• 1-9-11 440.JPG
    1-9-11 440.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 476

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
an owl notch right next to the heart.
have you checked both sides of the ridge below these to see if there are more signs?
That could be the next step, when you get close enough look through that Hoyo and see what it looks at in the distance.
be sure to look from both sides.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a dog or sheep forming the right side of the notch and the heart. There's a miniature copy over on the far left on the side of the saddleback.
Also, that owl notch also makes a gunsight that is reinforced by the peak in that large inset opening below it.
Of course, this is just a muse. ;D

1-9-11 440-largemarked.jpg

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: Zany, you have now heard the gold plated words from the resident "expert". You will notice that he has not added any useable information, but ticked his computer keys to rain down his dictum from on high. Yep. gold plated words, just like his......................ahhhh, well. His second job is "clown". :coffee2: I used the term, "muse", because I just knew he couldn't resist. :tongue3:

Now, to be of further help. You'll notice that I have not countered Old Dog's evaluation of this site. I would NEVER do that because he is fully knowledgeable and trusted. HE has studied trails and signs for years, cataloging the meanings of the codes and putting his boots on the ground through the West.

After you look through the hoyo and the gunsite for the next sign, I suspect that that smaller version of the dog in that saddleback is just saying, "stay to the right when you pass through" or "the trail goes to the right after passing through."

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Its amazing and gratifying to see how a slight change of angle..a few paces, even a few minutes of time, can change the entire landscape and what you are looking at. Thanks so much for posting this!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hadji009 said:
hey sh$tstack,how about a horse on the right side?u r 8 up.

hadj, a horse?? OK, that's fine with me. My first post was saying dog or sheep, but if you see a horse, that works, too. No need for name calling. "8 up"???? NooooOOO, actually it's $1,000 a minute and up. I'm easy, but I ain't cheap!! :tongue3:

No matter if it is a horse, dog, sheep, etc., in this case. I think the point is a trail that is good enough to use with animals and should lead to an acceptable place to camp and / or work. Oh, and that might be a mule, but those Spanish explorers sure loved their horses. :thumbsup:

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Shortie

I knew you couldn't resist confusing the matter with your graffitti crayons and your name calling, defending pareidolia is is getting perilous indeed.

After you look through the hoyo and the gunsite for the next sign, I suspect that that smaller version of the dog in that saddleback is just saying, "stay to the right when you pass through" or "the trail goes to the right after passing through."
That might be of value if you had EVER looked thru a single hoyo or sighted thru a real gunsight marker and knew the difference between the two...

I am willing to bet your ip address belongs to a 12 year old who uses his parents pc while they are not home... if not then you come too close to differentiate.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D mangler, your comedy routine STILL needs a lot of work. If you can't help zany with any worthwhile information or suggestions, perhaps you should sit down in the back row and listen. Your personal attacks on other members doesn't help him or anyone else. Well...........................it MUST help you with your self esteem.

OP
OP
zanyzonies

zanyzonies

Jan 7, 2011
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

And thank you for your comments on this. I had to go out of town for a few days. it was nice to see some replies.
MR. Jody: Yes it's the same place, just 280 meters South to North.

Old Dog: Thank you Sir, for your reply. Yes, there is much, much more sign all around this place. on the other side you only see three well defined holes. only from the West side, and at one point do you see the upside down Heart. I have spent countless hours Sir, reading yours and others post here, thank you.

HOOSIERau: Boots are on and laced up!

Short Stack: Thank you and good eye! Yes, yes, there is much more to this area.

Rangler: Thank you. I must say, I enjoy the love, and the hate on this Forum. (most all of it in fun!)

Desert Moon: It is very amazing & wonderfull to me, how They came up with such a system of angles, shadows, and "All" the other neat things The Spaniards came up with.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank YOU, zany, for your kind comments. :hello: You have a most excellent project here and I'm looking forward to more photos; IF you can post any without giving away too much information. If you are not sure, I would suggest PMing Old Dog with your finds and ideas. He is perhaps the most experienced investigator on this forum: boots on the ground thing. :thumbsup: This is not saying other posters aren't. :coffee2:

WORK IT. WORK IT. ;D :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
zanyzonies

zanyzonies

Jan 7, 2011
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Short Stack,

Thank you for the advice, and yes, I understand.

Do you know of any one with experience on the subject of ,the Spanish in "Peru"?
I have been invited to go on a rather interesting adventure there, by a friend that I just took out to a few places to see some of the Spanish sign near me. who has always thought that a lot of these same things he has at home ( S-Central Peru ) were Inca. to say I blew his mind is an under statement.
The things he, and others have told me of his home area is fascinating to say the least. his description's of monuments and carved animals, Puma, Lions, Mules, Dogs, Pigs, Birds and Turtles!
Well, needles to say, the Passport has been dusted off, and all my frequent fl yer mile gathered up! : )

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zany, if you make this trip, take a LOT of photos so you can compare what you see down there with what you find up here. I do not know anyone who is highly knowledgeable on Peru. Just folks who've read the published info and watched the same documentaries. Isn't Peru where that high mountain valley has all of those large monuments clustered together? There was a recent program on one of the cable channels about that place. Also, if you get a chance to visit Puma Puku, I'll envy you for LIFE. ;D Of course, Puma Puku probably isn't anywhere near where you'll be going, but what the heck. If you dream, dream BIG, right? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Zany,

The Peruvian signs I have seen are exactly the same as the ones out here in the western US
There is one to watch for, I have seen it in Columbia, and Brazil as well as Peru.

It is a longish flattened oval that has been quartered.
It indicates concealed gemstones, either mined rough stones or the mine itself.
If the mine is indicated, the classic mine signs we have come to know and love are associated.

The Spanish signs were a universal thing
There is a thunter in Thailand finding the same signs.

OP
OP
zanyzonies

zanyzonies

Jan 7, 2011
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shorty Stack & Old Dog,

Thank you for the advice and help. Puma Punku looks very interesting in deed. and when (not if) I go be assured, I'm like a Japanese tourist with a 1800 picture digital camera! ;D

I'll take that advice Old Dog, and ask my friend about such things.
Peru is such an amazing place. very near my friends villiage is are ruins that are 1 1/2 mile by 2 miles in size, and has never been truly explored. when the Inca finally revolted in 1822, the Spanish had very little notice that they were leaving ( and many never did, alive at any rate ) there are many old Spanish homes, forts and villiages that were all left in a hurry near where we'll be going. many of the Spanish thought this was just temporary, and would return. they never did. they buried things in a hurry, he has told me of some of the Cache's he and his people have found.

the amazing thing is all the old Spanish things they still have in there homes. swords, armor, muskets, pole weapons, etc. neat stuff to say the least. I've been asked to bring my metal detector as well. I think I may invest in a new Mine-Lab. getting through customs there is much easy er than the old Eastern Com-Bloc, I wont need a stamp to get the stamp I need for stamp to get me in! :icon_pirat:

Sorry, I dont mean to ramble. just exited and wondering when the next flight to Lima leaves. :wink:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When, you're talking about such historical information, there's no such thing as "rambling". I've heard that most of the old Mayan, Inca, etc. ruins are still hidden by the jungles, but........................so are things that BITE you. LOL
Be careful and enjoy the heck out of your trip. :thumbsup:

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Be sure to invest in some 50% Deet bug repellent.
My time at Huanzala taught me a lot.

If nothing else you will need to keep with you a clean full size sheet (if you can find one)
Right now is autumn there, and bugs are out full force. Hot, even at night.
sleep under the sheet. It will protect you from lots of bites.
I spent so much time down there to this day I can't sleep without something covering me. LOL

Resist the urge to put too much repellent on, too much will give you a chemical burn, and make you sick.

Most important, have a lot of fun,
that's what you signed up for. show us what you found while you are there.
I for one am anxious to see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions