Any ideas of what this map/carving is saying?

Arizona Ed

Greenie
Jul 31, 2006
I found this carving on a rock in New Mexico, and was wondering if it's a Spanish or Anasazi map...
Map.jpg

D

dowser501

The markings are graffiti. In the background can just be seen the twin lobes of a heart at the end of a turtleback, meaning gold nearby. You should have taken photos of the surrounds. The lighter colored rock in the foreground also has a heart ( gold here) carved out of its tail. That is if it is a second rock.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice. Looks like a map to me.

Not sure what it's saying. Might check the local terrain for help.

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005
Not sure, but did you chalk it? If possible, please post photos without any chalking and showing the larger area (don't show anything to give a location away) with several smaller close-up photos. Spirals and circular images were used by cultures worldwide and also had different meanings temporally.

More photos, puh-leese!

Thanks,
Cavers5

OP
OP
A

Arizona Ed

Greenie
Jul 31, 2006
Thanks for the reply...We did chalk the outline, but didn't take any other photos this time. Will have to take more next spring...

Ed

Indiana$Dirk

Mar 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have decrypted this Spanish treasure map from 1763. We found the original cache sites and discovered one of the greatest gold heists in the history of the US. We have written the story of how we decrypted the map step by step and offer it for free to anyone who wants it. (Its in .pdf format) We would prefer to find someone who will make it available for free download to all on a web site. Why we must remain anonymous is explained in the story. The story has over 50 color photographs and images which show exactly where this map is and exactly where the cache sites are.

charliejr

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll do it. As a matter of fact, I'd love to do it. Distributing information is what I do well.

Last edited:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I downloaded a copy of this document and did a quick scan. Very interesting and I will enjoy reading it, BUT it seems that a photo in this book was "borrowed" by rangler and posted in one of his post made not too long ago. Did rangler get these folks permission? Is rangler really Indiania or Dirk and did the other members of this forum provide great services, unknowingly, on this project? Mr. rangler; is it time for full disclosure??

Page photo.jpg

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
I downloaded a copy of this document and did a quick scan. Very interesting and I will enjoy reading it, BUT it seems that a photo in this book was "borrowed" by rangler and posted in one of his post made not too long ago. Did rangler get these folks permission? Is rangler really Indiania or Dirk and did the other members of this forum provide great services, unknowingly, on this project? Mr. rangler; is it time for full disclosure??

View attachment 620292

mike has the same img,came from an old issue of treasure mag i think
The Jesuits

charliejr

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No disrespect to the poster, but I have the maps and pictures of this from the 50's, and the cash outs were in the multi-millions. I do not have the exact number of cache's pulled or still suspected in that area.

Indiana$Dirk

Mar 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it seems that a photo in this book was "borrowed" by rangler and posted in one of his post made not too long ago. Did rangler get these folks permission?

View attachment 620292

To be honest, we "borrowed" one of the images from TN and the other from a web page somewhere. Since this "book" is offered for free and we are not getting anything at all, we felt it was ok to include it in the book. We forgot about these two images when we made the claim that all the photos were ours. We don't know who took the originals of these two phoeos.
I&D

Indiana$Dirk

Mar 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No disrespect to the poster, but I have the maps and pictures of this from the 50's, and the cash outs were in the multi-millions. I do not have the exact number of cache's pulled or still suspected in that area.

Please fill us in. Thanks.
I&D

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
Could be a clever Jesuit overlay system. Several scales of the same map assembled from different angles. Possibly pointing out an entire mineral zone containing a range(s) of mountains. Same map used at each mine site; each one being turned at a different position.
Monk like the PAX glyph in the Superstitions (associated with the Peraltas), seeks out the "Winrose Marker" or "Outfield Triangle Apex of Stone, Tree and or Roots." "Coiled Circle, symbol of the morning Sun," Probably a diviners energy symbol for am rays at your back. Large cross...Where main trails meet in the region? Face value could be many miles on the ground.

Beaten Pasture Ground near minerals first clue and then area trails that appear to lead to nowhere. There will be an occasional small marker stone on the right trails, out of place some. Near a place with flowers...Flowers like water.....pressurized ... Daisy Chain

Last edited:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thank you, very much for your quick and HONEST reply.

charliejr

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem. People trust me with information of all kinds. In the treasure arena, the same holds true. It has been the only way I have made it this far. I may not get as involved as some, but what access I do receive puts me in an entirely different position. Make no doubt about it when I say there are other caches all over the place to be had. One cache people do not assume to be a "cache" are gold veins, placers, underground cities (yes, I said it), underground travel routes (there are more than people know about (from Mexico to the U.S. for one), and even more information. When I receive information, I do my best to test it, and see if the weight of what is being provided holds weight. (In treasure lore, it is difficult, but some truth can be found.) I want to be involved, even if it doesn't mean a physical payout. A person can be a "trove" (of knowledge). My ethics and philosophy far out-weigh that of material, but the physicality of a "treasure" is always more than inspirational.

I have contacts. Some known, all the rest anonymous (I respect this). In way, I become a "tool" if you will (knowledge, know-how, bridge for communication between parties). In addition, I always keep heavy info on the back-burner (one form life insurance, one form need to know only). My ultimate goal is to be successful at the few things I do, and so far, I get by -not much, a penny or two here or there, but I get by.

Apologies to I&D, this particular informtion I spoke of involves a private party, that is the best I can give you. It is as far as I can step to the line without giving away this type of information.

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
the link i posted for the bars img,has the mag img,it says 1986,since
ive never read that issue,i cant be sure its in that mag,but prob is
im about finished reading the pdf,30 more pgs, makes me want to go hunt
mikes site with the mag img
82 found

Attachments

• rqmag1.jpg
    rqmag1.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 155

charliejr

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great issue -and site (Thanks Gollum -site creator). Southern Arizona is a regular hot bed for activity.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
charliejr you wouldnt happen to have a pdf copy, of that article,would you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread