New Zealand Tattoo Rocks

OP
OP
S

Soulie

Mar 16, 2011
desertmoons said:
Interesting, I was not aware of such a cannibalistic culture before.

The idea of not caring or revering the bones of another culture is not unique to NZ. The Navajo, a large indigenous group here in the US, had few qualms about excavating Chaco Canyon, the residence of a previous culture, including bones. They would even attend occasional fiestas there.

And today jar tombs are excavated by the thousands and the rare textiles sold, whilst the boes are scattered about, or even made tourist attractions in Peru, particulalry Nazca tombs.

I am not defending what happened, just adding some perspective from this side of the world.

I think at times people carved what they SAW. :wink:
Anyway here is the link I was thinking about...

http://www.celticnz.co.nz/SurveyorsNZ/Ancient New Zealand Surveyors.htm

Many thanx for the input, im glad you posted the link, i was looking at doing so myself, however the site has been in accessible to me the last few days, i was going to post the link to see if anyone else outside this country could access it, but looks like its back up now! Thanks for your thoughts. As far as cannibalism goes, yes it was quite wide spread through the early Maori, even so long as 70 years ago there were still reports! However we have to look back at the times as these lands had very few indigenous animals, so the only way to survive would have been to effectively eat each other with the blood providing a rich source of nutrients as scurvy was quite predominant in those times (hence scurvy grass was used to chew for vitamin c especially within the European culture as well as the early American culture) The other side to the cannibalism was not just of nutrients, but the Maori warriors of old believed that eating there enemy would give them more strength by taking on there "mana". As barbaric as it may seem, it is history, and the Maori were not the only culture to use this form. It was quite widespread at the time and with the progressive evolution of man and food supplies dwindling it was necessary to take on acts of cannibalism to survive. In an ironic way this is in someway what has led to the first early travel and migrations. For recent DNA analysis of some of the Maori have traced them back to a small village in Taiwan, that ironically has amazing similarities in customs to that of Maori today/ What is even more interesting is that the male side of the DNA of early Maori did not trace back to Taiwan but Papua New Guinea! Which goes against many Maori beliefs of the migrations! However more extensive DNA analysis needs to be done to determine if other early mixed Maori races existed including the pre Maori colonization of the Maoriori which is accepted today. As far as the carvings go it is accepted that the early Maori did not use carvings etc, that came much later, there stories were past down in word and song that can be still heard and seen widespread here today. It has only been of recent times that Maori art came onto the scene. Many of the of the symbols found here are connected with the ancient Greek Egyptian texts but more so over the last 24 hours i have narrowed it down to an ancient form of Hebrew text! (getting closer!), still trying to work out the time period of these texts but very close to the "Hopi" tribe of the Americas that are thought to also have connections to the early Anasazi tribes that built amazing structures and dwellings. How did the Hopi come by such writings that of similarity to ancient Greek/ Egyptian and more so HEBREW texts? ( possibly with the accidental/purpose migrations of the early Europeans across the great ice bridge some 17,000 years ago, below i have left a link to a great doco outlining this possible accidental migration, also DNA shows that a quarter of the American Indian ancestry dates back to European DNA!) An example of pre Polynesian migration is illustrated in the pyramid in Samoa. There thoughts on there past are stories of a race of heavenly beings that came to them and showed them astronomy. The stones that are shown above, resemble astronomical data in similarity to that of stone henge etc. There are other rocks that have been placed in certain position around these fields close by possibly indicating some form of astronomical alignment. Which does not correspond with the 12c migration of the early Maori. Until more research is done of these stones, hieroglyphics and alignments, the book is still open to debate ;)

OP
OP
S

Soulie

Mar 16, 2011
OMG, managed to take a look at the celtnz site for the first time and got excited to find that these people also traced the carvings all over New Zealand back to Hebrew texts, Woohoo im not as thick as i thought! lol

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soulie:
As a little bit of info for your personal "files"; The Book of Jubilees says that Hebrew is the language of Heaven and was the language of the world until the incident at Babel. The Book of Jubilees was in the KJV Bible, but was taken out; along with The Book of Enoch, and others.

Edited: I originally referred to the wrong book and had to come back and correct it.

OP
OP
S

Soulie

Mar 16, 2011
rangler said:
what do you think , looks kinda right, considering coding to pic of the terrain. lots of fun though - speculation is only that.
rangler
mount3.jpg

Awesome! managed to get a downward glance to give better idea of contours

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread