Come Join Me on my Hiking Journey: UPDATED 2.21 w New Pics

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
My trusty dog and I go hiking several times a week. These hikes have taken us over mountains, through streams, across rivers, through private property as well as through National Parks.
HOWEVER, all of these pictures were taken within 10-12 miles of each other. It's too bad these areas remain some of the last pieces "un-urbanly-sprawled" solitude and beauty that we have left in this area. I have NO doubt that hundreds if not thousands of symbols, carvings and markings have been destroyed in this area in the last 25-50 years.

NOW, I am even newer than a "novice" when it comes to all of this, and I am one of those people that can see a face, shape or message in almost ANYTHING...i believe that is called "mentally insane" :laughing7:

I ask you all to comment, suggest, give ideas, or even tell me I'm looking "too hard" and that I am, in fact, a lunatic (I won't argue).

I love history, I love nature and I love taking pictures of the sights around me, ESPECIALLY if they have a historical context.

Ok enough babbling. I may be on to "something" or I may just, in fact, be taking "purty nature pikcherz"

I will try to comment on certain ones as best I can...

AGAIN, please feel free to contribute...

This thread will be regularly updated as I hike weekly and year round...

Please join me on my journey. It's all minutes from a huge city..yet worlds away

(Not sure if the pics are going to be too big...not the most 'puter literate feller)

NOTE:
I will group the pictures by feature (i.e tree, rock, woman in bikini, etc) and NOT by location.
SO, if you feel there is a strong possiblity that certain things may be related I will be more than happy to confirm whether or not they are in the same immediate area. But, AGAIN, all pictures were taken within a 10-12 mile radius.

Away we go...

Everything will be "A-OK"....at least, that's what this tree is tellin me...haha ;D

treeokay.JPG

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
Re: Come Join Me on my Hiking Journey: Will be TONS of pictures for pondering

Then again...

We MAY need to proceed with a smidgen of caution :dontknow:

:laughing7:

PREPARETOMEET.JPG

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

Shall we begin at the beach.......ER, I mean, BEECH?

beechtree1.JPG

Attachments

• beechtree2.JPG
    beechtree2.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 651
  • beechtree3.JPG
    beechtree3.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 644
  • beechtree6.JPG
    beechtree6.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 662
  • beechtree5.JPG
    beechtree5.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 661
  • beechtree4.JPG
    beechtree4.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 661
OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

Now it's time to ROCK (n' roll?)
I took many of these in the same general area and because they looked like peculiar placement, formations, and/or faces/shapes. As stated earlier I am one of those people with a crazy imagination that can find a face in dang near anything!
:-[

This first one is a rather large opening...and when looking inside it frightened the "stew" out of not only myself but my 100lb dog as well who wouldn't go near it...it looked like an animal of sorts peering out at us..but upon closer inispection (from further away ha) it was just another 'posititioned' (accidentally over the years??) rock that happened to have, what appeared to be, facial features of sorts...the picture isn't the best and I have others of a wider angle if requested.

rockcave.JPG

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

The side of the "cave" is this odd looking "natural" formation
rockfaceclosed.JPG

Not too far away, at a further elevation was this 'un

rock3.JPG

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

same vicinity

Attachments

• rockcross.JPG
    rockcross.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 620
  • rockcross2.JPG
    rockcross2.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 632
  • rockhill.JPG
    rockhill.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 625
  • rockhoya1.JPG
    rockhoya1.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 618
OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

A little further down my hike and up the hill watching me?

rockman.JPG

EDIT: I just discovered the "invert colors" tool...its amazing what is revealed when you do that...
Here is a inverted cropped "face" from the picture above

rockmannegative.JPG

more...

rockmoon.JPG

Why so sad rock fella'? :(

rocksad.JPG

"you spin my rock right round right round...."

rockround.JPG

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

A few more till everybody has a chance to catch up.... Don't wanna over-saturate my own thread this early :tongue3:

SNAKE HEAD? :o

jumped right out at me the second I saw it...(not literally...that'd be...scary...)

rockserpent.JPG

A content turtle with his eyes closed???? :dontknow:

rockturtle.JPG

Louisiana...is dat you?

rocklouisiana.JPG

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA

Here's my thoughts so far...

I think the first picture of the tree is natural

"prepare to meet thy God" is grafitti

The first beech is hard to make out because it wasn't chalked but it is KGC

beechtree2, beechtree3, beechtree4, beechtree5 appear to be modern grafitti

beechtree6, "HUEY" is KGC

Several of the rocks appear to be altered by man (not natural). The last one obviously is, nature won't make such a straight line. If you are in Louisiana, a state shaped rock makes sense. I have seen state shaped rocks that were made by the KGC.

Good luck,
Big Hoss

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS

I'm glad you're fortunate enough to be able to enjoy the great outdoors, the clean air, the exercise and the head-clearing that gets you out of the house, out of town and into the natural world. It sure beats TV.

You'll find lots of weird looking natural formations and not a few manmade signs left for a number of reasons by the many humans who have proceeded you. If you insist on attributing all the above to Spanish treasure cocealers, have a fun fantasy and be sure to post dozens of pictures of rocks and tree blazes.

Be sure to wear sturdy footwear, carry plenty of water and phone home if you're late.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS

You're right Clay. I apologize CH. Let the games begin.

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

Thanks all for the responses....BUT

I would like to reiterate a point I made in my very first post in the thread

" I may be on to "something" or I may just, in fact, be taking "purty nature pikcherz" "

So to clarify, I never claimed I'm in search of any treasure/treasures/lost world, etc...

Only that I go hiking in VERY historical places and there are, indeed, things that I find interesting and odd, so I take pictures because I enjoy that too.

I created this thread because 1) I know for a fact some of the pictures contain "graffiti" from the civil war..it is documented but wanted to get other's takes on it as well
and 2) The area has thousands of years of other history in it and there are just so many 'neat' things I wanted to share from my journey that could, in some way, tell a story.

Not all treasure is shiny and monetarily handsome....

Again, I never claimed to be on a trasure hunt...in fact, if there was any Spanish around here they were EXTREMELY lost as I am hundreds of miles across country from the dozens of threads containing monuments, symbols, etc...so i wouldn't try to credit any of this to them..

But the Natives had been on this ground for thousands of years and a large chunk of the Civil War and reconstruction -era "conflicts" and "activity" occurred right here in my 'backyard'

I am not sold on the whole KGC thing yet..there is no denying that they existed, but as far as their depth and quantity, well I am just now, as previously stated, beginning my research (perusing the internet in depth, just picked up Shadow of the Sentinel (not sure how real it is), etc),,,,,BUT research also includes asking people who are more knowledgeable than I about a particular subject such as this,,,,that is also why I post these,,,,because a LOT of you ARE VERY knowledgeable in this area.....others just think they are...but from lurking on here for a long time, a few of you have very in depth knowledge

Don't be offended or think I'm a simpleton if I post things that are obviously natural to your experienced eyes...I am just learning..but again, research involves asking others for their help...so in sharing these pictures and the ones to follow I am also asking for your help...IF there is any 'merit' to post-cw era signs and symbols in my locations I don't expect anyone to solve anything in detail for me..but I would ask for help and guidance..just as I would expect others to ask my help for things that I may be knowledgeable in (such as sleeping, drinking dark beers, making my fiance angry, etc :laughing7: )

Thanks again and please bear with me,,,,I'm learning..and enjoying the ride along the way :D

Lots more pics to follow

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

Here is just something "fun" ..at least for me...a treasure of the past but only worth its richness in history..the next post will contain various tree "blazes" and markings....

But here is a picture of a rock taken shortly after a large battle in this area during the Civil War

CIVWARROCK.JPG

And I located it in its present state (though its not very hard to find) :tongue3: :headbang:

CIVWARROCK2.JPG

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA

CheathamHill said:
NOW, I am even newer than a "novice" when it comes to all of this, and I am one of those people that can see a face, shape or message in almost ANYTHING...i believe that is called "mentally insane" :laughing7:

I ask you all to comment, suggest, give ideas, or even tell me I'm looking "too hard" and that I am, in fact, a lunatic (I won't argue).

AGAIN, please feel free to contribute...

I like it when someone says they are an absolute newbie, asks you to comment, then tells you that you are wrong... Good luck
Big Hoss

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

Wait...Hoss..I haven't said ANYONE is wrong in here..asked for help, yes..a few times..but have not told anyone they are wrong about anything..color me confused

10claw

Aug 16, 2009

ch , i'm new at this too but i think hoss is on to something at the beech trees. when you go back take your compass and see if you can find the right spot to start and see if you get a degree reading of either 260 degrees or 26 degrees. pm on the way

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

Thanks for the advise..I will do that soon..I will also post other pictures from that area tonight or tommorrow..also thanks to hoss for his earlier thoughts on the Beech Trees..(Though I'm still a bit baffled by his last post)..After doing a bit of research over the last few days I was surprised to see how long they live and how they generally aren't as big as their age would suggest..fascinating trees that don't exist in large numbers anymore..at least in this area..but I did find a new one today not too too far from the others..it was kind of 'out of reach' to get a good picture but there definately appeared to be a snake carved on it..not sure if that is even anything at all..will go back and climb to it next time out
Thanks again all..more pics soon

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007

CheatHam!! WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO HOSS KGC,, I BELIEVE THERE IS SOMETHING TO THE "PREPARE TO MEET THY GOD STONE"! NOTICE THE "THY" COULD HAVE FIT ON THE SECOND LINE,, WITHOUT MOVING IT TO THE RIGHT! WITH THE ' H ' IN " THY "MEANING TUNNEL, WITH A LINE GONG DOWN FROM THE " H "! AND THE TWO E's IN MEET LOOK MORE LIKE EYES,, LOOKING OFF TO THE RIGHT! PLUS GOD OR JESUS IS THE "TREASURE" AND IT COULD BE TELLING YOU THE TREASURE IS VERY CLOSE! PREPARE TO MEET IT! JUST MY TWO CENTS! td LUCK BRO!

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA

tesoro dog said:
CheatHam!! WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO HOSS KGC,,

Tesoro Dog, you may very well be right on that. I stand corrected.

Cheatham, Maybe I did jump the gun. I guess I'm a bit touchy because I have no doubt what you have is KGC and you question it. I guess you don't know me and you did say you are new at this so you have the right not to outright believe me. But it is KGC! ;D

Beech trees are most often (not always) found near water sources. Typically you will find them growing close to creeks. Don't make the mistake of thinking one is too small to be old enough to have been carved by the KGC.
Good luck,
Big Hoss

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ok time for my two cents worth....I agree with Hoss...this is Kgc....But I have to respectfully disagree with Hoss about pic #1 the tree....I have found a tree like this at my kgc site....If you look in the background you can also see another tree that has a half circle bend pointer or directional in it..... These are numerous at my location....Look through the circle in the first tree both directions and see what pops into the picture... And have fun!...Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread