Interesting . . . any ideas?

S

Smee

Most folks who know me know I look for bent trees . . . and I have found dozens of them in south Arkansas.

Now, I have found a relatively strange object and would like to see what others think. Take a look at this pic:

eagle_tree.jpg

When it rains, this thing looks even more like a bald eagle. When wet, you can see well defined wings and even what appear to be feathers.

Down on the lower left is what appears to be a severed hand impaled on the tree.

Freak of nature, or signs?

K

Kentucky Kache

Looks to me like an eagle with his head down.

OP
OP
S

Smee

What struck me is an Eagle walking up the tree. Eagles don't do that but will perch on a branch. We used to have lots of them here in Arkansas at one time.

BTW, pic is about 3 years old . . . just been bugging me so I decided to see if anyone else saw what I did, as well as what it could mean.

K

Kentucky Kache

I kinda see what you're saying, but the one I see is smaller, and to me looks exactly like an eagle.

Circle on the right - head and beak

Circle on the left - shoulder

Attachments

• eagle_tree.jpg
    eagle_tree.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 410
K

Kentucky Kache

Yeah, I see it. But I see two in one. :dontknow:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blind.In.Texas said:
I see a 15-20 year tree old that is prolly 8"-10" thick.

Good point.
Smee, what species of tree is it? That's mainly a curiosity question because most species would grow fairly fast in Arkansas. We had an oak grow to about 18 inches diameter at shoulder level in about 20 -22 years. That "hand" looks like a spawl.

OP
OP
S

Smee

I've been here in Arkansas for about 30 years. Tree looks just like it did the day I moved here . . . just never took a picture. Wife and I have always noticed the "bird" on the side of the tree. Never noticed the thing that looks like a hand until I took the pic.

It is quite high in the tree (see the power lines in the background). Not sure of the species, but sure it hasn't changed.

Here is another interesting point: as you drive by (it is located on a state highway, just a few feet off the road) it changes from a bird on the side of a tree to a snake curled around the tree when viewed at about 90 degrees difference from the bird. Saw it years ago while riding my bike before they widened the highway. It used to be back off the road.

I mean, I understand that anything like that is PROBABLY natural . . . but I'm not sure and wanted other opinions.

gorgias

Mar 7, 2006
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
The hand could be another bird or a face. We have a lot of face trailmarkers where I live.

Gorgias

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
The bird looks like a fish to me. The tail feathers being tail fins. With a possible smaller owl carved on the back of the fish.

Guess if there are streams in the area.. I would look around. Just speculation.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
desertmoons said:
The bird looks like a fish to me. The tail feathers being tail fins. With a possible smaller owl carved on the back of the fish.

Guess if there are streams in the area.. I would look around. Just speculation.
South of Poteau, OK and on the west side of the road out in a field was what we called the chicken tree. Struck by lightning. One end of the canopy fell away from vertical. As such the damaged and drooping half gave the appearance of a rooster tail.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread