The Uncomphagre Plateau-Route Closed

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10claw said:
could possibly help a wildfire get started?????????????????????????? :hello2:

I GOT IT, I GOT IT. Emergency kindling for a survival fire. Everybody knows how the white man builds his fires bigger than needed. Heck, it could take a dozen gates to survive ONE night. ;D ;D

OP
OP
D

DoveFeather

Apr 18, 2010
WOW!! Thank you Rangler!,
Old dog, the only thing Blake would say was that the BLM has been working on closing these roads for 3 years now, he would never say why.. The only thing good for me is that I asked them if they would move the sign far enough from my WOODEN gate so I wouldn't have to see it. He said they would so I pulled the sign, took it about 100 yards up the road and layed it in the road, about 1 week later they came back and placed the sign where I left it. When you call the BLM you have to leave a call back #, Blake will call you back and you best say everything you want on this call because he won't ever respond to you again.
Blind, it is interesting that the state of Texas has took the rights away from the land owners, I wonder if it would stand up in Federal court!
Clay Lindsey, this old piece of shi_ gate is older than you and you just lost most of my respect!!!
Shortstack, of all the people! Why you?
10claw?!.
I guess it is good to know who my friends are here!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dove, the way you presented the lead post, it APPEARED that the locked gate belongs to Big Brother, not YOU. Looks like we misunderstood. :dontknow:

Clay Lindsey

Jan 8, 2010
Sierra Vista, AZ
DF,

I think we ALL misunderstood. It wasn't our intention to offend you. I think we were a couple of guys just blowing off a little steam, trying to make light of a serious situation.

Clay

waternhole

Nov 12, 2006
The tire tracks were interesting. Access to the special few! One solution. Bolt cutters. Don't go on the roads, just cut the locks! Then they will have to appropriate more funds to place a steel fence post with a cover to prevent the locks from being cut. Next solution. Portable torch or log chain. Final solution. Don't give up! Beware of cameras with motion sensors. They are easily spotted at night when they flash.

ZJBarney

Jun 22, 2010
Yuma, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Cutlass 2 umax
waternhole said:
The tire tracks were interesting. Access to the special few! One solution. Bolt cutters. Don't go on the roads, just cut the locks!
Places I've been it's not uncommon for people to cut the lock on BLM gates and put their own on... :wink: CYA!

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
You guys all need to understand that this gate belongs to the original poster.
The gate is locked to keep trespassers off of private property.
this gate is not representative of a BLM gate.
The BLM's gates aren't as aesthetic or nice looking.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Right Thom,
this is a ranch built from native materials..
BLM gates are huge 8"10" round steel pipes long enough to cross the
road side to side, then post or rocks so you can't drive around.

Just heard yesterday the incumbent administration has placed new gates on approximately
92,000,000 acres across the western US..expect much more as the greenie weenies and
the Forest Circus are one and the same now..and are locking up American land in a unpresidented
land grab at an amazing rate and amounts!

What part of the fact that, we the American Public should not be locked out of Public Land.
do they NOT understand?
It is like living in "an occupied" fascists country-complete with the 'brown shirts'.
In parts of southern California, you can not park on the side of the road in a National forest without an "adventure" permit! With all the gates there is no other place to park.
In northern part, in gold country..gold bearing steams, have signs that say.."pans and hands" only. Meaning you cant use any utensil to dig in to the cemented auriferious gravels - ridiculous sign and rule to make you never come back again..in the '80's this river yielded over 200 pounds of gold, I was one of a dozen dredges over a couple of years .. a locked up treasure trove stolen from the people by the FS and BLM, estimations by the feds themselves that the large rivers in this are are holding a million dollars of gold per MILE of river..maybe that is why they have outlawed dredging in Cal two years ago!
it sucks man - last summer would have been my 29th year dredging for gold, in crystal clear mountain rivers loaded with gold what can it be...greed stupidity, wacko eco nazi's, master plan to put us all out of work, lock up the outback, freeze the minerals in the ground - so we can't run or hide or make a living or recreate at all? I just don't know.
orodeprived
rangler

rangler

Attachments

• big nugget.jpg
    big nugget.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 270
OP
OP
D

DoveFeather

Apr 18, 2010
Hey ZJBarney, interesting that you mention the tire tracks, they are left by the BLM "police", yes they drive a pickup down this route to check on the sign and to see if any tire tracks has went through the gate.
I was talking to my neighbor about the signs, he is 86, a 4th generation cattle rancher that has a permit to run his cattle on the forest, the forest service "police" told him that IF he took a salt block to his cattle on a ATV he would loose his permit!!!! I wonder if these people eat beef?
DF

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I was stationed in Alaska, 1976-1979, Jimmy Carter's administration decided they were going to seal up 6 million more acres in that state "for future generations" and were intent on forbidding any hunting or fishing of any kind. The natives living in the different towns and villages in that area told Washington that they'd be subsistence hunting in that area for hundreds of years, but the Great White Fools in Washington said they couldn't do that anymore and that there would be Federal Game Wardens sent in there to enforce the new laws. The natives told Washington that they'd better hire a LOT of agents because they'd be disappearing as fast as they came in............rough country and all........... Well, someone in Washington decided that the natives would be "allowed" to continue their subsistence hunting and fishing. The natives gave them the finger and said, "sure, thanks". :laughing7: :laughing7:

So, what's my point?? The areas in the lower 48 that are being "roped off" is growing larger and it's very easy for game wardens to get "lost". Plus, if they are driving vehicles into the "primitive" areas then they can be arrested for breaking their own laws. Like Goober said in that one episode of Mayberry; "Citizens Arrest!! Citizens Arrest!!" After all, they cannot BREAK a law to ENFORCE a law.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill,
what they do is to create 'regulations' which are not the sames as "laws"!
If someone has the wherewithal to take them to Court to show a local
Judge that regs are not inforceable as Laws they can win..an oldtimer
I knew fought them for 20 years, won 90% of his cases this way.
rangler..

"the pen is mightier that the sword, unless of course you live in the Alaskan outback!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread