I THINK I FOUND A SPANISH TREASURE HEART SIGN.....

OP
OP
AIORIA

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Hello guys how's it been lately? I haven't posted in over 2 weeks now because I didn't find anything new until yesterday......

I went back to the exact same signs that are in the video and I noticed that the carving that I outlined with my finger, looks like it has an arrow pointing on the edge of the eye that is pointing directly to the confirmation hoyo.......

I looked through the hoyo and then proceeded to follow that direction until hopefully I found some other signs.

I walked and checked every boulder in sight for signs or markers for about 2 hours and when I was about 1/2 a mile away I came upon what seems to be an X carved on this boulder or could also be a cross, with a circle that has a dot in it, on top of the cross. Please tell me what you guys think....

Attachments

• xmark11.jpg
    xmark11.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 4,473
  • xmarks2.jpg
    xmarks2.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 4,431
  • xmarks3.jpg
    xmarks3.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 4,396

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Now you are finding the signs.
To see a better sope of them in a weathered condition such as this,
try converting to a negative and look again.
Sometimes things show up that won't show up to a necked eye ... simply because they weathered off.

Attachments

• xmarks2.jpg
    xmarks2.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 4,352
  • xmarks3.jpg
    xmarks3.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 4,376
OP
OP
AIORIA

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
It took me a while to find this, since I had been scoping the mountain on and off for the last 3 weeks and hadn't found anything. That's when I decided to go back to the original place and take a look at that carved eye again. I noticed that the left edge of the eye looked like an arrow and it was pointing directly to the hole, hoyo, in the rocks. That's when I decided to look through it and follow that direction.......

What do you think this sign means? Could that be the spot were something is buried? After all, X marks the spot. Only thing is that the circle with the dot in the middle has me a bit confused?????

I tried going to treasurehunteruniversity.com to find that symbol, and its meaning but the site seems to be down....

Any help or info will be much appreciated. God bless.

goldguru

Aug 24, 2005
Maybe a foolish question but did U look thru the hoyo In both directions?

1/2 mile seems a lill far..unless the cross rock stood out thru the hoyo.(not knowing what was viewed thru the hole ... 1/2mi not far but hoyo should direct you to a semi specific point and sure the 2 hr walk maybe in order but there should have been a location to find viewing thru the hole)

does the circle on the cross point you back to the hoyo,using the main part of the cross as a direction arrow following the direction to which the circle is pointing?

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Good advice Ray.
Try looking in the ither direction to see if the signs don't start a bit closer to the hoyo.
I am willing to bet that there is something like a cairn or some ground markers you have missed.

Good job Brent,
A better interp I couldn't have done for the sign itself.
Still,... something missing.

minetres

Mar 13, 2008
Aioria,

You do have a treasure mark there I believe the treasure is deep and to the left and down next to the bolder may be under the rock there. Your Detector my not be able to pick it up this deep you may need a two box or better. I have done some dry washing in that desert and did very well there is lots of Gold there.

Minetres

OP
OP
AIORIA

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Minetres, How do you know this is a treasure sign? What exactly does it mean?

I think I may have exaggerated with the 1/2 mile distance. It was probably more like 1/4 mile or a bit less from the hoyo. The hoyo was looking towards that direction were there are lots of boulders every where. It took me 2 hours because I kept going to every single one to look for signs until I came upon this one.......

So you have been to this desert before? Where are you from?

Lost Horse

Nov 3, 2008
Here is some info from
Charles Kenworthys Book
(Treasure - Signs, Symbols, Shadow and Sun Signs)

On page 38 he has an illustration

Attachments

• Circle With Center Dot.JPG
    Circle With Center Dot.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 4,280
OP
OP
AIORIA

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Lost Horse said:
Here is some info from
Charles Kenworthys Book
(Treasure - Signs, Symbols, Shadow and Sun Signs)

On page 38 he has an illustration

Thank you Lost Horse for the info. So it seems that the circle with dot in the middle is not a spanish sign for gold, but it is a spanish sign for "3"?? Probably meaning the distance to go from that spot in the direction of the line connected to the circle with the dot?

So its simply a symbol of measurement of distance?? Although the circle itself doesn't mean GOLD, could it still be leading to Gold treasure?

minetres

Mar 13, 2008
Aioria,

I'm from Ventura lived there most of my life. I'm now in New Mexico I have been to over a hundred treasure site's where treasure was retrived and have followed the treasure trails to there conclusions for years and that circle with a dot has been used for many meanings. The symbol can mean 300 Vara, buried treasure, and three. I have seen it at sites where three could not be concidered in anyway and the treasure of Gold was within 50 feet. The reason I'm interested in the Bolder is the way it is shaped, looks like an animal laying on top looking down and the cut flat nose facing the ground could mean buried right there I have seen this before the Spanish used this a lot. Any way I would check out the spot very good before going on.

Minetres

minetres

Mar 13, 2008
Aioria,

Looking at this picture again I'm sure now the treasure is still there and you are at the spot to the left of the picture you see the rock in the dirt supporting the rock that looks like part of the bolder and the left side of the cross is sharp pointing at the spot every thing says there. The symbol dose mean deep also so I would expect at least 6 feet deep which was common then.

Good luck
Minetres

OP
OP
AIORIA

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Minetres, thank you for your opinion. I am trying not to get too excited by what you have told me because after all, there may or may not be something there. I already went over that area with my Minelab Safari in ALL METAL mode as well as using my compass x-100 with the only coil i have for it (8 inch) and found a bullet at about 1/2 a foot. If the treasure is atleast 6 feet deep, then I guess neither of these machines will even come close to ever finding it!

I guess I will have to take a few friends with me to dig about 2-3 feet deep and 5-6 feet around the boulder with the sign. Then use the detectors again and see if I can get a hit.......

What other advice would you give me on how to go about it since you are very experienced in treasure hunting as you have mentioned??

goldguru

Aug 24, 2005
not sure i would recomend random digging there.
the boulder appears to be weighted in the direction of the face pointing down towards the rock on the ground..another words DIG HERE I GOT YOU.. :o

look closley @ the other side for lightning bolts..there maybe 2 on the side you took the pics from.

this could very well be a dead fall boulder,( removing the rock on the ground maybe all it takes to release the dead fall)it would appear to me that over the yrs this boulder used to sit more up right(RH lower corner rising out of the ground).

this maybe due to the dead fall material compacting due to seasonal changes.

others prob have a better recomandation to what to look for as U carefully poke around..there should be a map rock there?

Maybe OD will jump in here with a link to the recent example of a Dead fall boulder I couldnt find it ..lol

OP
OP
AIORIA

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
You are absolutely right golguru. I went there this afternoon at 4pm and started digging directly in front of the boulder. I noticed it seemed a bit to slanted for my liking and thought to myself that it could fall on me if I dig too much and too near to it. I dug almost two feet in a 7 by 7 foot circumfrence directly in front of the boulder.

Then I got very tired and decided to call it a day. I do feel it would be better to get that boulder out of the way or do something to it, like put thick ropes around it and tie them around the bigger heavier boulders that are directly behind it so as to keep it in place when digging, and not worry so much about it falling on my head and flattening me out like a pancake.

I used to work in a farm and know how to use heavy equipment like loaders and stuff. I might ask my ex boss if he could let me borrow the BIG loader for a day and a thick metal chain and just move that thing out of the way easily like candy......

Then while i'm at it, I could use the scoop on the loader to dig in foot by foot intervals and inbetween every interval, I can use my detector to see if it picks up anything. If it does then we dig by hand the rest of the way so as to not damage any of the treasure......

I wish it was that easy.... I don't think my old boss would want to let me use his equipment. He is to cautious about letting anyone even his workers use the equipment OUTSIDE the work area. Oh well, I guess the rope idea would be the best....

Also, what if we dig on the other side deep enough to were it starts slanting to the other side and then pull it with 4 or 5 guys with ropes until it falls over to the other side?

minetres

Mar 13, 2008
Aioria,

I thought about the dead fall to, there is no doubt in my mind this was made this way I would look for any lighting bolts but if there is nothing else I would still dig but be very careful. It would be great if you could get some heavy Equipment in there even if you rent it like a Bobcat would work. I have seen a Cache site where the bolders looked like a trap and it wasn't so just be careful. The main rock could have a hole cut into it and the other rock wedged up to it may be a cover.

Again Good luck

Minetres

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread