OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mdog, I believe the trail north is a web work of smaller trails that kick off towards water holes, safe areas, and minerals. But right now it appears there is a very clearly marked trail. Between treasure hunters and archys, there is a difference of ideas of actually how to read the trail, and what is happening. So the kings trail as marked is most likely pretty close. Now I get offers for Mexico, but feel I would end up in a ransom box or my head wrapped in duct tape.

Springfield has mentioned a few trails as there are others. There is only a few hundred years of trade and search for mineral that apply to the Spanish. That is also a debate, how long was the Spanish here. A lot can happen in a few hundred years, declination of a compass, the use of the back staff to quadrant, or the setting of the Vera for land ownership purposes. Also it is believed the Spanish was chased out at one point so the areas we search was occupied twice by them. Lastly, the laws that applied to the Spanish also changed and some may have not followed them.

I focus on some of the larger monument types of sign. Anyone who has walked the trail will tell you there is several markers looking down the same trail. There was other players so there is other markers that are the same and makes for a confusing day. I think there is even a lil bit of truth in a lie. But everyone hunts the trail different. As people loose things all the time, I believe there is probably treasure just about everywhere you look. My pictures are my treasure. Without some very expensive equipment I don't own right now, I will never know if I have found any caches or hidden mines. But the trail is marked. I learn something every time I go out.

Oh, before I forget. The north and south trail seems to be oriented with Sante Fe, and Mexico City. I believe that orientation lays a big part in some monuments.

Last edited:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Thanks Casca. You mention that smaller trails kick off to go to water holes, safe areas and minerals. Have you ever seen trail markers pointing off to areas where there are legends of lost mines or treasure vaults. For example, there are legends about treasure storage areas at Victorio Peak, have you ever seen markers pointing off the main trail toward areas like that. If so, what type of markers do they use for something like that.

Rick

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Rick, I do visit known treasure sites. So that would be yes. I dont always take pictures as the signs are gone at a lot of these places. Yes I do feel the Organs Mountains in Las Cruces has a at least one more treasure trove hidden in it. I dont visit the Organs much, but when I do, have seen old mines and tailings. I always find red granite with a lot of sparkly silica in it at the tailings.

Now you want to know what markers they use? What I am finding is confusing for me to explain. The signs change depending at where you are at from the hole. Since I dont dig very often, and only to see if something is there. I can say there will be signs at the hole. I have never been able to see where to dig from farther than 10' feet away. You have to be on top of the hole, and recognize it. Most folks probably walk right over stuff all the time. But I can see a general search area from more than 100' feet away. But you really only need a piece of rope 20' long or less.

I usually know when I am going to find a area of sign. Some areas hold nothing but sign. This thread is about Spanish Trail sign and not treasure troves or holes. Holes are total different animals, can be simple to very complex. Holes are also 200 years old, I stay out of em.

Yes there will be sign pointing to a area. A hoyo is a good example. I have noticed holes come in different types, and marked different ways. The actual hole may not have markings that you can see. I have a area I need checked out in the Organs. Its on a list of 3 other sites. I am certain Im about to add a 5th site to the list. Ill leave the digging for the professionals lol.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
"Now the trick is not to get tied up in a symbol, symbols just means someone was there, not always a set meaning"

casca.
just so you stay on the correct path....the real trick is to find and identify a minimum of 3-5 symbols or elements so you can identify a true "monument" hopefully an Alpha Monument first, then decode these elements to give you Distance and Direction to the Omega Monument...then do the same to find the dig spot..that is the ONLY was to find anything of value besides exercise..
The hoyo is not used the same what in every instance..sometimes it tells you what to look for ...like a clue sometimes it just is....a clue for instance the cresent moon shape may mean Silver...or look for a prominite shadow on a full moon nite~! [extremely rare rare rare..] why would want to give the kings mens a heads up on the nature of the goodies..well mostly because of the huge disparity of the weight of the silver over gold...a quint could be a matter of 50 pounds of gold but the same value in silver might be aa quarter ton~!

Your 'owl' is not as distinct as I have seen many times over..and I see a human face lightly outlined and some sort of 'hat' making it look kinda like a chess piece,.how ever better pic might show more especially at the noon time sun..even athe summer sun...anyway the man/owl, the hoyo and the Jesuit 'V' give you the minimum amount of elements necessary to confirm this as an Alpha Monument. Also there is an letter "D" on the right side under the hoyo..again better pics will no doubt show the number "4" or "7" or "9".....just maybe you will find a nice 3 digit number somewhere on this rock face, front or back.look for it, it is extremely important.
The bear face is telling you the dig spot is death trapped..dont be confused by other signs, they are more than likey false trails designed to lead you away from finding the Omega Monument...if you will pm me, I will tell you where to look for the Omega. Some things are not for children to know.
oro mandate
rangler

ps any dry holes are just that someones guess...unless they date to before 17th century when the kings men where still on active duty and nothing at the omega will [directly]point to the dig spot - not allowed by the kings rules for the code - under
penalty of death by the king..decoding the Omega monument will give you distance and directionn to the dig spot, that and only that, sorry to say willl give you the dig spot!!!

pps also random trail signs might be made to lead you to water, a camp spot, a protected spot safe from attack and maybe just maybe to a mineralized area of mines and caches...where you change focus from looking for trail signs to looking for monuments..like what you have found here...

Last edited:

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing personal here just my thoughts, but

:: throws B.S. flag ::

If the treasure you are seeking is dealing with the church, then the message will be tailored in terms of the church.

Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."

Sometimes I wonder why people give out false information....
Is it because they don't know any better or just trying to hoard info they took long to find or just both.

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not name no one in particular, but if BS flags where thrown then this place would be littered with them. Some of my post included.

billythekidder

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
usernotfound brings up a good point when he says "If the treasure you are seeking is dealing with the church, then the message will be tailored in terms of the church." Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is a fun area for me, I will post more later.

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really liked this post. This post gave me a moment of pause as I found just that, a place for a fox to lay its head. That area had two hoyo, one a humming bird pointing up? There was a large visible mineral deposit of some green rock with very small silica, that has been told to me to be Miners delight. There appears a small pit mine not far from this, but I haven't verified that yet. Its not that Im not sharing, its a lot of info and pictures that have to be sized down to show this. I dont like messing with my pictures. I need all the detail I can get.

Now Shortstack always gives my sights away. DSTY was also trying to help, and I didnt want to draw attention to his clue also. There is a pair of turtles. They mark a area I have saved for another day. I do believe a hidden area. These holes can be tricky and dangerous. There is probably a minimum of pitfalls and dt's associated with a hole.

There is 3 more areas I have to catalog first before I re visit any of these spots. I feel it very important to have the whole picture first. As I find this areas, I get clues on what to expect ahead. This site may be pushing me to another site I hope is untouched. I dont know how good the trackers before me was. I will know soon enough.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop giving his sites away. Or else...:laughing7:

As far as I know, I've NEVER given his sites away........or anyone ELSE'S. I've taken great pride in the fact that posters have confided info to me that I've kept totally confidential. No if's, ands, or buts.

I THINK Casca is pulling my leg.

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
usernotfound brings up a good point when he says "If the treasure you are seeking is dealing with the church, then the message will be tailored in terms of the church." Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Absolutely,

and another...

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." - Matthew 6:21

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as I know, I've NEVER given his sites away........or anyone ELSE'S. I've taken great pride in the fact that posters have confided info to me that I've kept totally confidential. No if's, ands, or buts.

I THINK Casca is pulling my leg.

Short Stack has a good eye for sure. I forget how good that eye is sometimes. No offense meant short stack. SS give the info away lol, which I like. Don't stop SS.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the horse had been bugging me so I went and got up close and friendly. I found a hollowed out area which contained a hoyo in the shape of a rabbit. I also had a area close to the horse that made the detector go silent, exact opposite of what Im used to it doing. My wife who thought it she had broke it asked me what happened. I told her to gb it and it was fine as long as she didnt run it over the one spot.

My wife who comes along to keep me company then noticed a large V with a cross in it. I thought of the bible verses here and decided to take a picture of it too. I also have another so easy to see V with a cross in it. The camera only does so much, so I apologize if no one see's what we seen.

Now we are surrounded by hills, and I asked my wife to look at a spot with bono's as I was having a bad day seeing. She informed me there was a cave there. She asked me how I knew that cave was there. She felt that it was so easy for me to pick out a spot like that, anyone could do it. I was hurt, but just smiled at the odds. This cave was miles off to a place I have never been, nor could you see any cave with the naked eye. Now I want a picture of the cave.

Enjoy the pics. Look for the owl in the horse picture, see if you can find it.

Horse2.JPG
View attachment 715540
v2.JPG

Last edited:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Short Stack has a good eye for sure. I forget how good that eye is sometimes. No offense meant short stack.

None taken. I was thinking that I'd posted something negative but couldn't figure out what it could be. Then, I reallzed that maybe you have a dry sense of humor sometimes like I do, that can come across wrong when put into writing. :laughing7: :occasion14:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca:
Here's what I see in your first photo. The horse profile on the right outlined in blue. The long nosed man in the middle who's chewing on a cat, of all things. yesh! The man is outlined in red and cat in yellow circle. The lion profile on the left, outlined in black with an opened mouth that is shaped like an owl's head, circled in yellow.

There are a lot of small symbols all over the place, but didn't mark any because they might not be important for the main trail. :dontknow:

Horse2-Casca-adjusted and marked.jpg

In this other photo, I lined the "V" just to the outside of the actual carving. Could that long arm be the direction indicator? The "X" could be the value of 10. The area I circled if full of symbols. Perhaps some more chapters and verses??
v2-Casca-enlarged and marked.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well thank you ShortStack, I always enjoy your post. You are correct I posted a picture of a cat that lead me here. The hoyo had a odd set of rocks behind it if you looked through one side. But Im sure it was telling me to take the fast trail. Now a man by himself is interesting, as they are in 3's here when I have found them.

Something affected my detector and I would like to know what would know my detector out of GB. I set it to hum and that one spot knocked the hum out of it. I was in high gain mode.

Now here is a funny. Im taking pictures, and my wife is running the detector. It goes quiet, she runs her gold wedding band over the coil thinking it was not working. Of course it screams at this point, and Im on the other side of the horse where I couldnt see her. She was laughing her butt off as I squealed like a kid and came running. I couldn't see what she was doing. I really love my Fisher F75, it really works for me and I can usually tell whats under the coil........I was very happy for a few seconds anyway. I know it works now lol.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bet your wife got the best laugh out of your quick move out from behind that rock to check her "find". NOOOOW. Did you check that spot out in any way?? Your detector told you that there was a V-O-I-D there. Either a spot of soil that was a lot less compacted than the surrounding area where you balanced your detector.........OR.........a space boxed in with wood or stone slabs?? Maybe a capped pozo or entrance point. Many possibilities. Your detector was balanced then you set it to have that background hum as a reference for subtle changes in the electromagnetic field of the coil. When that background hum dropped out.....it was because there was not enough mineralized soil compacted in that area to maintain the machine's balance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread