Found a Scorpion

JoeD9106

Apr 26, 2009
This is a beautiful time of year in the Palestine/Israel region. The usually barren landscape is covered with grass and flowers from the winter rain. So what better then to go out with some friends for a picnic. We brought along our grill and as I was getting ready to slice a chunk of beef to throw on the hot coals, I realised we had forgot a cutting board. Being miles away from home I decided to slice it on a large rock in the ground. As I dusted the dirt of the rock my jaw nearly hit the floor. Were my eyes playing tricks on me?? I have searched and searched before for many treasure signs in this historically rich part of the world and usually come up empty handed. But to stumble across something like this is an amazing feeling. I have no idea what it is supposed to signify or what it means so I will let the pictures do the talking. Experts, please chime in. For reference it is about 7cm long and what I believe to be made from lead.

382948610.jpg

382948602.jpg

382948595.jpg

382948585.jpg

382948553.jpg

382948566.jpg

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a BEAUTIFUL find!!! I only wish I could see it with a little more of the dirt excavated from around it...
Thanks for sharing the photos! Feel free to post more if you get the chance. :)

Bran <><

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
definately KGC (the Holy Land chapter of course) :laughing7:

That is pretty dang cool though...time to start resear4ching what it could be/mean!

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
well joe, i have'nt met you on here before so welcome to the forum buddy. that is a great find and very good pictures. on the back of the scorpion, have you noticed it looks like a mans face? wonder what he is looking at?? don't discount kgc being there. is,nt that the originating place of the templars? what excites me is what you said about the grass and flowers. read in the song of solomon ch. 2 vs. 10-13. that's my call. hope you enjoy the hunt.===tenclaw===

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just my two cents... but I'd likely bet that the scorpion piece is either an Arab or an Egyptian artifact. Nothing more, nothing less.
The treasure would be it's historical context, in my opinion.

Bran <><

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
godisnum1 said:
Just my two cents... but I'd likely bet that the scorpion piece is either an Arab or an Egyptian artifact. Nothing more, nothing less.
The treasure would be it's historical context, in my opinion.

Bran <><

That is my 2 cents too. Great find and welcome to Treasure Net.

grillz

Aug 2, 2009
Fantastic find. But look closely, the top of the scorpions carapace is a skull. The tail or head may or may not be pointing in the direction of some danger, however, if we use the Spanish symbiology, i.e: lightening bolts, broken hearts, etc. as a guide post, this could be part of a waybill. It could also mean you are very close to the cache. Be careful.

Clay Lindsey

Jan 8, 2010
Sierra Vista, AZ
CH,

I am seriously not trying to play the part of the sceptic, I am just curious. Can you post a link on this thread to guide uninformed persons such as myself to that "KGC in Israel" information. If their existance outside of the Southern United States, the Caribbean and Mexico was possible, I myself, and others would like to know where to research that as well. Consider me greatful in advance.

Clay

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CH is just being sarcastic... get it? Jeremiah (from the Bible) James Gang... it's a joke son. He made a funny. :D

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I got a laugh.... ;D

Bran <><

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
No worries mate...as you know from my thread I'm exploring 'some kind' of site as well..so all is well

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Looks like a death's head on the back.
Hope you recovered it Joe.
I would enjoy seeing it cleaned up.

And welcome to tnet
very cool stuff you have started out with!

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
WOW! I mean WOW! Joe I wonder if it is just top part showing of something bigger ?? I would use probably a dentists pick to clear away the earth from between the recesses in the scorpian itself,, and clear away the loose earth fromm the rest of the clay or stone like formation and take pics of it also!! Wonder what type metal it is? Also the face on it's back looks to me like a Battle Mask or Helmet! Fantastic find!! td

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread