These are showing up in central Colorado and I don't believe that the Spanish made it up that far. Below is either a large rock sitting on two smaller rocks, or, it is a compass rock.
compass.jpg

OP
OP
exiledangel

exiledangel

Apr 17, 2009
Commerce City, CO
Re: Perhaps a turtle?

exiledangel said:
I see a turtle with it's mouth wide open. I also see a owl? Perhaps a couple of other items.
The more that I look at this, the more that I think it may be a eye looking off to the distance. I need to go back and look at it again and get more photos from different angles.

Itburnsus

Tenderfoot
Feb 12, 2007
Four Corners, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's Goldmaster V/sat
I have faith that the Spanish did indeed make it to central Colorado, my friend. I've found alot of Spanish trail/treasure markers in SW CO and heard lots of stories of Spanish to the north of my location. Don't discount anything yet...

OP
OP
exiledangel

exiledangel

Apr 17, 2009
Commerce City, CO
Itburnsus said:
I have faith that the Spanish did indeed make it to central Colorado, my friend. I've found alot of Spanish trail/treasure markers in SW CO and heard lots of stories of Spanish to the north of my location. Don't discount anything yet...
Thank you for your comment Itburnsus. I am very happy to hear that from another person. I have been seeing different signs forever and I just keep dismissing them because I couldn't believe that they were real due to the location. I think I shall start to follow up on them! I was starting to wonder if I was just seeing something in everything!

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear exiledangel;
From the photos you've posted, the area looks very interesting, how I'd like to cautiously advise that it will require a great deal more dedicated research and study before one can draw a definitive conclusion.
Your friend;
LAMAR

OP
OP
exiledangel

exiledangel

Apr 17, 2009
Commerce City, CO
lamar said:
Dear exiledangel;
From the photos you've posted, the area looks very interesting, how I'd like to cautiously advise that it will require a great deal more dedicated research and study before one can draw a definitive conclusion.
Your friend;
LAMAR
Thank you for your advise Lamar. I agree, as with anything of this type, research is the key. I don't believe that I am even close to drawing a definitive conclusion, heck, I don't think I am close to a definitive start! ;D

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear exiledangel;
You wrote:

" I don't believe that I am even close to drawing a definitive conclusion, heck, I don't think I am close to a definitive start!"

I tend to disagree with this statement, my friend. You are outside, you are looking, you are wondering, you are taking pictures and you are asking questions. To me, this is a VERY definitive start!
Your friend;
LAMAR

OP
OP
exiledangel

exiledangel

Apr 17, 2009
Commerce City, CO
lamar said:
I tend to disagree with this statement, my friend. You are outside, you are looking, you are wondering, you are taking pictures and you are asking questions. To me, this is a VERY definitive start!
Your friend;
LAMAR

Good point, well taken, a start it is!

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
exiledangel,
Your discription of the first picture is correct.
The second is of sculpted cairns.
These are meant to be seen from many miles distance.
These are major trail markers and point both ways.
When you are beside one of these the next marker is visible in the distance,
usually on the next hilltop.

Great pictures and good eye.
you are living in what used to be a mineral rich part of "New Spain".
Of course they explored it!

enjoy chasing history.
Thom

OP
OP
exiledangel

exiledangel

Apr 17, 2009
Commerce City, CO
Triangles, triangles everywhere!

OK, I have no idea how I forgot this one. This is the area directly above the Turtle with the wide open mouth, or eye picture. It is loaded with areas that are obviously hand carved into triangles. There are even areas that are caliched in and most notably, the part that I circled and have added as an insert. This is a perfect triangular hole filled in with rocks. There are several patterns and carved out holes fitted with stones as well!
triangles everywhere.jpg

And check out this little guy! He dose not belong in this rock face at all and stands out like a sore thumb. How did I miss him the first time around I will never know!
little guy.jpg

lanny

Mar 20, 2009
AZ
A little closer look,#1 looks like a man with a beard-and even closer look might show you he has more then one
head .one looking at you the other one looking toward that little white rock.#2 look like some thing laying there.
#3 looks like a lions head.#4 is a bird or turtle head.I am not sure what they might mean,but take a closer look
at what the lions head is looking at or in that matter see what all the heads point to.Good luck, hoped I help
some.I'm just getting the hang of it and the computer to.

netoo.jpg

OP
OP
exiledangel

exiledangel

Apr 17, 2009
Commerce City, CO
lanny said:
A little closer look,#1 looks like a man with a beard-and even closer look might show you he has more then one
head .one looking at you the other one looking toward that little white rock.#2 look like some thing laying there.
#3 looks like a lions head.#4 is a bird or turtle head.I am not sure what they might mean,but take a closer look
at what the lions head is looking at or in that matter see what all the heads point to.Good luck, hoped I help
some.I'm just getting the hang of it and the computer to.

netoo.jpg

Thanks for your observations Lanny, and I think your right. I have been looking at this a little closer and have noticed many of the things that you pointed out. I think that there is a ton of stuff in this wall. I am going to go back this weekend and get a closer look at it to see what I can see!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread